Influencers being shady with their AD

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jo Good AKA MiddleAgedMinx, has just posted a promo for a beauty brand on IG with no mention of it being an #AD, urging people to watch the full ad on the brand's Insta. If her previous form is anything to go by she'll probably do the same on her weekly YT vlog next Sunday.

On her BBC Radio London afternoon show she often mentions her YouTube channel, which is a commercial enterprise, not in keeping with BBC's guidelines.
20210210_215413.jpg

Hat tip to @dreamybutterfly for flagging this on the Jo Good thread.

Read Jo Good Middleagedminx Tattle thread here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Middle Aged Minx (Jo Good, BBC Radio London presenter) has not declared her paid promotion with Paula's Choice in her latest IG post.

She regularly mentions her socials on her radio show, how does this sit with BBC guidelines on advertising?
20210221_092558.jpg

• Angry
Yep, second time for her promoting Paula’s Choice without declaring it an ad. She’s wearing gifted pyjamas too.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
Middle Aged Minx (Jo Good, BBC Radio London presenter) has not declared her paid promotion with Paula's Choice in her latest IG post.

She regularly mentions her socials on her radio show, how does this sit with BBC guidelines on advertising?
View attachment 448269
My burning question is where this alleged glow is? Does shiny mean glowing in 2021?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Again no #AD.
As expected, Jo Good aka Middle Aged Minx mentioned Paula's Choice in her weekly vlog today, without declaring it as an #AD. She thinks it's enough to mention that this vlog is not sponsored by the brand but - as she is directing viewers to Paula's Choice ads featuring herself - surely she is advertising them. The fact she was too stupid to get paid for this extra spot is irrelevant, she will benefit with the extra views, so it is advertising. #ASA

20210221_163152.jpg

20210221_163417.jpg

20210221_163918.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's important for each example of non-transparency to be recorded, in case the influencer ever decides to delete messages in case of ASA looking in to their non #ADs. Hence another here from Jo Good (Middle Aged Minx) who has tweeted a link to the skincare brand's ad in their IG. no #AD. She also directed BBC Radio London listeners to her YouTube channel at the start of her show today.

20210222_113448.jpg

Reactions: 2
Yet again Jo Good Middle Aged Minx puts up her weekly YouTube vlog, shows freebies she got from a brand, name checks them multiple times but doesn't mention it as an #AD in the title of the vlog, nor the description.
20210228_130625.jpg

20210228_130647.jpg

20210228_130602.jpg

Dear Jo Good.You are advertising the brand by showing their products and name checking them, it's an #AD whether the brand 'sponsors' the vlog or not. Surely you as a BBC broadcaster should understand this. #ASA

After today's news on the ASA doing something (well ok just a warning but still) with the Molly Mae fraudulent giveaway, I hope more people will report these people breaking rules. It shows they do act on complaints from the public.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Sorry @Mustard I did see you mention this in another thread the other day and got sidetracked and completely forgot. Nope, not heard a thing. Fkrs 6 months!
Wow. I suggest you send it again and copy it to Tim Davies, the new DG. Also, do an FOI request re how many complaints they received in total.

Again Jo Good Middle Aged Minx has not declared an #AD (dog food) in the way required by the ASA. For YouTube, the #AD declaration should be visible to anyone before they watch the video, so should be in the title (to ensure it is seen in case the viewer is watching on a device that doesn't display the description box). Jo Good mentioning that it is sponsored low down in the description box, or saying that her dog 'has a sponsor' (once one is well into watching the video) does not comply.
20210307_165336.jpg

20210307_171511.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
On Insta Jo Good has linked to her YouTube vlog in which she is advertising dog food, neither IG post or YT marked with #AD.
20210307_204653.jpg

Can I throw LornaLuxe into the mix please ...check out her stories to see she’s a shrewd one re declaring stuff . Firstly she suggests she’s bought something then all of a sudden she’s got a discount code ...Ih and don’t get me started on her using filters whilst promoting beauty products . #cheating #fake

AND how can she constantly be dropping hints , reminders pics on stories as to when her In TheStyle collection drops .. without her adding #ad cos she is advertising it to make herself a lot of money from it ?

• Heart
Back on this handy thread to record yet another instance of Jo Good (Middle Aged Minx) not marking an Insta post with #AD. Maybe she thinks she doesn't have to, after all the brand sponsors the dog, not her. :rolleyes:
20210311_060059.jpg

• Angry