Insomnia during menopause

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been taking HRT for over 2 years now.
I am 55.
My worse symptom was frequent insomnia which the HRT really helped with, however
I still suffer from bouts of insomnia and it really leaves me wiped out the next day, like today.
I have no idea why this happens, especially now when things are relatively calm in my life.
Has anyone else had experience of this?

I have been taking HRT for over 2 years now.
I am 55.
My worse symptom was frequent insomnia which the HRT really helped with, however
I still suffer from bouts of insomnia and it really leaves me wiped out the next day, like today.
I have no idea why this happens, especially now when things are relatively calm in my life.
Has anyone else had experience of this?
I'm just starting to suffer with insomnia too, I turned 50 this year. I'm tired and feel ready to sleep then as soon as I go to bed I'm wide awake, eventually go to sleep around 3am, up at 6am. I'm like a zombie

Reactions: 3
i've just started menopause, for someone that used to be very energetic, i am tired all the time but have trouble sleeping. I feel emotional all the time. However i am going through some personal drama in my life, i don't know if it is menopause related. I want to start on HRT to see if i will feel the difference. Would like to know how HRT helped others

Reactions: 2
i've just started menopause, for someone that used to be very energetic, i am tired all the time but have trouble sleeping. I feel emotional all the time. However i am going through some personal drama in my life, i don't know if it is menopause related. I want to start on HRT to see if i will feel the difference. Would like to know how HRT helped others
I struggled on for months with many symptoms thinking it was all down to stressful situations in my life. What finally pushed me towards taking HRT was the insomnia....night after night just lying awake. It was the depleating oestrogen that was causing the sleep problems.
Almost as soon as I started talking HRT I could sleep again.

Reactions: 1
Idk if it's just coincidence but I filled some little linen bags about 2 inches in size with some dried lavender from the garden and tied them to the bed posts about 2 months ago and barely had an unbroken nights sleep since.

Reactions: 3
Hello
Been awake since 2am. I seem to have one good night (6 hours) and then 5 bad ones (3-4 hours).
I feel my heart racing even though I’m on HRT.

Reactions: 2
Hello
Been awake since 2am. I seem to have one good night (6 hours) and then 5 bad ones (3-4 hours).
I feel my heart racing even though I’m on HRT.
...went through this at the start...grinding teeth too...I take HRT and Amitriptyline at night only and that really helped...a wee lavender spritz in bedroom before sleep...also trying to eat well, walnuts and magnesium supplements helps me...

Reactions: 1