“Influencers” and Covid-19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok, so I will admit I am an 'influencer,',albeit a smaller page and I get gifted the odd thing that I declare and refuse paid posts and will not use my platform for any kind of misleading cos I'm not an hole. I am frankly horrified by the amount of other influencers still going out for meals, coffees, getting content and basically ignoring the whole stay home memo. Moaning cos they can't do their ads and that engagement is down. Be a bleeping influencer and influence people to stay home, be practical, be normal, be a bleeping normal human being. I have been using my platform to slag off idiots still going out, to tell people to stay home and inform them about covid (my job is in a medical field so I am in a position to practically advise). I actually am so sickened by some of their behaviour. No wonder we have a bad name with all those pricks out there

Reactions: 38
Ok, so I will admit I am an 'influencer,',albeit a smaller page and I get gifted the odd thing that I declare and refuse paid posts and will not use my platform for any kind of misleading cos I'm not an hole. I am frankly horrified by the amount of other influencers still going out for meals, coffees, getting content and basically ignoring the whole stay home memo. Moaning cos they can't do their ads and that engagement is down. Be a bleeping influencer and influence people to stay home, be practical, be normal, be a bleeping normal human being. I have been using my platform to slag off idiots still going out, to tell people to stay home and inform them about covid (my job is in a medical field so I am in a position to practically advise). I actually am so sickened by some of their behaviour. No wonder we have a bad name with all those pricks out there
This is exactly what influencers should be doing right now. Even those without any medical training can recite the advice we’ve all heard in the hope their impressionable fans will listen. I don’t see that use of the platform becoming widespread unless the NHS or WHO start sponsoring their posts :rolleyes:

It’s a shame because this is their opportunity to show that they’re not just leeches and can do good for society. Imagine them talking to their grandkids about this pandemic:

“Grandma, did you use your platform to help people during the Coronavirus?”

“Well, I told them to use my Hello Fresh discount code!”

“But did you tell them to stay in, wash their hands, and practice social distancing?”

“... No”

• Haha
Reactions: 27
This is exactly what influencers should be doing right now. Even those without any medical training can recite the advice we’ve all heard in the hope their impressionable fans will listen. I don’t see that use of the platform becoming widespread unless the NHS or WHO start sponsoring their posts :rolleyes:

It’s a shame because this is their opportunity to show that they’re not just leeches and can do good for society. Imagine them talking to their grandkids about this pandemic:

“Grandma, did you use your platform to help people during the Coronavirus?”

“Well, I told them to use my Hello Fresh discount code!”

“But did you tell them to stay in, wash their hands, and practice social distancing?”

“... No”
Well that's it, because there's no gain there's no need for them to post. It is disgraceful. It's our opportunity to give something back, anything back, now to be fair a lot of them are giving tips on staying same at home etc and some good advice but others are just dicks about it. Capitalising on it even. Such a shame!

Reactions: 6
Well that's it, because there's no gain there's no need for them to post. It is disgraceful. It's our opportunity to give something back, anything back, now to be fair a lot of them are giving tips on staying same at home etc and some good advice but others are just dicks about it. Capitalising on it even. Such a shame!
The NHS obviously has bigger priorities right now but I think I remember them sponsoring some influencers to talk about smear tests? May be worthwhile doing something similar for Coronavirus (though they would have to be selective about not sponsoring hypocrites)

Saddens me that they won’t do it for free and I don’t think we should be lining the pockets of these idiots, but at this point I think we need to be trying anything that could be effective:(

Reactions: 7
The NHS obviously has bigger priorities right now but I think I remember them sponsoring some influencers to talk about smear tests? May be worthwhile doing something similar for Coronavirus (though they would have to be selective about not sponsoring hypocrites)

Saddens me that they won’t do it for free and I don’t think we should be lining the pockets of these idiots, but at this point I think we need to be trying anything that could be effective:(
Omg they actually sponsored influencers and the greedy bastards accepted it? Oh my god what is wrong with them! The greed astounds me! We all should just promote health related things just because it's right! But I sadly agree! But you'd think they would just do it

• Angry
Reactions: 14
Omg they actually sponsored influencers and the greedy bastards accepted it? Oh my god what is wrong with them! The greed astounds me! We all should just promote health related things just because it's right! But I sadly agree! But you'd think they would just do it
I think they did. I know Zoella and I think a couple other YouTubers did videos about it, not sure if they were sponsored. I remember a few people on Instagram posting about it and I swear they #ad #spon the posts? Someone please say if you remember this too!

