Ingham Family #147 Chris thinks he's a bit of a fitty, but can't even spell pity.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t see Chris pausing his travelling dreams in the charva van to make sure Isabelle is back for her GCSE English and History assessments.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Isabelle's reading is the same as any time any of the kids show an interest in anything, it becomes an obsession and a huge part of their personality overnight. Stuck on the worst road trip ever, she gets through a few books and then she's suddenly cast as The Bookish One, bullet journaling and unable to remove her glasses because Reader Aesthetic, innit, while her mother screeches at her to show the camera how many pages she's read.

'Rationing' her reading is a tit excuse to cover that she doesn't want to read as much as her character is meant to.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Rationing reading, seriously? Is that Sarah's idea so Izzy will spend time looking after Jace rather than in her room reading.
I do think Izzy reads, but I think she's just reading the words, rather than taking in the story.

Reactions: 20
Rationing reading literally signifies that she doesnt want to be shown reading as much as they want her bookish character to be. i feel izzy is trying to be something shes not, you see her insta posts and her clothes she got for x mas yet shes painted as bookish and slightly nerdy by her parents the two aestethics dont go together in theory and i feel shes trying to be more of a popular girl now than one of the bookish girls

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Didn’t she just get yet another tit-ton of clothes for Christmas? (Answer ‘yes’) And the ‘midnight’ trip to Primark? Now she’s got a £200 savings goal for this crappy company that sells some very bad quality stuff according to reviews. (Yeah I looked them up couple weeks back)

This must come from her mother - this constant need to buy stuff.

They came to mind the other day when on the radio, there were discussions about how to get basic laptop to kids who are having to learn from home but don’t have the equipment. This lot have so much of everything- why not do a vlog of something truly worth sharing, and maybe encouraging others to step up.
If she's got a 200 pound saving GOAL. How little from her chanel is she receiving? It's love to see that one, I hope a bloody big chunk is going into savings if she's having to save £200.

They should all be getting an allowance from the Ingham Family Channel too. Not just "nest eggs" tht may never materialise.

Isabelle's reading is the same as any time any of the kids show an interest in anything, it becomes an obsession and a huge part of their personality overnight. Stuck on the worst road trip ever, she gets through a few books and then she's suddenly cast as The Bookish One, bullet journaling and unable to remove her glasses because Reader Aesthetic, innit, while her mother screeches at her to show the camera how many pages she's read.

'Rationing' her reading is a tit excuse to cover that she doesn't want to read as much as her character is meant to.
Rationing reading 🤣 ration screen time, sure. Ration time on the xbox or switch, sure. Raton the amount of time you spend with your Creepy stepdad, sure. But reading???

Reactions: 26
I have to ration my reading, but that is because I am an adult and have responsibilities, otherwise I would read all day, Get Izzy a Kindle and sign up for Kindle Unlimited ...

Reactions: 19
What is this whole thing about Isabelle doing chores to save money?
FFS the girl already 'works' for the family channel, including babysitting duties and she actually has her own channel too.
Nothing wrong with helping out around the house of course, but she doesn't need to do it for money!
I can almost guarantee Isabelle or any of the children for that matter don't have any money saved for when they turn 18.

• Sad
Reactions: 36
If I thought they were trying to teach them the value of money and to save up for something you really want I’d get it but then you’ve got creepy who spends thousands and thinks nothing of it, he wants a caravan he gets one, he wants new phones he gets them, the new too big TV, the scooters the list is endless, I’d be questioning why it’s ok for him to do it! 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I don’t believe she’s read a full book. She was supposed too read The Tattooist of Auschwitz, when she was in school and said she found it boring and has no interest in history.. Chris obviously couldn’t pronounce Auschwitz.
She never describes what she enjoyed about the books. She’s only ever go into detail about Obsidian but everything she said was on the blurb.
I love reading and even I would struggle to read 9 in this short timescale

Reactions: 10
As a historian I fully agree that it is a masterpiece! One of the few books that are historically correct
Long time lurker but as a reader I wanted to pipe up. If she read that all the way through, they could have also bought her Anne Franks Diary and the sequel to The Tattooist of Auschwitz (Cilka’s Journey, although I don’t think this one is 100% accurate). They say themselves that their kids are privileged so why not give them a book to show just how privileged they are.

