Idina Menzel

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else adore her? I've never seen anything problematic from her, she is BEAUTIFUL with an incredible voice, and was my favorite character in my favorite ever musical, Wicked. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post about her but this is my first thread creation!

Reactions: 4
I don’t have any feelings either way about her as a person as I don’t know much about her. However, I think she should never have been cast as Elsa in the Frozen movies, her voice is just way too mature and it doesn’t suit the character at all.

Her voice is impressive on the surface and served her well in her heyday but she has plenty of really poor technique and has done herself some damage. If you listen to her singing live, a lot of the time she’s just yelling. Her Times Square performance of Let It Go was a particular lowlight.

There are plenty of other performers I personally would rather see/hear who offer more nuance in the way they use their voice.

Reactions: 6
Her voice is impressive on the surface and served her well in her heyday but she has plenty of really poor technique and has done herself some damage. If you listen to her singing live, a lot of the time she’s just yelling. Her Times Square performance of Let It Go was a particular lowlight.

There are plenty of other performers I personally would rather see/hear who offer more nuance in the way they use their voice.
I was actually just listening to the Oscars performance of Into the Unknown about 10 mins ago! She is lovely but her voice makes me uncomfortable and it sounds un-smooth for my taste, I've heard more crystal like voices doing covers on Youtube.

Reactions: 3

Totally agree with the yelling - I watched a few of her live performances and couldn’t understand the hype, she sounded absolutely terrible.

(I can never read her name without having John Travolta in my head going “the WICK-ED-LY talented Adele Denzeem” 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Totally agree with the yelling - I watched a few of her live performances and couldn’t understand the hype, she sounded absolutely terrible.

(I can never read her name without having John Travolta in my head going “Adele Denzeem 🤣)
Ha she's actually known as that in our house

• Haha
Reactions: 2

(I can never read her name without having John Travolta in my head going “the WICK-ED-LY talented Adele Denzeem” 🤣)
Same :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Does anyone else adore her? I've never seen anything problematic from her, she is BEAUTIFUL with an incredible voice, and was my favorite character in my favorite ever musical, Wicked. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post about her but this is my first thread creation!

You're not alone, I adore her and have loved everything she's done from RENT, Wicked, If/Then and Frozen and would love to meet her in the future as she an icon and an inspiration

• Heart
I’ve actually seen her perform live in person, she was incredible! It was post-frozen, and there were obviously lots of small girls there and she was delightful with them. She had as many as possible come down to the front when she sang Let it Go and genuinely tried to give every one of them some attention. She was also very sweet and self-deprecating when chatting between performances.
I think she’s delightful, based on that alone.

Reactions: 3
Just watched her Live performance of into the unknown and it wasnt good, she was offbeat. Could be though that the music was different live and they put a track over it?

I just remember her duet with Michael Buble (who I really dislike) singing Baby its cold outside and she didnt know the words. It was tragic and uncomfortable. I can't stand her voice but don't have an opinion on her as a person.

I’ve been a fan since I saw her open Wicked in London, met her a few times over the years, she is talented and lovely.

I've seen her live in Wicked and this very short-lived show she was in called If/Then and while she seems very sweet and has a naturally angelic voice, I agree with the user that said she doesn't seem to use her voice properly and it's become very damaged/unstable throughout the years. She also forgot her lines in If/Then lol, and it was so bad they restarted that scene.

I am so jealous you got to meet her. I saw in Wicked and it was the amazing.
She's much better in recordings than live, because her voice is unstable live. Sometimes it's amazing and sounds exactly like the recording, and at other times, you can tell she's straining her voice like crazy and can't hit the high notes.