I'm being bullied at work

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wouldn't it be great if someone could call him out on that or acknowledge you.
It would, but unfortunately the rest of the group are bullying me as well. Horrible people. There are 2 that don't say anything, but in my opinion, they are as guilty.

Reactions: 1
So, i Just want to give an update. I finished my job 4 months ago. I had an exit interview, and told HR about the bullying, and I had gone to my manager and he didn't want to know. Big mistake. I have been applying for jobs, and am not having any luck. I was supposed to have a second interview this week and it was cancelled. I was contacted about several jobs, and didn't get called for an interview. I have a feeling that my ex boss or colleagues are bad mouthing me. I am devastated. I am considering contacting a solicitor about it. I am broke and bored, and feel like I will never get another job because of the bullies.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
So, i Just want to give an update. I finished my job 4 months ago. I had an exit interview, and told HR about the bullying, and I had gone to my manager and he didn't want to know. Big mistake. I have been applying for jobs, and am not having any luck. I was supposed to have a second interview this week and it was cancelled. I was contacted about several jobs, and didn't get called for an interview. I have a feeling that my ex boss or colleagues are bad mouthing me. I am devastated. I am considering contacting a solicitor about it. I am broke and bored, and feel like I will never get another job because of the bullies.
Do you live in a very small area (the type of town where everyone knows everyone?)

If you do, and you do believe your ex-boss/colleagues are bad mouthing you apply for Jobs in a different area but still commutable.

I very much doubt every single place you’ve applied for will have heard “bad things” about you. Please try not to worry. As this will bring your confidence down even more, which will result in a negative mindset and hence negative outlooks on Jobs/interviews.

Try and turn this negativity into positivity and productivity. Be positive you are out of a toxic environment. You can start afresh in a new role and career.

Job searching is awful. But it requires hours and hours of research and effort. I promise something will come up for you. Keep persevering.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I was bullied by a couple of people at work. I'm quite a sensitive sod, and i kept taking it to heart. Until one day.

One day, one of these women call me, and demand i sort something that her department has made an utter duck up of. I say no. She starts trying to bully me. At this time, my uncle is very ill, I was trying to help a colleague whom had dementia, and I had the start up of a migraine. So, I was not in a good mood, and I shouted back at her, that I did not have time to do her job as well as mine.

There was a pause.

I think she went into shock. She never bothered me again. A few months later she got made redundant, because she was arrogrant/stupid enough to tell the new director that she wasn't learning how to used spreadsheets or mail merge because she had been managing perfectly well for 30 years without.

The other one had to come and virtually plead to me to sort her activities for her as she couldn't do it, despite having told everyone I was crap at my job. Her site was being closed, and she knew she was going to be made redundant, and she had no life outside her job, and agreed to take on a lower paid job in order to stay. Pathetic really.

Reactions: 2
Are they giving you bad references? If so, they will have to prove that, and they could be done legally.

Reactions: 1
Document everything.

Speak to your direct manager, then HR and then the union (if you are in one) - in that order to make sure you follow procedure.

Meantime, start looking for a new job and try to focus one day at a time on a positive thing about your life, otherwise you will go mad!