I'm not feeling too well today

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Get well soon.

I have a really bad back. The dr didn't know what it was, but neither did she test for anything, just prescribed pills ofc which I don't take as only pain.

I've been to a sports massage person and while they helped unknot my muscles that had cramped up due to the other pain, nothing doing.

Am considering biting the bullet and going to see a chiropractor or osteopath, not sure what to do or who to see, it's all a bit of a mindfield :unsure:

But yeah it's been going on for ages now, and is definitely worse than a year ago. Prob why I'm so snarky at the people on youtube who complain endlessly about gaining a bit of fat when in all honesty that would not be an issue for me at all lol Gimme the fat, just take away the chronic back pain :(

Reactions: 1
My neighbour had a massive display, it cheered me right up as I spied from my garden lol

Inside the house it sounds bad though. like a war zone.

Get well soon.

I have a really bad back. The dr didn't know what it was, but neither did she test for anything, just prescribed pills ofc which I don't take as only pain.

I've been to a sports massage person and while they helped unknot my muscles that had cramped up due to the other pain, nothing doing.

Am considering biting the bullet and going to see a chiropractor or osteopath, not sure what to do or who to see, it's all a bit of a mindfield :unsure:

But yeah it's been going on for ages now, and is definitely worse than a year ago. Prob why I'm so snarky at the people on youtube who complain endlessly about gaining a bit of fat when in all honesty that would not be an issue for me at all lol Gimme the fat, just take away the chronic back pain :(
Girl, I feel your pain!! I've had a back back for ages, but it got way worse a few years ago back when I lived in London. I was working in a club and I tried lifting a girl who had passed out on the sidewalk. A good deed that unfortunately gave me a lot of pain ever since. [emoji24][emoji24]
I did go to a chiropractor and it helped a lot, so I'd highly recommend it! I was very apprehensive, but he was incredible and I quickly changed my mind!
Honestly, if I were you I'd try! But perhaps see if anyone you know knows one? If not, do as I did and Google chiropractor in your area. That's how I found mine as there were lots of great testemonials of his patients! [emoji2][emoji2]

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk

Last edited:
Girl, I feel your pain!! I've had a back back for ages, but it got way worse a few years ago back when I lived in London. I was working in a club and I tried lifting a girl who had passed out on the sidewalk. A good deed that unfortunately gave me a lot of pain ever since. [emoji24][emoji24]
I did go to a chiropractor and it helped a lot, so I'd highly recommend it! I was very apprehensive, but he was incredible and I quickly changed my mind!
Honestly, if I were you I'd try! But perhaps see if anyone you know knows one? If not, do as I did and Google chiropractor in your area. That's how I found mine as there were lots of great testemonials of his patients! [emoji2][emoji2]

Oh thank you, that gives me a lot of hope. Someone told me a chiropractor is all 'clicking bones' and to avoid it at all costs, so I've been anxious to even try. This is wonderful advice, I will google as I've already asked around to no avail. I didn't realize there would be testamonials, that's wonderful!

Thanks so much, I hope your back is so much better. I'm sad how you got yours, you were doing a good deed :( Wishing you all the best of everything, you deserve it xx

Yeah back pain is the worst, I used to be able to sit comfy in this chair but the last couple of weeks even that isn't comfortable, and pain killers don't touch it. This is great I will search asap :cool:(y)

Oh thank you, that gives me a lot of hope. Someone told me a chiropractor is all 'clicking bones' and to avoid it at all costs, so I've been anxious to even try. This is wonderful advice, I will google as I've already asked around to no avail. I didn't realize there would be testamonials, that's wonderful!

Thanks so much, I hope your back is so much better. I'm sad how you got yours, you were doing a good deed :( Wishing you all the best of everything, you deserve it xx

Yeah back pain is the worst, I used to be able to sit comfy in this chair but the last couple of weeks even that isn't comfortable, and pain killers don't touch it. This is great I will search asap :cool:(y)
Thank you for your kind words, it's so nice of you! [emoji4]
I hope you'll feel better too and please don't lose hope! I know how draining it can be to be constantly in pain while having to do daily life tasks that so many people take for granted! When I hurt my back back then, taking a shower, getting dressed, cooking, etc were such a struggle, on top of obviously working during the day and some freezing cold nights outside clubs, which really took a toll on me.
May I ask if your pain is in your upper or lower back? Mine was lower and it helped me to sit on my bed with lots of pillows, which gave lots of support and it did help a bit!
This forum helped me to choose who to go to, Dr. Matthew! http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/104967 I was super worried about the sessions as I had heard the same as you regarding chiropractors, but even though it is a bit painful afterwards, I did feel huge pain relief the following days!

we never missed what's not aching until it aches... :confused: even a small finger issue can start giving so much problems and what sticking out like a sore thumb feels like! o_O

Thank you for your kind words, it's so nice of you! [emoji4]
I hope you'll feel better too and please don't lose hope! I know how draining it can be to be constantly in pain while having to do daily life tasks that so many people take for granted! When I hurt my back back then, taking a shower, getting dressed, cooking, etc were such a struggle, on top of obviously working during the day and some freezing cold nights outside clubs, which really took a toll on me.
May I ask if your pain is in your upper or lower back? Mine was lower and it helped me to sit on my bed with lots of pillows, which gave lots of support and it did help a bit!
This forum helped me to choose who to go to, Dr. Matthew! http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/104967 I was super worried about the sessions as I had heard the same as you regarding chiropractors, but even though it is a bit painful afterwards, I did feel huge pain relief the following days!

