Influencers being shady with their AD

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anna Webb is a dog nutritionist who often appears in the media as a general 'dog expert'. She appears on BBC Radio London every Thursday on the Barking Hour segment of Jo Good's show.

It would be interesting to know if Anna Webb receives any benefit from the companies she promotes on her socials. As she thanks the company below it seems as if it should be marked with #AD. Simply putting "thanks" does not count as a declaration and is not in keeping with ASA guidelines.

HT to @Mustard for flagging this on the Jo Good threads. Both Jo Good and Anna Webb seem to think they are under radar when it comes to transparency.

20210322_162400.jpg

20210322_162418.jpg

Reactions: 1
863E2226-E2BE-4244-8D6A-282BD0FB927A.jpeg

Here she admits that she is being sponsored by this company, she’s also advertised exttt expensive looking dog beds on the 22nd December and 6 November by thanking them and on the 7 February is extolling the virtues of Photizouk. There are many more shady ads.

Regular non #AD declarer Jo Good (aka Middle Aged Minx) is at it again. On her YouTube vlog today she films a visit to a clinic for a consultation about varicose veins, which she said she paid for. While there she was given a (her words) "freebie" treatment for the pelvic floor.

Jo name-checked the clinic, and the doctor, and gave the address. Despite this she said (many times) that it was not sponsored, that she was not paid. This grabby, elderly minx ignores the fact that one does not have to be paid in cash to be considered in receipt of a benefit. She siad she is considering returning to the clinic for treatment of the varicose veins.

The ASA guidelines would require this video to be marked #AD or #Promotion, and YouTube itself requires creators to declare if each video they upload contains and ads or promotions.

20210502_142548.jpg

20210502_142448.jpg

20210502_154237.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
AGAIN.
Jo Good (aka Middle Aged Minx) is advertising an extremely pricey skincare brand on her YouTube vlog today. There is no disclosure of this in the title of the video (as required by the ASA), nor in the description box.

She says in the video that it's "not sponsored" but that means nothing. She has worked with the brand in the past, interviewed the founder on her BBC radio London afternoon show, and this week the brand sent her a gifted plant and skin care products. In her vlog she went on to name check the brand, rave about it and positively reviewed the products. She also featured it in her Insta.

20210523_111757.jpg

20210523_111826.jpg

20210523_111842.jpg

Jo Good Middle Aged Minx is shilling for LilySilk again. Hides away AD disclosure in YT description box, ASA says it should be in the video title so it can be seen by viewers before engagement.

Nor does the video show on the screen - as required by YouTube - that it contains Paid Promotion. She didn't tick the YES/NO declaration when uploading.

This brand will give a link to almost anyone with 10k plus subs. This is the online equivalent of being asked to hand out flyers at a tube station at rush hour.

This is a bargain basement "partnership". She says they "reach out" to her all year, and that they are "easy to work with" - like she is consulting on brand strategy with the CMO :ROFLMAO:

Fact is, all she did is sign up to their affiliate programme months ago and, like thousands of other YTers, she gets regular automatic emails from them with an invite for a freebie and a code.

Her presentation is slapdash and insulting. She wears their robe with a safety pin in the wrap bodice. Then takes a blouse out of the box, notes that it should be steamed but fails to do so when "modelling" it while jumping on her landlord's sofa.

20210530_103126.jpg

20210530_103142.jpg

She is often told about this in YT comments but still does it.
20210530_173726.jpg

More of her antics on her very own Tattle thread...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Someone called Thrifty Towers who believed the speil from Jo Good Middle Aged Minx about US haircare subscription scheme is challenging her about it. This person feels mis-sold. Will MAM reply to this first-hand, valid comment? This person has made other comments that their budget means they shop in charity shops and M&S, in contrast to Jo Good buying and name-checking designer clothes.

The shampoo and conditioner is sent all the way from the States, at a cost of minimum £29. Gimmick is - as well as the usual hair-type versions - you could choose the colour of the liquid, fragrance, have your name stamped on the label.

Jo Good Middle Aged Minx loves to talk about sustainability but will shill for anyone who gives her an affiliate code.

