Influencers being shady with their AD

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The two that get on my tits the most are @gypsealust and @doyoutravel, they are in Indonesia though so I guess the rules are different? She is the worst, literally every story is an add for something, nothing is ever declared, I just want to pop on and tell you about this great skincare gadget I've been using (7 stories), tagging airlines when she flies and thanking them but never any disclosure about paid advertising/partnerships, gym wear, her sisters online store, nutritional supplements, her partners new clothing line, shops and cafes, take out food, her SILs PT business, weekends away, it's literally every story if it's not about her dog is advertising something without declaring it's an ad. It's so shady, drives me mad, I cant follow anymore. (rant over 🤣🤣)

Reactions: 3
I once reported thehousebuild as she posted a photo with various products and just stated ‘some items are gifted’ but she didn’t put #ad or similar and didn’t tag any of the products. I didn’t get a reply from the ASA however I did check the post a few weeks later and the caption had been changed and she had tagged the gifted products so seems like they do investigate reports.

Yel

Reposting this from another thread, can you see it?

Screenshot_20201202-164112_Instagram.jpg

In the same pink and just to the top right of the white box

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
It should be a rule that the ad or gift Ed has to be a certain font and colour and placed in a certain corner of the screen. Dresslikeamum puts hers in white in the corner. Does my head in !!

To be fair I think if you did send these into the ASA they would have a word. They need to be 'clearly' marked, it's not enough to put AD if you're hiding it. Disgusting how much they all try and get away with it, so disingenuous

Reactions: 2
To be fair I think if you did send these into the ASA they would have a word. They need to be 'clearly' marked, it's not enough to put AD if you're hiding it. Disgusting how much they all try and get away with it, so disingenuous
complaints to ASA a few times, no replies

Reactions: 1
complaints to ASA a few times, no replies
It's my understanding that they don't reply individually to people, they speak to the influencer and/or advertiser. If you go on the code and rulings bit of the ASA website it will list any companies that have received rulings and such, and how they were sorted out. Some will give details (I remember reading about the Oreo one and they did list a couple of the influencers involved). Some may be informally resolved so just says the name of the company: https://www.asa.org.uk/codes-and-rulings/rulings.html#informally-resolved

Jo Good, BBC Radio London presenter, who has a YouTube channel and Insta account called Middle Aged Minx, even though she is almost 66. A thread was set up for her by @VeeJayBee. She flogs things and says they aren’t an advert because she was sent them. She’s now been forced into lockdown due to not observing social distancing and yet she is still leaving her flat.

Jo Good, BBC Radio London presenter, who has a YouTube channel and Insta account called Middle Aged Minx, even though she is almost 66. A thread was set up for her by @VeeJayBee. She flogs things and says they aren’t an advert because she was sent them. She’s now been forced into lockdown due to not observing social distancing and yet she is still leaving her flat.
Thanks for this shout out @Mustard. I think Tattlers on this thread would find the Jo Good - I vlog my dog, the BBC, my mum and me me me thread very interesting. It's only 8 pages long with a bio, so easy to catch up. Lots of supporting screenshots too. Come on over!

• Heart
The two that get on my tits the most are @gypsealust and @doyoutravel, they are in Indonesia though so I guess the rules are different? She is the worst, literally every story is an add for something, nothing is ever declared, I just want to pop on and tell you about this great skincare gadget I've been using (7 stories), tagging airlines when she flies and thanking them but never any disclosure about paid advertising/partnerships, gym wear, her sisters online store, nutritional supplements, her partners new clothing line, shops and cafes, take out food, her SILs PT business, weekends away, it's literally every story if it's not about her dog is advertising something without declaring it's an ad. It's so shady, drives me mad, I cant follow anymore. (rant over 🤣🤣)
i was the same. I had to unfollow the pair of them. He’s incredibly feminine and actually started the first 100k of his page by just reposting other people’s stuff. Did you see the time they set upthe incident with the other person copying her photos and outfits? Turns out it was their friends and they all done it to get attention. Definition of sad

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Bumping with this badboy from Ali Gordon 🙄

Screenshot_2021-02-10-07-52-08-78.jpg

• Angry