Thanks so much, it does get me down quite a lot. People don't understand at all. ohmygosh yes, daily tasks are difficult. I can wake up and it feels ok (I think I am just used to the mild pain first thing) and then I do a small thing like bend over the sink to brush my teeth and off it goes. Anything sets it off. It's worse if I try to carry something, even if it's only a bag of sugar weight. I went blackberry picking and my back freaked out every time I got about a lb in the tub! I still managed to pick and clean and freeze about 6lb, I try not to let it beat me.

It's started off at the top by my shoulders, then it would go away and come back, now it is permanent but it also hurts lower back too now. I've had testing on my vits, mins etc and they could not find anything, I tried that after the sports massage lady couldn't find anything, and she is really fabulous. It's all such a mystery, I didn't do anything to it like lift.

I sit in my bed now with 4 pillows, and it helps a little, if I keep wiggling around into different positions. thank you for that advice tho, it took me a while to figure it out. Sorry i didn't reply sooner i lost this thread and couldn't find it anywhere.

Thank you so much for the forum, you're so kind and helpful :' ) I really appreciate it!

I googled and found two chiropractors I like the look of due to the reviews, one is in my town and one about an hour away. They both have lots of testimonials and give me hope. I'm still dithering, the one in my my town his online messaging form failed, and then he kinda upset me when I saw he had quoted some famous back person or someone who said once a bad back is over 6 months old, it is almost impossible to fix :oops: but i'm just soothing myself that they just put that there in order to make us visit quicker so they get the custom lol My friend did say his back got fixed after being in a lot of pain so hopeful at least.

I was at such a loss and now you've really helped me and I'm taking steps towards it so thank you xx I don't have family support so this means a lot :) That's ok I will expect it to hurt after as my sports massage always does, but thank you for the warning, I will be prepared :) I'm so glad you got relief after it I really am xx

@boredjess So true, I dream of a time past when i was not in pain, and I think what did I used to do?! I wish I did more and was more adventurous when I was pain free! lol

Reactions: 3
Thanks so much, it does get me down quite a lot. People don't understand at all. ohmygosh yes, daily tasks are difficult. I can wake up and it feels ok (I think I am just used to the mild pain first thing) and then I do a small thing like bend over the sink to brush my teeth and off it goes. Anything sets it off. It's worse if I try to carry something, even if it's only a bag of sugar weight. I went blackberry picking and my back freaked out every time I got about a lb in the tub! I still managed to pick and clean and freeze about 6lb, I try not to let it beat me.

It's started off at the top by my shoulders, then it would go away and come back, now it is permanent but it also hurts lower back too now. I've had testing on my vits, mins etc and they could not find anything, I tried that after the sports massage lady couldn't find anything, and she is really fabulous. It's all such a mystery, I didn't do anything to it like lift.

I sit in my bed now with 4 pillows, and it helps a little, if I keep wiggling around into different positions. thank you for that advice tho, it took me a while to figure it out. Sorry i didn't reply sooner i lost this thread and couldn't find it anywhere.

Thank you so much for the forum, you're so kind and helpful :' ) I really appreciate it!

I googled and found two chiropractors I like the look of due to the reviews, one is in my town and one about an hour away. They both have lots of testimonials and give me hope. I'm still dithering, the one in my my town his online messaging form failed, and then he kinda upset me when I saw he had quoted some famous back person or someone who said once a bad back is over 6 months old, it is almost impossible to fix :oops: but i'm just soothing myself that they just put that there in order to make us visit quicker so they get the custom lol My friend did say his back got fixed after being in a lot of pain so hopeful at least.

I was at such a loss and now you've really helped me and I'm taking steps towards it so thank you xx I don't have family support so this means a lot :) That's ok I will expect it to hurt after as my sports massage always does, but thank you for the warning, I will be prepared :) I'm so glad you got relief after it I really am xx

@boredjess So true, I dream of a time past when i was not in pain, and I think what did I used to do?! I wish I did more and was more adventurous when I was pain free! lol
Honestly, you don't have to thank me! I think only people who suffer from bad back, know how difficult it can be. I remember I'd explain to my boss and friends how I was feeling and they were all thinking I was making it up. So frustrating...

