Influencers Political affiliations?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone seen any U.K. influencers/Instagrammers come out with a political stance for the upcoming election?

The majority seem to be conveniently avoiding any discussion of it when it’s one of the most important votes of our time. I’d be interested to see if any are aligning themselves, would give me a good idea of who to follow/unfollow 😂

Reactions: 3
Has anyone seen any U.K. influencers/Instagrammers come out with a political stance for the upcoming election?

The majority seem to be conveniently avoiding any discussion of it when it’s one of the most important votes of our time. I’d be interested to see if any are aligning themselves, would give me a good idea of who to follow/unfollow 😂
haven't seen anyone really, only one springs to mind was Lucy Watson from MIC endorsing Labour a few days ago 👏

Reactions: 1
Sunbeams Jess came out for Labour at the end of her vlogmas week 1 too...not hugely surprising.

I can imagine joe sugg and the buttercream lot being Tory's... they are all in that world of flashy Chelsea wealth aren’t they ? hang around kings road and you will soon hear 25 year olds loudly complaining about inheritance tax and saying homelessness is a choice..
And they are friends with Toff, the poster girl for Conservatives under 30... and I remember jn 2017 joe hinted something about feeling pleased he was “doing his own research” and not copying everyone online which to me clearly implied Tory.
Oli White is probably too stupid tobe allowed to vote though.

Sammi Maria also replied Labour to Louise Pentland's tweet about who people were voting for

It drives me insane that all the instahuns are out in force pushing their views on people....by all means encourage people to vote, signpost them to websites that give information on all the main parties but don’t push your views on others in such dramatic fashion. I mean the world won’t end no matter what party gets in, despite what you’d like you followers to think....suppose it makes a change from them all flogging their overpriced supposedly sustainable shite or crap recipe e-guides🙄

Reactions: 5
It drives me insane that all the instahuns are out in force pushing their views on people....by all means encourage people to vote, signpost them to websites that give information on all the main parties but don’t push your views on others in such dramatic fashion. I mean the world won’t end no matter what party gets in, despite what you’d like you followers to think....suppose it makes a change from them all flogging their overpriced supposedly sustainable shite or crap recipe e-guides🙄
I wholeheartedly disagree. Making a statement and standing for what you believe in, which ever way you swing, is never, ever a bad thing.

Reactions: 17

Jackmaate is really pushing labour and even tried to get Corbyn on his podcast

I hate influencers putting their political views out. Because they are influencers. And will have a lot of people just blindly copying them

I wholeheartedly disagree. Making a statement and standing for what you believe in, which ever way you swing, is never, ever a bad thing.
Making a statement is one thing and there’s nothing wrong with that. However, only posting facts that picture a political party in a certain way and then encouraging people to vote for a party based only on what they are quoting is bordering on irresponsible. Judging by the numbers who are willing to part with their cash for the tat they normally peddle there are plenty of easily influenced people out there. I’d hate to think that someone voted a certain way because xx influencer said they should or told them that xx would happen if they voted a certain way rather than because they agree with a policies or what a party stands for. Encouraging people to have an interest in politics can only be a good thing, encourage people to vote also a good thing, using your platform for this I can get behind, talking about your political persuasion and why you feel this way by all means but some of the shite I’ve read in the last few days quite frankly wouldn’t be out of place in the Daily Mail and thats what annoys me

I am actually sick of influencers banging on about the election. I know it is important but god, sometimes there can be too much. And some aren't even researching before they post tit and sharing "fake" news. I have had to mute so many.

I am actually sick of influencers banging on about the election. I know it is important but god, sometimes there can be too much. And some aren't even researching before they post tit and sharing "fake" news. I have had to mute so many.
Yes it’s irresponsible to post questionable ‘facts’ but ultimately that is social media nowadays. They are just contributing to the huge screaming march , and I know they may have louder voices than average it’s still generally better than complacency and silence. I’ve got the 2016 referendum in mind , when politics still seemed business as usual and people like zalfie barely seemed aware it was happening. Only after the surprise result did they wake up, and pissed me off - especially if it was because they didn’t even vote and then regretted it.

haven't seen anyone really, only one springs to mind was Lucy Watson from MIC endorsing Labour a few days ago 👏
That’s enough to put me off anything. I made the mistake of watching one of her stories the other day and 1) she’s even duller than I thought and 2) what on God’s green earth has she done to her face?

And some of the posts today show exactly why Instagram shouldn’t be a political forum. Calling your followers c***s because their political affiliations differ from yours?! Keep it classy ladies 🙄

Reactions: 9
I've really had a problem with the way Elle from Feathering the Empty Nest has approached the election. I read her book after losing my own baby, and then started following her on insta after that. I felt that although she was definitely part of a 'set' that I don't aspire to, she was transparent with her ads and didn't do too many of them, spoke well about loss and did a lot of work to break down barriers in confronting babyloss in the mainstream. She also raises a lot of money for the hospital her son was cared for at, which is more than most of these instamums can say!

