Insomniacs Unite

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wish I found this thread sooner! I’m a terrible insomniac; going through early-ish menopause is not helping, as well as living with chronic pain and PTSD.

I can fall asleep okay, more out of sheer exhaustion but as soon as I wake (normally after 4/5 hours sleep) that’s it. No more sleep. My mind runs rampant at th point too... start getting flashbacks of when I was really unwell, guilt from things I had no control over... not a good cycle to be in.

I’ve been up since 4.30am today; today is particularly difficult for me as it marks the anniversary of my mums death.

I envy people who can sleep soundly!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Wish I found this thread sooner! I’m a terrible insomniac; going through early-ish menopause is not helping, as well as living with chronic pain and PTSD.

I can fall asleep okay, more out of sheer exhaustion but as soon as I wake (normally after 4/5 hours sleep) that’s it. No more sleep. My mind runs rampant at th point too... start getting flashbacks of when I was really unwell, guilt from things I had no control over... not a good cycle to be in.

I’ve been up since 4.30am today; today is particularly difficult for me as it marks the anniversary of my mums death.

I envy people who can sleep soundly!
This is exactly what I am like. Can’t sleep until exhausted and then 4 hours.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Pregnant insomniac over here too!! 👋🏻 Was just thinking last night how I think I preferred the exhaustion in the 1st trimester 😂 I’m not exactly using up loads of energy either as I’m furloughed 😩

I suffer with insomnia badly. I’m on Zoplicone 7.5mg tablets but my GP only prescribes me 7 tablets and this has to last me at least 3 months as you can become dependent on them 🙁 Usually I buy Boots Sleepeaze tablets which are an antihistamine what make you drowsy - they work but again I like to use them sparingly.

I normally scroll through social media and Tattle. I go on YouTube and watch relaxing videos. I’ve found investing in some black out curtains helps me sleep better.

edit to add I suffer with anxiety/depression which doesn’t help my insomnia. The more I worry about not sleeping the more anxious I become, so my moods suffer the day after through lack of sleep/worrying about not sleeping that night. It’s horrible!