Influencers that don't declare ads properly

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've reported a few to the ASA this week and am just getting so fed up for how many blatantly disregard the rules.
So many not declaring gifts or declare hidden in hashtags at the end. Maybe we should name repeat offenders.

Reactions: 1
Fopperholic constantly does this. I have reported her several times over a ball pit 🤣 she still continues to post with no #

Reactions: 3
Stacey Solomon is like this as well. Surely they are not all so thick as to forget to properly hashtag EVERY time?

Social Media influencer seems to be one of a few ‘jobs’ where you can create your own rules and get away with it. That and President of the United States and also possibly Prime Minister.

Reactions: 4
I genuinely don’t understand why it’s such a problem to declare something an ad? Is it that they are embarrassed? It confuses me so much!

I’d be pretty chuffed if a company I like wanted to work with me. Or is it that they want us to think they’re all richer than they actually are? 🤔🤔🤔 #baffled

Do they have to put AD etc. at the beginning of the caption? Sooo many reality tv (Sam and Billie/Vicky Pattinson) always sneak it in at the end

I genuinely don’t understand why it’s such a problem to declare something an ad? Is it that they are embarrassed? It confuses me so much!

I’d be pretty chuffed if a company I like wanted to work with me. Or is it that they want us to think they’re all richer than they actually are? 🤔🤔🤔 #baffled
I wonder if they don't want to for tax reasons...

Anything that is received as a gift etc is classed as "income" and has to be declared in your taxes.

I bet in a few years when laws get even more strict, we will see many influencers being done for tax evasion.

Reactions: 2