I remember it particularly because there was a big drive to get young people to go to smear tests because of low attendance numbers. It happened soon after I had my first one done so it kinda sticks in my memory

I guess the NHS were willing to do anything as it’d save people’s health and early detection would also save money in the long run. Something must have worked because people suddenly began booking appointments and the test centres struggled with the volume and couldn’t give results in the usual timeframe

Desperate times, desperate measures!

Reactions: 4
The thing that is making me hot under the collar at the moment is influencers using vital cleaning products and medical supplies for completely pointless activities. I just came across someone recommending paracetamol to get scorch marks off an iron.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
The thing that is making me hot under the collar at the moment is influencers using vital cleaning products and medical supplies for completely pointless activities. I just came across someone recommending paracetamol to get scorch marks off an iron.
bleeping hell how brainless. Feel free to name and shame. This thread needs to be a list of arseholes to be boycotted and shamed!

Reactions: 15
Oh my head hurts so much from their idiocy

Reactions: 5
I have saw them all reposting in their stories about how they are all supporting each other due to them being self employed 😂 if i see one more swipe up for joggers i will scream!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I have saw them all reposting in their stories about how they are all supporting each other due to them being self employed 😂 if i see one more swipe up for joggers i will scream!
It's ridiculous to use it as a career, it's a bit of fun ffs and it's a trend with a very limited shelf life. If it wasn't covid it was going to be the arse falling out of influencer marketing and they would have been left high and dry then

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It's ridiculous to use it as a career, it's a bit of fun ffs and it's a trend with a very limited shelf life. If it wasn't covid it was going to be the arse falling out of influencer marketing and they would have been left high and dry then
I agree!!

Reactions: 5
A lot of stores are closing... surely that means pauses to marketing and PR budgets?
What will influencers talk about without freebies?

A lot of stores are closing... surely that means pauses to marketing and PR budgets?
What will influencers talk about without freebies?

Reactions: 8
I hope 2020 is the decline of influencers YouTubers 'content creator's' Instagramers and any other air head that thinks any of the above is a 'real job'

• Heart
Reactions: 37
20200323_234538.jpg

The SacconeJoly's did an ad for vitabiotics on their vlog and insta stories. Using clickbait that Anna was feeling unwell and had a headache (most likely botox induced and wanting to hide from the children) but with the full implication that people would think she had the corona virus. Vitabiotics aren't going to help any of you there. And you can't cure stupid.

And of course not clearly marked as an ad.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
When this all ends there will be a duck tonne of ads as the stores try to get people back in and buying again. It’ll all be alright for the influencers 🙄

Reactions: 7
It’s so ironic that my feed is full of instahuns sharing platitudes for NHS staff, saying how amazing us nurses are and they cannot thank us enough.

Yet, I’m blocked By most of them for daring to suggest that they should stop their grabby, begging ads and gifted crap whilst we are in the thick of this
21E7985D-D123-4F3E-803A-0672FE98E21F.png

Abbie Blyth earlier bragging about gifted food 😡
Why doesn’t she donate that FFS 🤦‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Reactions: 8
Geniunely baffled by influencers response to the situation and the social distancing restrictions🤦‍♀️ I get that a lot of them aren't the brightest but you'd have thought with such a large audience either management or someone close to them would let them know what a harmful message they're portraying by completely flouting the rules publicly on social media😠 Misha Grimes for example 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 14