Ingrown hairs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else suffer from them? Mine are so bad no matter what I do and wondered if anyone had any advice? I regularly get waxed every 4-6 weeks, I exfoliate using scrub, body brush or exfoliating gloves every other day and I use Lycon ingrown hair solution but still they’re really bad.
Every time I go for a wax I get embarrassed as I feel the therapist is judging me or thinking I don’t do proper after care when I really, really do. I’m at a loss!

I get them really bad no matter what I do (shave wax etc) thinking the only answer for me might be laser!

Reactions: 1
I get them a lot despite exfoliating & moisturising. I think it’s because I’m always wearing super skinny jeans or leggings after I’ve shaved so the hairs kinda get trapped when they’re trying to come through 😂 that’s my theory anyway ha

Reactions: 1
Try a thin layer of lactic acid and salicylic acid. Works a treat. You can buy them in serums from brands like The Ordinary, The Inkey List. Or this from Superdrug would work well. It will also fix any keratosis pilaris (bumpy rough “chicken skin” usually on upper arms or backs of thighs).

These actives will make your skin more susceptible to sun damage though so bear that in mind, cover up or use SPF on exposed areas after using.

Reactions: 2
Try a thin layer of lactic acid and salicylic acid. Works a treat. You can buy them in serums from brands like The Ordinary, The Inkey List. Or this from Superdrug would work well. It will also fix any keratosis pilaris (bumpy rough “chicken skin” usually on upper arms or backs of thighs).

These actives will make your skin more susceptible to sun damage though so bear that in mind, cover up or use SPF on exposed areas after using.
thank you very much for the recommendations @PineappleQueen19 I really appreciate it - good idea

I get them really bad no matter what I do (shave wax etc) thinking the only answer for me might be laser!
Agreed!

I get them a lot despite exfoliating & moisturising. I think it’s because I’m always wearing super skinny jeans or leggings after I’ve shaved so the hairs kinda get trapped when they’re trying to come through 😂 that’s my theory anyway ha
Yes I thought this too. I live in either skinny jeans, tights for work or leggings for the gym.