“Influencers” and Covid-19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The down right revolting tactics of these so called “influencers” has pissed off enough people on tattle during these incredibly hard times. Not bleeping “tricky” rebecca Meldrum.

This thread was suggested by the bastards over on Mrs meldrums latest thread.

...a way to call out these snake oil sales people and hopefully get some press coverage so more people wake up to this 21st century scam that are “insta mums” / “influencers” 🤢🤢🤢🤢

Rebecca Meldrums idea of a joke?

An AD for £16/£32 tub of hand cream whilst the rest of the country is navigating feeding their family on a budget with no groceries in sight, working long shifts on the “front line”, relatives ill/ loosing their lives, being separated from loved ones and just dealing with uncertainty and anxiety that comes with the times we’re living in.

but don’t worry Rebs kids take £16 worth of hand cream each to school with them every day. That’s a family’s shopping budget for a month.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
We also have Sarah (this mama life) peddling crap for Tesco in the guise of Mother’s Day gifts..... 😡

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I don't want any influencer, grifter or their loved to become unwell with COVID. But I sure as hell would like to see this accelerate the bursting of the bubble so we can see these people for the advertisers that they are.

Two of my friends have lost their jobs today; I can suggest a few places where influencers can stick their #kindlygifted paraphernalia

• Sad
Reactions: 51
I agree. It’s vile.

we had the ever vapid Luludumas flogging white company stuff the other day, followed by the most inauthentic rambling that she had to post it due to her relationship with the brand.

Then we have the fashionablepan being gifted a massive box of free food and her tucking into it. Just vile.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I agree. It’s vile.

we had the ever vapid Luludumas flogging white company stuff the other day, followed by the most inauthentic rambling that she had to post it due to her relationship with the brand.

Then we have the fashionablepan being gifted a massive box of free food and her tucking into it. Just vile.
The Fashionable Pan should’ve been ashamed of herself for accepting that gifted food in the current climate! Just shows how grabby these idiots are 😤 I’d never buy from a company that gift insta grabbers so I feel this was a poorly thought out gesture by this company 👎🏼

Reactions: 20
Connie Simmonds. did a post on ’weight gain in a crisis’. I mean WTF. imagine telling your audience to be concerned with their weight right now.
also she keeps dishing out tit advice, one minute claiming she’s self isolating then when challenged corrected herself to say she is still going out but keeping distance. Proper scaremongering as she has no need to self isolate without symptoms.

Reactions: 14
At this very moment everyone’s main worry should be : how to pay essential bills and how to put food on the table . Save every penny you can because we don’t know how far this is going to go ...
As much as I love to buy new items for my wardrobe , new luxury make up , treat myself to online shopping - I simply can’t afford that now . Every time I see influencer posting expensive serums , brand clothing I just want to punch them in the face hard . They need a bloody reality check . We are in global effing crisis now and no one cares about your Gucci bag or Luxury skin care . Sorry , but it’s no longer relevant . Go and get a job to help community. Help elderly people do their food shopping . Do something useful for society .

Reactions: 40
I’m sick of being told they are putting out content for escapism, because that’s what they want. No one can get escapism from worrying about their health, jobs, getting food etc. It’s a bleeping stupid simplistic message, but what do we expect from these morons.

also sick of loungewear and productivity tips. duck off. unless you sit on conference calls back to back, have urgent deadlines and reports to write i don’t need your stupid tips.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I’m in a local group on Facebook and someone started a post today “has anything positive come out of this situation “ one person put yes I’m glad the real heroes of society are getting the recognition they deserve eg nhs, police , retail workers and not celebrity footballers and “influencer”
Someone else put that all these people who get into debt buying crap they don’t need and designer clothes well now all we really need is food and medicines so I bet all that unnecessary crap is just sitting in a cupboard!!
I told my husband about these comments and he was like yes you’re totally right. Without places to go and things to do no one is arsed about £500 shoes and £50 creams were all just trying to survive here!!

Reactions: 46
All.thats.pretty showing off her toilet roll and #ad Tesco's homeware 🙄.
I'm sure these ads were scheduled before the pandemic but Tesco's should have the wit to pull them because the 'influencers' certainly don't.
84F0E9DB-8C80-4999-84B6-BF533A40D837.png 0335397E-5B22-4AAC-A5A4-853B1B396DCF.png 2200E4C1-970D-4C95-B887-0FD95CC501BF.png 1BC39625-1B33-43DA-B02E-B1AD4BF1B356.png 9D63B64D-A0EC-4EBC-B7F2-E3A251B4A1FD.png 84F0E9DB-8C80-4999-84B6-BF533A40D837.png 0335397E-5B22-4AAC-A5A4-853B1B396DCF.png 2200E4C1-970D-4C95-B887-0FD95CC501BF.png 1BC39625-1B33-43DA-B02E-B1AD4BF1B356.png 9D63B64D-A0EC-4EBC-B7F2-E3A251B4A1FD.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Connie Simmonds. did a post on ’weight gain in a crisis’. I mean WTF. imagine telling your audience to be concerned with their weight right now.
also she keeps dishing out tit advice, one minute claiming she’s self isolating then when challenged corrected herself to say she is still going out but keeping distance. Proper scaremongering as she has no need to self isolate without symptoms.
As a supposed social influencer I find her quite socially stupid, so this does not surprise me.

All that's pretty is a tone deaf stupid witch
I would love to see her fall flat on her face right into a pile of her horse tit

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
You guys I’ve found the worst of the lot. And it’s not even a beauty guru, but someone who once was actually entertaining, fun for Louis and his gang of insufferable LA poser hipsters.

Seriously these are people you’ll struggle to believe are real not satire. Watch these vlogs for deep chats about “intention” ,cashew cheese and vegan take out. For quotes like “just taking my daily ice bath before jumping in the hot tub.” “I’ve just realised I’ve run out of kombucha, our first emergency” (only semi ironic)
For self quarantine except when people want to come and chill. Or when they’re ready for a hike. Nothing they’ve done so far seems all that different to what their regular life is most likely like.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
'Think we have gone a little bit overboard on the bananas"

RT4/HCLF youtuber from 2015... hold my sprite

• Haha
Reactions: 3
At this very moment everyone’s main worry should be : how to pay essential bills and how to put food on the table . Save every penny you can because we don’t know how far this is going to go ...
As much as I love to buy new items for my wardrobe , new luxury make up , treat myself to online shopping - I simply can’t afford that now . Every time I see influencer posting expensive serums , brand clothing I just want to punch them in the face hard . They need a bloody reality check . We are in global effing crisis now and no one cares about your Gucci bag or Luxury skin care . Sorry , but it’s no longer relevant . Go and get a job to help community. Help elderly people do their food shopping . Do something useful for society .
I think influencers are definitely going to fall out of favour. Like you said, most people can’t afford the stuff they’re flogging in this situation. Even if people have spare money, they’re going to be focused on the basics. No point spending money on clothes, make up, jewellery etc if you are just going to stay in!

Also hopefully their #gifted #ad holidays will dry up too as this year normal people can’t go anywhere, or don't want to risk it

Reactions: 34
Can they all duck off with their tiktok accounts please-I have just had to witness Tanya Burr doing something that is meant to constitute ‘dancing’ and I really can’t cope with much more than that

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
It’s so ironic that my feed is full of instahuns sharing platitudes for NHS staff, saying how amazing us nurses are and they cannot thank us enough.

Yet, I’m blocked By most of them for daring to suggest that they should stop their grabby, begging ads and gifted crap whilst we are in the thick of this

• Heart
Reactions: 45