Impulsive Spending Anonymous

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought I would create a thread for others, who like me, are impulsive spenders. I do so well saving and then BAM I go overboard buying all sorts of things I don't need. My biggest downfall is buying gym/sports clothes from ASOS. Being active is a big part of my life so my brain for reason seems to think I need every gym outfit that I like the look of. It's so embarassing, obviously my partner knows as we share a bedroom but i'm too scared to tell anyone else I know in real life.

Reactions: 3
I was very guilty for doing this but also spending big amounts on shein or boohoo or anywhere that accepted clearpay and putting it on clearpay and orders like £200 plus at a time worst one was about 500 then getting crap I don't need at b&m etc just because it was there to buy and then being in debt with the priority bills like electricity,water etc I'm autistic and have been diagnosed with bpd due to a traumatic childhood and a abusive relationship so I just put it down to having no concept of money because of my issues and after spending some time in care in my teens so until last year had a social worker and I just said my bills aren't being paid I'm spending excessive money on clothes make up skincare hair things beauty subscriptions etc and then going out on benders too and I'm getting deeper and deeper I don't see a way out I now have a power of attorney because its clear I can't manage money I see things now and it's better because I can go home think if I really want it think about it for a few days then ask if I can have it more likely than not I forget bout it tho

Just adding when my gran was alive she was very good with money and helped me keep on track as i lived with her for a bit and i asked her to keep my cards when she died 5 years ago I just went ballistic with it in the 2 years I've had a family member managing its a lot better I do sometimes miss the impulsiveness but don't miss the feeling of feeling like absolute shite for doing it I now no longer drink or do drugs either which is a massive way of saving the pennies

I was very guilty for doing this but also spending big amounts on shein or boohoo or anywhere that accepted clearpay and putting it on clearpay and orders like £200 plus at a time worst one was about 500 then getting crap I don't need at b&m etc just because it was there to buy and then being in debt with the priority bills like electricity,water etc I'm autistic and have been diagnosed with bpd due to a traumatic childhood and a abusive relationship so I just put it down to having no concept of money because of my issues and after spending some time in care in my teens so until last year had a social worker and I just said my bills aren't being paid I'm spending excessive money on clothes make up skincare hair things beauty subscriptions etc and then going out on benders too and I'm getting deeper and deeper I don't see a way out I now have a power of attorney because its clear I can't manage money I see things now and it's better because I can go home think if I really want it think about it for a few days then ask if I can have it more likely than not I forget bout it tho

Just adding when my gran was alive she was very good with money and helped me keep on track as i lived with her for a bit and i asked her to keep my cards when she died 5 years ago I just went ballistic with it in the 2 years I've had a family member managing its a lot better I do sometimes miss the impulsiveness but don't miss the feeling of feeling like absolute shite for doing it I now no longer drink or do drugs either which is a massive way of saving the pennies
I also have BPD/EUPD and possible autistic traits. Something I struggle with is that when I find something that I like, e.g. gym clothes, in the past it has been fidget toys and even different brands of chocolate bars, I buy it in excess and feel out of control. Very impulsive. I ended up in a lot of debt last year due to the 'pay over 3 months' function on Paypal. Luckily that debt is all sorted now.