Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve given up with her. She’s just too dull! I skip past her insta stories and can never finish her vlogs

Reactions: 5
Dunno what it is, I just have such an issue with her BF, thinks he’s a bit creepy and was wearing a head band the other day 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’ve loved Alix for years and previously really loved her content. I often still put her videos on in the background when I’m doing something (albeit I tend to go for the videos from around 2+ years ago). But I’m so close to unsubscribing it’s actually really sad! She’s not had a regular uploading schedule for years now & the videos she does put up are so dull & just lacklustre. Even her instagram is boring. In her latest story she looks so dead behind the eyes & sad in the face. The two photos below are only 18 months apart and the difference is shocking. She looks so stylish & fresh on the pic on the left 😞
6C5FE031-843F-41C7-A838-22623AB3C2EC.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I have such a soft spot for Alix. My heart broke for her losing her mum and her boyfriend so close together. I wish she did more home stuff. She’s actually quite handy and her little projects are good.

Reactions: 6
I’m sure this is a part time deal for her now. She must have another job 9-5. Posting like she does won’t generate the income for rent on her London flat!

I have such a soft spot for Alix. My heart broke for her losing her mum and her boyfriend so close together. I wish she did more home stuff. She’s actually quite handy and her little projects are good.
completely agree, she’s amazed me with some of the projects she’s done at home! Also love when she talks about books (but then she always follows up by saying she doesn’t read much so it feels a bit redundant talking about the books she’s bought!)

I can’t remember when but she said in one video a while back (think it was a Q&A) that people say they miss the “old her” but she says it’s just because she’s grown up. But there is SUCH a difference between her now & her only 18 months ago that age can’t really be an excuse, can it? (Or am I being unfair cause I’m frustrated that my fave YouTuber seems to have given up 😂). Since moving to London she’s gone so far down the beige rabbit hole & locked herself inside (even Pre-lockdown) that she’s just not interesting or relatable anymore 😞

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m sure this is a part time deal for her now. She must have another job 9-5. Posting like she does won’t generate the income for rent on her London flat!
I didn’t realise she was renting, didn’t she own a property in Southampton? I hope she didn’t sell that and use the proceeds to pay her rent now..

Reactions: 1
When is she going to realise this kind of shape dress does not work for her body?
When its not fashionable to wear that type of dress.

That style is the ‘in’ style now and everyone thinks they can pull it off.

Imo unless you are tall and skinny you can’t pull it off.

She has a lovely shapely figure and needs to dress for that and not fashion.

Reactions: 2
I didn’t realise she was renting, didn’t she own a property in Southampton? I hope she didn’t sell that and use the proceeds to pay her rent now..
I was under the impression that they brought the London apartment, it came across that way under the moving vlog. They spent quite a bit on paint, the wardrobe, etc so I was shocked that it was rented. Spending that much money is ridiculous, especially is it is her inheritance and or money from selling her previous property. I would have instead invested in another property and made a contract between myself and my (imaginary, I am single, lol) boyfriend so that I don't lose anything if the relationship goes south.

They did not date that long before moving, hope she's not "living" on the money she got from the sale, it would be a huge loss for her to use up her money on a rented place. Hope that you guys are right and that she has another job.

Reactions: 4
I was under the impression that they brought the London apartment, it came across that way under the moving vlog. They spent quite a bit on paint, the wardrobe, etc so I was shocked that it was rented. Spending that much money is ridiculous, especially is it is her inheritance and or money from selling her previous property. I would have instead invested in another property and made a contract between myself and my (imaginary, I am single, lol) boyfriend so that I don't lose anything if the relationship goes south.

They did not date that long before moving, hope she's not "living" on the money she got from the sale, it would be a huge loss for her to use up her money on a rented place. Hope that you guys are right and that she has another job.
Yeah same! I’ve lived in a lot of rental properties in London and was never allowed to even paint, so I had assumed they’d bought. Or that she had bought and he was living there or something.

Her newest vlog and the haul! Just why! Why is she buying these shapeless dresses? Even the size 4 girls can just about pull off being dressed as a ballon. It does nothing for her figure and only makes her look much larger than she is.

Reactions: 3
She’s constantly fussing with her hair & clothes, looking uncomfortable & awkward. Brittany Bathgate can pull off the over-sized & puffy look because she is tiny. Women with more curves just look cumbersome & drab.

Reactions: 5
Why does she keep wearing these tent dresses? They don’t suit her. I used to think her style, though samey, was quite good. But these dresses have to go

Ughhhh I have my eye on a trapeze sort of dress made of deadstock fabric by a woman down in South Africa. I’m like a US 16/18 and the photos of the dress on plus ladies makes me want it even more!

28176B7D-4257-48FF-AFE6-752FF46BB19B.png

I know it’s controversial, but I don’t think these dresses necessarily look bad on her, I just think that if you’re not tall and skinny, fast fashion (from anywhere) just doesn’t fit properly. Tall skinny gals can get away with it because they can size up and then the look is “it fits, but oversized”, but when you’re already at the top of the size chart and the piece is oversized, but not oversized enough like it would be on someone smaller, then it’s harder to pull off. That’s why brands can’t just make plus sizes and do it well. The patterns are graded differently for larger bodies. I don’t know. As I get older I just want to wear things that make me feel comfortable and that are made well and responsibly.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.