Inside No 9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Damn I am so excited for this.

Although secretly I wish they’d go back to making Psychoville I miss that show with my whole heart

Reactions: 3
As with most TV shows I was late to getting around to seeing this but I ended up binge watching the entire lot in two days last year. I absolutely love it and cannot wait for the new series. Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith are just brilliant and I do wonder where they get their ideas from! The episodes Diddle Diddle Dumpling and Tom & Gerri are among my favorites. I have a few things on the Halloween Special but I'll spoiler tag them in case anyone hasn't seen it yet or any new viewers find the the thread next week.

It would be interesting to know if anyone can confirm/deny or shares thoughts on this. When it cuts to the rehearsal tape once the live episode "falls off air" Stephanie Cole interrupts and asks the guys about the motive for the scene and when Steve moves out of the way there is a ghostly figure walking towards the camera... is that a cameo from Mark Gatiss? Although it is blurry it does look like him - to me anyway. I've had a look around and not seen anyone else mention it before.

Also, when the episode went out I didn't watch it but I did find out about it from a friend who called me hysterically happy because during the bits where it cuts to an episode of Most Haunted he was part of the team at the time and featured in the scenes they used - so by default appeared in an episode of Inside Number 9. He has done a lot of TV/Radio work - he has never been more proud than when he appeared in this! Quite right! I would have that on my CV! He probably does to be fair haha

Reactions: 6
The Halloween episode was partly inspired by BBC Ghostwatch from the early 90s. That terrified me when I was kid 😲

Tubes 😆

Reactions: 3
My least favourite episode they’ve done for me. Happy it’s back and did laugh a bit (Alaska?) but hoping it picks up!

Reactions: 4
I usually have to watch them a couple of times to understand them!

Reactions: 2
yeah, it was all very *theatrical* and beautifully shot, and it'll bear repeat views, like all of them.

ugh, I just hate it when it's not a straightforward 'disturbing story' that i figure out the twist in the last minute!

Reactions: 4
yeah, it was all very *theatrical* and beautifully shot, and it'll bear repeat views, like all of them.

ugh, I just hate it when it's not a straightforward 'disturbing story' that i figure out the twist in the last minute!
I prefer the disturbing ones as well.

Just watched it, probably my least favourite episode ever. Didn't like the puns or slapstick elements at all, quite cringe at times. Don't know if it was meant to be an homage or not, but the dick on the board joke was a direct rip from South Park. The masks made it difficult to understand what was being said at times. Hope there's a few sinister ones lined up.

Last edited:
I only started watching this yesterday from the very start. Watched 13 episodes so far and absolutely loving it! I’ve never laughed, cried and screamed in so many different ways at a show before. Absolutely brilliant!

• Heart
Reactions: 6