Influencers & buying houses

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know if its just me but I feel so many are buying houses lately! Imogenation, Hazel Wood, Freya Farrington plus loads of others it seems!

How the hell are they doing it during a pandemic where loads of others can't, banks seem to only be giving 80/85% mortgages max and people can't get the extra funds together to make it up. Yet these twats can go and buy a brand new 4 bed detached house! It's just not fair as someone wanting to buy ASAP! It's not even like their jobs are all that stable, they just get paid stupid amounts for promoting crap! And that could stop at anytime!

It's so frustrating when you want to get on the property ladder but see these cretins going it so easily!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I know Freya's boyfriend already owned, as did Hazel and her boyfriend. No idea what their financial arrangements are, or how much the properties were, of course.

I empathise with your situation. The influencer lifestyle is sickening...I work hard and earn a good salary, as does my partner, but stillborn idea how these people 10 years my junior afford half the stuff they have.

Reactions: 5
I know Freya's boyfriend already owned, as did Hazel and her boyfriend. No idea what their financial arrangements are, or how much the properties were, of course.

I empathise with your situation. The influencer lifestyle is sickening...I work hard and earn a good salary, as does my partner, but stillborn idea how these people 10 years my junior afford half the stuff they have.

Yeah that’s true and both Freya and hazels partners have real jobs so while they might have saved a bigger deposit then the partners have more likely got the mortgage. Possibly not the case with hazel as she does work FT too (for now anyway) same with Emily philpot I believe her bf got the mortgage in his name but I expect she put a large amount the deposit.

It still makes me sick though! Like you say these people are younger than me too so it’s sickening! Wish this influencer tit would just end! I’ll get there and at least I can say I did it without conning people out of money as these idiots do!

Reactions: 2
Younger adults have longer to pay their mortgage back . They may have 40 plus years before retirement age.

Reactions: 1
Me and my boyfriend are wanting to buy. Wanting to put a 10% deposit down. Both in full time secure jobs. We have a mortgage that expires in December and hoping this house goes through in time. If not our mortgage advisor said we would have to reapply and the rates are shocking at the minute and would then need a 15% deposit and there’s barley any lenders. So I wonder how all of these lot are doing it so easy!! Frustrating xx

Me and my boyfriend are wanting to buy. Wanting to put a 10% deposit down. Both in full time secure jobs. We have a mortgage that expires in December and hoping this house goes through in time. If not our mortgage advisor said we would have to reapply and the rates are shocking at the minute and would then need a 15% deposit and there’s barley any lenders. So I wonder how all of these lot are doing it so easy!! Frustrating xx
Good luck, I'll keep everything crossed for you.

It's not the mortgage payments that are questionable - someone mentioned this upthread butI'm not sure how to double quote in a post - as they are often cheaper (and sometimes by a considerable amount) than rent. I know mine are. It's the deposit, on top of the brand new furniture and building work alongside the expensive cars / surgery and teeth / other misc in their mid 20s. How on earth can they afford it ALL?

Reactions: 2
Yeah that’s true and both Freya and hazels partners have real jobs so while they might have saved a bigger deposit then the partners have more likely got the mortgage. Possibly not the case with hazel as she does work FT too (for now anyway) same with Emily philpot I believe her bf got the mortgage in his name but I expect she put a large amount the deposit.

It still makes me sick though! Like you say these people are younger than me too so it’s sickening! Wish this influencer tit would just end! I’ll get there and at least I can say I did it without conning people out of money as these idiots do!
If you want an idea of how much yotubers can earn I can give an insight.

So he decided to start a YouTube channel, he did radio at uni and he’s always been interested in it and he just wanted to try it instead of wasting time playing fifa etc, he wanted to be more productive and try and earn more money, and honestly he really does work hard, but ofc he does also work full time too which is a struggle balancing everything. Whereas if he was just doing YouTube it would be a very decent and could balance things fine, and trust me, the financial gain is far beyond worth it.
Right so, sorry I rambled a bit! He has nearly 45k subs but rising pretty fast. He puts out 2 videos a week. They all do well, ofc some better than others. with views they can go from literally 13k (but that is rare that they would be that low) his most viewed video received 423k views and that video alone made him 3k. I really don’t know what the average amount of views on his channel are but I’d say around 60k per video? With 10 videos on his channel all going over 150k views. Oh and these influencers literally decide where and how many adverts go in just fyi so don’t let them fool you into believing YouTube control that 😂 He’s been doing it for 2years. You can’t monetise your yt until you have 1000 subs. His first ever money he received from YouTube was literally like £5🤣 then it was say £60 the next month £100, then a couple times it was £200, then a jump to £700 etc etc so just kept going up! But for the last five months he hasn’t earned any lower than £3,500 with a high of £5000. Now these YouTubers who have thousands more subs and so much more views they must be getting a minimum of £20k a month easily! Hope this helps! any questions more than happy to answer if I can 🤣