Reactions: 13
I love reading too, I read around 70/80 books a year. I don’t think Izzy will run out of books, many classic titles are free on ibooks or are very cheap. Kindle has many good ones too, you don’t always need to have physical ones and if you do read a lot, physical books take up too much space. I think Izzy should obviously be rereading all her GCSE texts, you never grasp a book fully until you have read it more than once and you always notice things you may not have on the first read. I read all my A level texts 6/7 times to make sure I understood them in detail.

Reactions: 7
Poor, poor lazy... I was searching deep in my pockets for the world’s tiniest violin but..I think she deserves more than a violin at this rate, so I got something delivered from E-Baeh, took some time, it’s arrived and it’s better than the violin...it has more of a deep meaning to her very “heart-wrenching” statement...

**Please** someone send a teeney tiny violin to their office.

• Haha
Although that also means she might have to get off the sofa and do that ‘hard work’ to pack them 🙄
Lazy must be going for a record or an award for selling her wankets so quickly even the shops don't sell as quick as that so she will be well sought after from the manufacturers :poop:
Although that also means she might have to get off the sofa and do that ‘hard work’ to pack them 🙄
And he shared can’t wait to come back to Scotland soon..eh it will be a while yet...Nicola won’t let you in!
Hope Nicola won't let them in ! Scotland can manage fine without the Creepy and Lazy

Tell me about it 🥶 currently -8 here just now
you must be about the same place as me because that's the temperature her also
Maybe lazy can be her bubble and bring her amazing home cooked meals daily.
Disgrace the way the treat Nannar as Lazy only gets her something so that she will spend lots of money on the kids and her Nana should be spending on things she likes for herself or order online and get it delivered no need to go to the shops. And for Creepy going to tour Scotland with a caravan wild camping will be a bit of bother they should have bought a motorhome not a car - a - van but there again the motorhomes cost so much more than a car - a- van even although she tells us she paid whatever for it that would only be half way to a motorhome if she wanted a "brand new one" and then they could take Prinny along with them ---- no chance

Last edited:
I love reading too, I read around 70/80 books a year. I don’t think Izzy will run out of books, many classic titles are free on ibooks or are very cheap. Kindle has many good ones too, you don’t always need to have physical ones and if you do read a lot, physical books take up too much space. I think Izzy should obviously be rereading all her GCSE texts, you never grasp a book fully until you have read it more than once and you always notice things you may not have on the first read. I read all my A level texts 6/7 times to make sure I understood them in detail.
Also Goodreads is a great website and app to log all the books you’ve read, want to read and you can set yourself reading challenges. Izzy could read reviews on there to choose her next book. Rationing reading is bizarre to me when there’s millions of books in the world.

Reactions: 12
Also Goodreads is a great website and app to log all the books you’ve read, want to read and you can set yourself reading challenges. Izzy could read reviews on there to choose her next book. Rationing reading is bizarre to me when there’s millions of books in the world.
All i can think id she said it knowing lazy wouldnt buy her more. Why they didnt buy her a kindle i dont know!

Reactions: 6
All i can think id she said it knowing lazy wouldnt buy her more. Why they didnt buy her a kindle i dont know!
They didn't buy her a kindle because lazy said she prefers real books and so does Isabelle and Isabelle kind of agreed in the background. I didn't think I would like on either but it's the best thing I ever bought. I'm not convinced Isabelle has really been given the option. Plus if she got one, they'd have to get one for the other girls (who don't seem to read anyway) because they must all have the same!

What happened to Lazy's reading, one minute she kept talking about it every vlog then just nothing since! It's not that she hasn't had time, she has nothing but time and seems to be bored all the time.

Reactions: 11
Isabelle doesn’t read. It’s obvious. I’m a teacher and it’s so obvious!

1.The books she shows to the camera have no evidence of being read (they look pristine)
2. Her description of books is no more detailed than the blurb on the back
3.I truly believe her language would be so much more developed if she read the books she says she does. She speaks in a very simplistic way showing a superficial understanding of most things- whereas a child that reads as much as she claims to usually has a more developed usage of the English language.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
They didn't buy her a kindle because lazy said she prefers real books and so does Isabelle and Isabelle kind of agreed in the background. I didn't think I would like on either but it's the best thing I ever bought. I'm not convinced Isabelle has really been given the option. Plus if she got one, they'd have to get one for the other girls (who don't seem to read anyway) because they must all have the same!

What happened to Lazy's reading, one minute she kept talking about it every vlog then just nothing since! It's not that she hasn't had time, she has nothing but time and seems to be bored all the time.
Reading a book would take her Tattle reading time up 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.