“Influencers” and Covid-19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sean Pratt. Traveled back from Bali yesterday. Out doing a good shopping already. Nice to see he took self isolating seriously after traveling. His cousin had been living in his house as well so I'd have thought he had someone to maybe pick up essentials

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Most influencers never left the house/sofa before covid, so they probably don’t realise what a substantial change it is for those of us who contribute to/participate in society.

Reactions: 12
17780C36-DEBE-4629-A4B8-E396A23BE62D.png
I
haven’t posted on this thread before but I saw this and I am absolutely disgusted. It’s clear to me that some of these influencers/z list celebs just cannot and will not pull their heads out of their asses.
How about a moment of silence for those who have died you vapid insensitive idiot

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
View attachment 100610I
haven’t posted on this thread before but I saw this and I am absolutely disgusted. It’s clear to me that some of these influencers/z list celebs just cannot and will not pull their heads out of their asses.
How about a moment of silence for those who have died you vapid insensitive idiot
there’s just no words for how “off” these posts look. So what hun you can’t go to the Maldives, people are bloody dying. People are losing their jobs.
People aren’t seeing their loved ones. People are stuck at home lonely.
How does this content help anyone?? Only a narcissist would think it’s appropriate to put on a bikini for fawning comments. Disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
View attachment 99199

Why doesn’t she donate that FFS 🤦‍♀️
'Youtubers are trying to take people's mind off the virus' 😂 😂 😂
Of all the deluded arrogant self-important comments I have heard that is really up there. As if Gabbie with her pisspoor efforts at entertainment would take your mind off anything let alone a potentially lethal pandemic. duck me influencers really are the gift that keeps on giving in terms of stupidity. Thank goodness it all will come crashing down around their ears very soon. Then they'll need an actual job.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Sick of these Idiots going on about making memories in these sad times(an influenzers words, not mine)🤑, but use my code to buy the gifted tit I'm eating, wearing, sitting on, playing on. Get over your selves and just piss off into oblivion. And no I don't think your over exposed kid are cute in their free outfit.🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 11
View attachment 100610I
How is she getting the order if the delivery driver or other folk involved in getting that absolutely necessary bikini to her are #stayinginwithshein? Oh it's just a silly hashtag for an advert she could not refuse...if the company had no sense you'd hope some of these influencers would. Oh who am I kidding?!

Reactions: 15
I’m in a local group on Facebook and someone started a post today “has anything positive come out of this situation “ one person put yes I’m glad the real heroes of society are getting the recognition they deserve eg nhs, police , retail workers and not celebrity footballers and “influencer”
Someone else put that all these people who get into debt buying crap they don’t need and designer clothes well now all we really need is food and medicines so I bet all that unnecessary crap is just sitting in a cupboard!!
I told my husband about these comments and he was like yes you’re totally right. Without places to go and things to do no one is arsed about £500 shoes and £50 creams were all just trying to survive here!!
I think it will show that actually everybody has a place in society and we need every type of person to make the world function. Not everybody can be academic but we don’t need that, we need a whole range of skill sets to get us through this.

Sick of these Idiots going on about making memories in these sad times(an influenzers words, not mine)🤑, but use my code to buy the gifted tit I'm eating, wearing, sitting on, playing on. Get over your selves and just piss off into oblivion. And no I don't think your over exposed kid are cute in their free outfit.🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤯
I’m just trying to survive it!

Reactions: 2
Now they have always been vapid but since this covid-19. Has anyone felt more and more irritated by influencers and the swipe ups and how they are just trying to carry on as normal with the ads etc.

To me it screams insensitivity that they are trying to get people spending money at a time like this. Also dont even get me started on isolation and social distancing in the titles.... 😡😡😡😡

Reactions: 23
Yes! Going out for their ‘essential’ run for the day, smacked with makeup and the latest tracksuit and trainers preaching to stay in doors. Really pisses me off. Just stay at home not everything is for the Gram. I used to follow Alisha Lemay but she’s really started to piss me off since the virus has worsened so I had to unfollow her. Going for a poxy run every day isn’t essential in my eyes, and if you do need to, don’t document every second of it!

Reactions: 14
I hate how all these influencers are trying to make quaruntining look 'trendy' and 'cute'. Let's see how cute you look when you're hooked up to a ventilator, will you still be pouting your lips and doing silly peace signs with your hands then? :mad:
Been in that situation once not due to any virus or anything like that, was due to anaphylaxis accidentally ate something I was highly allergic to though can never know which wouldn't surprise me if it was some food that contained something I am highly allergic to that I was not aware of, lost the ability to breathe, blacked out (was a very shall I say surreal experience thinking I'd actually died) essentially and woke up next afternoon in IC vaguely remember the ventilator being taken out thats an ordeal in itself (very uncomfortable), but then having least two NG tubes inserted due to a life long health condition due to bowel blockages, yeah that's fun lol (sorry got a bit of a dark sense of humour at times). Being a relatively high risk person to all of this whats going on now (like I said in another thread) my dad thinks with me all the problems I have are all connected is by no means a way of proving that but yeah

just tell yourself positive stuff 400 times and you'll believe it. That's how everything will be better. She's posting trying to give advice but she's just coming across as a heartless witch.
Has to be the worst bit of advice I've ever heard rather that simply does not work at all, it's more beneficial to be taught things like thoughts are not facts or think may have heard the expression that you are not your thoughts they're just sleeting (even temporary) things, is virtually like someone trying to counsel someone who's thinking negative things, like they're saying their life's tit, then a non trained person trying to console them might say yeah it is tit, yet in reality no clinically trained person will ever say something like 'yeah it is' just well maybe could be well meant but its actually really really bad and can be downright dangerous could be why someone ends up yeah don't even want to think of it

This NHS Volunteer thing could so easily be used by many who just don't want to stay at home. As much as good samaritans are needed right now. It's been reported only a quarter of adults are strictly following the rules. It's just going to keep spreading more and more.
This is that using an app thats been developed to provide this they don't even need to move out of a property to do this at times https://www.england.nhs.uk/participation/get-involved/volunteering/nhs-volunteer-responders/

This must be how influencers feel rn smh
That has to be a joke!

Reactions: 3
Using cereal as a toy for your kid even though there are food shortages across the country. Nice one.

6F788DAE-C8BB-41D8-A85E-9EBE3B52EF2A.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
It's silly, but I don't believe there are food shortages.
ok maybe not food shortages but people are finding it harder to get what they want, online deliveries impossible to get hold of if you are self isolating etc. Queues outside supermarkets to allow for social distancing. It just looks a bit ridiculous to use food as a toy at the the best of times never mind in current circumstances.

The problem with the influencers still "selling their wares" and any other thing that earns them tuppence, is that they won't see it is wrong because they will still be buying and stockpiling. They share their own behaviours. They are validated by goods.

Reactions: 7
Right ASOS is being called out by an MP on twitter. The ASOS CEO is being a right obnoxious twit in response. Thousands of people are being made to go to work in their warehouse in South Yorkshire. Is that right in the current climate? This is becoming an ethics issue. And influencers are encouraging people to order off ASOS so what about their ethics? As they are encouraging people to shop which forces these poor people to be made to go to work.

0792C24A-7B4F-449A-A8A3-93B275D93FAC.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 12
i am remembering every influencer that has continued as normal. Every one that has pushed shopping as escapism, condemning minimum wage workers to go to warehouses with no protections. I hope the arse falls out of their squalid little industry.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21