However recently I've been feeling off about her - she has posted a series of Christmas ads, although Christmas is a time that many bereaved families find difficult. She then went on to post about how hard Christmas can be when you are bereaved, struggling with infertility, etc. However it felt a bit disingenuous as she is just off the back of a bunch of 'Perfect Christmas' type ads...

Anyway, I finally decided to unfollow her as she has shown herself to be tone deaf over the election. First of all, she posted in her stories saying she was fed up of having people's political opinions rammed down her throat, and encouraged her followers to mute/unfollow people they don't agree with using the 'Vote' story feature:
Screenshot_20191213_153202.jpg

This encourages divisiveness and not listening to the other side. She then went on to post on another (white, middle class, privileged) instahun's page to say she'd been attacked because of her stories, and that she didn't even know who she was going to vote for 3 days ago, which isn't something to boast about! Being privileged enough to be able to ignore this election and barely put a thought to who to vote for is not a great look!
Screenshot_20191213_153116.jpg

Then she filled up her story timeline with pug memes to try and distract from the fact that she's politically unengaged and encouraging divisive attitudes at a time when she could have been mobilising her followers to use their votes. She's followed by mainly women, many of whom will fall into the 'under 30, unlikely to vote' category and she could have done some good here. She's also followed by vulnerable bereaved women like me, who are struggling with mental health issues following losing a child, and although lack of access to affordable services probably isn't an issue in her wealthy bubble, it is for many of us, and could have been a good way for her to talk about the election eg which party manifestos support mental health services.

Anyway, she's back pedalling hard today in her stories, trying to encourage kindness and respect, asking others to send love to those with different opinions even though she was encouraging unfollowing anyone with different views 24 hours ago! And no apology for throwing a hissy fit over people simply stating their political opinions online and being passionate about this election. Personally I believe we need to share our opinions even though they may differ, so that we can better understand each other. It's an incredible privilege to be in a bubble where you can 'opt out' of debate and not care much about an election, and it doesn't set a great example to her followers.

Screenshot_20191213_153048.jpg

Screenshot_20191213_153059.jpg

I've really had a problem with the way Elle from Feathering the Empty Nest has approached the election. I read her book after losing my own baby, and then started following her on insta after that. I felt that although she was definitely part of a 'set' that I don't aspire to, she was transparent with her ads and didn't do too many of them, spoke well about loss and did a lot of work to break down barriers in confronting babyloss in the mainstream. She also raises a lot of money for the hospital her son was cared for at, which is more than most of these instamums can say!

However recently I've been feeling off about her - she has posted a series of Christmas ads, although Christmas is a time that many bereaved families find difficult. She then went on to post about how hard Christmas can be when you are bereaved, struggling with infertility, etc. However it felt a bit disingenuous as she is just off the back of a bunch of 'Perfect Christmas' type ads...

Anyway, I finally decided to unfollow her as she has shown herself to be tone deaf over the election. First of all, she posted in her stories saying she was fed up of having people's political opinions rammed down her throat, and encouraged her followers to mute/unfollow people they don't agree with using the 'Vote' story feature:
View attachment 63932
This encourages divisiveness and not listening to the other side. She then went on to post on another (white, middle class, privileged) instahun's page to say she'd been attacked because of her stories, and that she didn't even know who she was going to vote for 3 days ago, which isn't something to boast about! Being privileged enough to be able to ignore this election and barely put a thought to who to vote for is not a great look!
View attachment 63933
Then she filled up her story timeline with pug memes to try and distract from the fact that she's politically unengaged and encouraging divisive attitudes at a time when she could have been mobilising her followers to use their votes. She's followed by mainly women, many of whom will fall into the 'under 30, unlikely to vote' category and she could have done some good here. She's also followed by vulnerable bereaved women like me, who are struggling with mental health issues following losing a child, and although lack of access to affordable services probably isn't an issue in her wealthy bubble, it is for many of us, and could have been a good way for her to talk about the election eg which party manifestos support mental health services.

Anyway, she's back pedalling hard today in her stories, trying to encourage kindness and respect, asking others to send love to those with different opinions even though she was encouraging unfollowing anyone with different views 24 hours ago! And no apology for throwing a hissy fit over people simply stating their political opinions online and being passionate about this election. Personally I believe we need to share our opinions even though they may differ, so that we can better understand each other. It's an incredible privilege to be in a bubble where you can 'opt out' of debate and not care much about an election, and it doesn't set a great example to her followers.

View attachment 63934
View attachment 63935
Very upsetting, and obvious from today’s stories which way she voted.

Interesting that only the Labour supporters are the ones harping on about voting labour. Anyone actually seen an influencer stand up as Tory?

Reactions: 9
Interesting that only the Labour supporters are the ones harping on about voting labour. Anyone actually seen an influencer stand up as Tory?
No! They’re obviously well aware of how selfish voting Tory is so don’t want to out themselves.

Reactions: 8
No! They’re obviously well aware of how selfish voting Tory is so don’t want to out themselves.
I’m not an influencer — but happy to “out” myself. I’ve voted in seven (I think?) general elections now and have voted Conservative in five of them.