20210531_082531.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Someone called Thrifty Towers who believed the speil from Jo Good Middle Aged Minx about US haircare subscription scheme is challenging her about it. This person feels mis-sold. Will MAM reply to this first-hand, valid comment? This person has made other comments that their budget means they shop in charity shops and M&S, in contrast to Jo Good buying and name-checking designer clothes.

The shampoo and conditioner is sent all the way from the States, at a cost of minimum £29. Gimmick is - as well as the usual hair-type versions - you could choose the colour of the liquid, fragrance, have your name stamped on the label.

Jo Good Middle Aged Minx loves to talk about sustainability but will shill for anyone who gives her an affiliate code.

View attachment 597366
I‘m glad that Thrifty Towers posted that but perturbed that she was led down the proverbial in the first place by Jo Good. This deserves wider coverage.

Last edited:
I‘m glad that Thrifty Towers posted that but perturbed that she was led down the proverbial in the first ace by Jo Good. This deserves wider coverage.
Hence posting here, this shouldn't be hidden away on the Jo Good Middle Aged Minx thread. I felt sorry for Thrifty Towers at the time, she seemed thrilled to let Jo know she had subscribed to Function Of crappy. At the time I commented on Tattle that it would be no better than buying something from Boots without the air miles.

At the time Jo gave a "letme know how yo getonxx" type of rushed reply to someone who signed up, maybe it was TT? Well, Thrifty Towers has now let MAM know.

I do wonder if Thrifty Towers has found Tattle? I do hope so, if so, welcome and do join in, under another name if you prefer.

Dear Jo Good. Your mid-week vlog was an #AD. It does not matter that YOU say it's not sponsored, or that the company owner is a friend, or that it's a favour to your viewers.

Jo Good now uses the excuse that the woman is a friend but she did not declare that when she featured the same company on her BBC radio show.
20210603_061117.jpg

20210603_061401.jpg

20210603_060942.jpg

• Angry
Viewers on Jo Good aka Middle Aged Minx YouTube channel calling her out about non-disclosure of Sole Bliss #AD. Come on over to Tattle Kathleen O'Donnell !
20210603_172300.jpg

• Heart
Is it sufficient to write Press Invite after receiving a free haircut and colour and showing pictures of it on your account? I am referring to Beatrice Aiden, a journalist.

Dear Jo Good.
You are advertising therefore this Insta post should be marked as an AD.
Telling us it's #gifted is not enough to satisfy the ASA.

By all means try to supplement your pension and BBC fees but be honest. You are always goi g on about being transparent but this is shady.
20210726_164647.jpg

• Angry
Dear Jo Good.
You are advertising therefore this Insta post should be marked as an AD.
Telling us it's #gifted is not enough to satisfy the ASA.

By all means try to supplement your pension and BBC fees but be honest. You are always goi g on about being transparent but this is shady.
View attachment 680656
I had a look and there were lots of views but no comments or grateful thanks for the code!🤨

• Haha
I had a look and there were lots of views but no comments or grateful thanks for the code!🤨
There is a comment now from Spacey_2021.

Quite a few comments on her posting from Sunday too.

Noticed that MAM’s buddy Bibi Lynch has a once a week hour long programme on BBC Sussex on Monday night. I think she’s also on Soho Radio.

Last edited:
I was looking at Amanda Lamb’s account and she has a lot of gifted items she’s flogging with discount codes without any mention of them being adverts.

There is a comment now from Spacey_2021.

Quite a few comments on her posting from Sunday too.
She must've deleted Spacey_2021, drat I was too late to screenshot.

But regular BBC London caller Wayne from Buckhurst Hill has chimed in...
20210726_233638.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Zoloubooth with her barely there gifted gifs 🧐 reported her to ASA before
so shady! I also notice that she gets gifted clothes for her daughter, they’re worn once for the gram then she flogs them a few weeks later. Times must be harder than she likes to let on!

Ugh I hate this kind of thing. The only ones I can tolerate are those who put it at the end of a video within a bookmark. The worst are the ones who put it in the middle. I always skip through it or - if I'm not particularly enjoying the video - close it.