Influenza: The crack down has begun #Gifted #Spon #Prison

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Influencers should ask themselves why they are being 'gifted' so many items. It's not because the brand is just being generous. There is an expectation that viewers will go out and buy what they see influencers using. Therefore it is a sales technique and therefore it is advertising.
That seems to be obvious to everyone apart from the influencers!

Reactions: 3
Influencers should ask themselves why they are being 'gifted' so many items. It's not because the brand is just being generous. There is an expectation that viewers will go out and buy what they see influencers using. Therefore it is a sales technique and therefore it is advertising.
Exactly - I don't understand why people don't get this!

Reactions: 2
Alfie such a sneaky MF

How you gonna out "AD" pushed right in the corner???

Hello ASA? I would like to report a con artist YouTuber. No..Not Zoella

Reactions: 6
How you know it's a Youtubers keyboard.... the # A D keys are worn out :D

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This blog post really summarised why the guidelines are needed

Still wondering who these shady influencers who DM'ed Emma "StOP BeINg TRanSParENt"

Reactions: 4

Still wondering who these shady influencers who DM'ed Emma "StOP BeINg TRanSParENt"

Good for her for speaking out!

• Heart

Good on this girl, she should have named and shamed

This pretty much sums up my own views on these influencers. Its a couple of years old but pretty much nails it for me

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thanks for the laugh missmash.
You couldn't make it up! Has social media created these monsters or is it just a natural habitat for such charmless idiots with a sense of entitlement ? What a prize! Just as well she's found her "dream job" because she appears unemployable.

The hotel's response to her was brilliant.?:ROFLMAO:?

• Heart
Just got this pop notification from my ASOS app inviting everyone with ASOS Premier on a first come first served basis to some ASOS X My Clarins event in London, it’s some kind of new product range launch.

I’m just wondering whether there will be a load of z-list “influencers” turning up going “oh my god, thanks ASOS for inviting us”, when even I could go if I wanted to, with my zero influencer ability. Load of z-listers pretending they were specifically invited. Or even better, they were specifically invited to mingle with the plebeian masses like me. If I lived in London I’d go in the hope of freebies, but, never mind. At least if I went I would know I need to tag my posts about it with #AD #gifted ??

I appreciate ASOS and Clarins doing something for the regular customer rather than just giving endless shite to Zoella for a change.

Kinda on the same subject

But ASOS have had enough of these "influencers" abusing their return policy

Kinda on the same subject

But ASOS have had enough of these "influencers" abusing their return policy
Doubt that will affect influencers tbh.

Even if they are returning tons, it’s free publicity for ASOS

This will be more for those tramps that buy an outfit and wear it out with the labels in and send it back. And do the same thing most weekends I’d imagine

Can anyone tell me what the procedure is for reporting a serial influenzer offender is?

Who do I contact, what settings do I need to select etc.

Thank you!

It depends. If you suspect it is an AD (so the brand has to exert some control) or an undisclosed affiliate link then take as many screen shots as you need to to evidence it (so if it’s an affiliate link show the search bar going through the affiliate routed link for example if you can) and then submit to ASA on their complaints form. Be prepared to quote the advertising rules to them as asa will take the side of the influencer and will feign knowledge of their own rules.

If you think it’s shady gifting or undisclosed freebies then you are better off going to the CMA as ASA are pretty tit unless it’s a slam dunk and they can’t wriggle out of it.

It depends. If you suspect it is an AD (so the brand has to exert some control) or an undisclosed affiliate link then take as many screen shots as you need to to evidence it (so if it’s an affiliate link show the search bar going through the affiliate routed link for example if you can) and then submit to ASA on their complaints form. Be prepared to quote the advertising rules to them as asa will take the side of the influencer and will feign knowledge of their own rules.

If you think it’s shady gifting or undisclosed freebies then you are better off going to the CMA as ASA are pretty tit unless it’s a slam dunk and they can’t wriggle out of it.
It’s abit of everything 😬