Instagram Interior Designers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is something that really bugs me on Instagram. Interior design is far more than painting a wall, buying a few bits and styling. That’s decorating. But why do the call themselves interior designers. As a qualified Interior designer it’s insulting.
Rant over.

Reactions: 4
I totally agree with. It’s what’s pissed me off about TheHomeThatMadeMe setting herself up as a design company. Just because you’ve managed to decorate your own home does not mean you are an Interior Designer.
I’ve watched numerous episodes of Holly City but you wouldn’t want me operating on you (I know that’s an extreme example). Just like anyone who owns a DSLR thinks they’re ‘photographer’. There’s so much more to it than that.
I’d love to see some of the work they do for other clients.

Reactions: 4
I totally agree with. It’s what’s pissed me off about TheHomeThatMadeMe setting herself up as a design company. Just because you’ve managed to decorate your own home does not mean you are an Interior Designer.
I’ve watched numerous episodes of Holly City but you wouldn’t want me operating on you (I know that’s an extreme example). Just like anyone who owns a DSLR thinks they’re ‘photographer’. There’s so much more to it than that.
I’d love to see some of the work they do for other clients.
It’s unvelievable how some use the term Interior Designer. It anyone’s me when I studied and practiced years

Reactions: 3