You can count on my support! #badbackbuddies [emoji23][emoji23]

I'm afraid I've managed to further f*** up my back since my last post. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] I think this one is actually worse as it also gets to my left leg and every step I take is painful. Reading this, I totally sound like a 90 year old, but I'm not, I'm in my early 30s!

I'm so glad you're taking baby steps towards feeling some pain relief so you can do daily tasks and those things you don't remember doing before being in pain! That's nuts about 6 months and doesn't make any sense! So many people treat old injuries, of course it's possible!

I meal prep as that's the only way I can eat healthy or else I'll make all the wrong choices. Making a soup, loaded cauli rice and cookies and I'm like dead. Then I think to myself, how would I cope if I haf kids? I honestly don't know.

Sending lots of positive vibes your way! Stay strong and also feel free to message me!

@KawaiiAF I hope the Chiropractor can do some wonders for you! People who don't have any aches will never understand how affected a never ending sore spot can feel, obviously yours is more serious! Maybe that Chiropractor just retweet images mindlessly, as do many people do. Also difference cases for everyone, I don't think there's a black&white time-frame on any ailment, is there!

@Meg1912 I had a co-worker who hurt her back in her 30s, and her bosses don't believe her too. I guess people like to apply their own sights as judegments? Invisible illnesses are still not a real thing to many people, unfortunately.

As for me, I really do have a sore thumb that doesn't get better since I have a desk bond job.

Reactions: 2
Can relate to bad back issues too - just had a great sports massage last night but am feeling very bruised and battered today!

Having a difficult time with depression at the moment and coming off medication which feels horrendous; panicking that I'm so intolerant and angry that everyone I love is going to leave me. Bad times. Coping this evening by eating cereal and watching crap films.

Thanks for setting up this thread.x

boredjess, yes, you're right. Unfortunately many people don't believe invisible illnesses. I was very frustrated at the time as I got hurt during work and I had actually asked for the bouncer to help me lift the girl, he ignored me, so I did it with her friend. Bad move. I asked my boss if insurance would cover chiropractic treatments and he brushed it off. Needless to say, I quit a while after.
Have you looked into your sore thumb? Perhaps there's something that could give you some pain relief, treatment, medicine?!

NitrousOxide, oh no, I feel so bad for you!! Did you injure your back doing something?! Have you tried something else apart from sports massage? I've also heard Acupuncture can be extremely helpful to treat back injuries. Someone I know could barely walk with sciatica and he's now as good as new after 3 treatments!
Sending a huge virtual hug your way, coming off medication during such a tough time takes a lot of courage and you should be proud! Take one day at a time and baby steps. Try not to be too harsh on yourself or on your loved ones! I'm here if you ever need to talk, please feel free!

boredjess, yes, you're right. Unfortunately many people don't believe invisible illnesses. I was very frustrated at the time as I got hurt during work and I had actually asked for the bouncer to help me lift the girl, he ignored me, so I did it with her friend. Bad move. I asked my boss if insurance would cover chiropractic treatments and he brushed it off. Needless to say, I quit a while after.
Have you looked into your sore thumb? Perhaps there's something that could give you some pain relief, treatment, medicine?!

NitrousOxide, oh no, I feel so bad for you!! Did you injure your back doing something?! Have you tried something else apart from sports massage? I've also heard Acupuncture can be extremely helpful to treat back injuries. Someone I know could barely walk with sciatica and he's now as good as new after 3 treatments!
Sending a huge virtual hug your way, coming off medication during such a tough time takes a lot of courage and you should be proud! Take one day at a time and baby steps. Try not to be too harsh on yourself or on your loved ones! I'm here if you ever need to talk, please feel free!

Just wanted to say thanks so much for being so kind! X

Best wishes to all those suffering. I'm currently an outpatient at the hospital every day with a severe eye infection. Not nice at all. I feel like Zoella with the sniffles. :eek:

I’m on my 3rd day in hospital (which is one of my fears) I had my appendix out yesterday and currently in a lot of pain. Really hope to get home today but not sure I will?. Sorry just want somewhere to complain, as I’m very grateful for all the staff helping me and my parents spending every hour they’re allowed to with me. My thoughts go out to everyone that have it much worse off than me as I’m just being a wimp.

I’m on my 3rd day in hospital (which is one of my fears) I had my appendix out yesterday and currently in a lot of pain. Really hope to get home today but not sure I will?. Sorry just want somewhere to complain, as I’m very grateful for all the staff helping me and my parents spending every hour they’re allowed to with me. My thoughts go out to everyone that have it much worse off than me as I’m just being a wimp.
Oh no, sorry to hear about that. Definitely not being a wimp, burst appendix is so painful! Really hope you get out and feel better soon. xxx

God love you. You’re not being a wimp at all. You’ve just had surgery and spent Christmas in hospital! I take my hat off to all nhs staff but hospitals are such depressing places.

I hope you got home today and can recover quickly in your own space x