Influenza: The crack down has begun #Gifted #Spon #Prison

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, seems Gleam are trying to control the narrative of this using Lucy as their mouth piece

So Mrs Hinch under Gleam Futures doesn't care about the rules

Okurrr
Take a look through her stories and you'll see loads of these. I have made comments to her asking her to be more specific but you get deleted and blocked.
Also her grid posts are not showing what's been gifted or is an AD. That SMEG kettle and toaster in her kitchen that are always in her images just magically appeared and I bet she never paid for them.

Gleam and Mrs Hinch are all that is vile about influencers. I so want the CMA and ASA to get a grip and force these dregs to #AD etc properly or fine them.
I'm so pleased my 2 grew up before being sucked in. I feel really sad for young impressionable girls. I've heard them in boots wanting the utter tit these influencers flog and beg their poor mums for cash.
Young girls wanting botox, fake hair, fake lashes and fake tan because of the likes of Mrs fakefacehinch is nothing to aspire to. Young girls are pretty and glowing enough they don't need that stuff. Anyone trying to convince them otherwise is just plain evil. It just adds to their insecurities as they cope with growing up and will lead to a massive increase in mental health problems.
What kind of person thinks that is ok as long as they make money? A f***ing monster.

Reactions: 7
Thank you Gosswhore for screen grabbing the amr rant and all the other stuff you post! ( I'm not tech savvy enough and I really wanted the amr rant on here)

Reactions: 1
Update: In regards to one of Zoe posts where she clearly mislead her audience

Another thing I'd like to see is some sort of rules regarding people promoting diet/detox teas and those 'appetite suppressant' lollipops and gummy bear things. Like some sort of disclaimer in the bio about how you should consult your doctor before taking stuff like that or before doing any sort of diet, and its not actually a replacement for a balanced diet etc. That or I'd love to see them stop being promoted all together but I can't see that happening.

Reactions: 3
This is the second time I've reported and I'll carry on reporting her as that's the only way she's going to abide by the rules and I'd urge others to do the same...

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I heard a news report this morning that suggested/ implied / stated not sure which that Children now watch more content from You Tube than they do from conventional TV/ BBC/ITV/ Netflix etc. It went on to say that more people in type 18-25 age group were switching to such content
If that's correct its pretty clear as to why advertisers will aim products at younger people.

Interestingly my daughters school have approached the pressures on pupils via social media. So far they have also included stuff about adverts that don't present as obvious adverts.

Reactions: 2
Jeez the amount of ‘influencers’ throwing their toys out the pram on Instagram the last two days. If you were being upfront and honest then what’s the problem ??? Or is it because now we are shown exactly how much of their tit they don’t pay for ??

So does that mean the gifted hashtag is enough instead of ad now then?
No - it's a bit of a silo issue. ASA only deal with ads and as such are only concerned about the 3 points they lay out. CMA are the body regulating the wider influencer post tagging and cover gifted items, paid for items where there has been a previous paid relationship etc. They advise it should be clear for the consumer to know if something was gifted or discounted or an affiliate link for the influencer and they couldn't personally get the same deal as this may be influencing how that person is talking about the product. They feel that AD upfront and stating clearly each item (not just "some items may be gifted" which is a cop out) is the best way to do this. #spon #gifted #aff don't cut the mustard with the CMA but the ASA have a narrower remit. I think when reports to the ASA relate to things outside their area they should refer to the CMA or let the reporter know they should and how.

Reactions: 4
No - it's a bit of a silo issue. ASA only deal with ads and as such are only concerned about the 3 points they lay out. CMA are the body regulating the wider influencer post tagging and cover gifted items, paid for items where there has been a previous paid relationship etc. They advise it should be clear for the consumer to know if something was gifted or discounted or an affiliate link for the influencer and they couldn't personally get the same deal as this may be influencing how that person is talking about the product. They feel that AD upfront and stating clearly each item (not just "some items may be gifted" which is a cop out) is the best way to do this. #spon #gifted #aff don't cut the mustard with the CMA but the ASA have a narrower remit. I think when reports to the ASA relate to things outside their area they should refer to the CMA or let the reporter know they should and how.
Perfect that makes more sense. Just from that screen shot it seemed like some influenzas could get away with the gift BS still.

I think if you are trying to be open and honest about what your getting paid for/ gifted etc then you don’t have anything to worry about.

Those whinging about the ‘confusing’ changes the loudest seem to be those that are worse for not disclosing

Reactions: 7
I think if you are trying to be open and honest about what your getting paid for/ gifted etc then you don’t have anything to worry about.

Those whinging about the ‘confusing’ changes the loudest seem to be those that are worse for not disclosing
B Winging it summed it up perfectly for me this morning. Ads give a realistic representation of the influencer’s reality and what they have and haven’t bought.

Last edited:
Influencers should ask themselves why they are being 'gifted' so many items. It's not because the brand is just being generous. There is an expectation that viewers will go out and buy what they see influencers using. Therefore it is a sales technique and therefore it is advertising.

Reactions: 6