Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she's definitely trying to imitate Brittany Bathgate in a lot of ways. Her instagram content, her home and her fashion choices. The difference is, Brittany is quite talented and also tiny, so can just about pull off those huge oversized looks. Alix just looks pathetic and it's painfully obvious that she's trying to be something she's not. I wonder what her boyfriend thought when she came out wearing that on her birthday - mine wouldn't stop laughing :ROFLMAO:

Example -
1593417215182.png

Reactions: 4

yup. when i was bigger than i am now, my mama always used to tell me not to wear these type of dresses because they just make you look huge (esp with big boobs!)

not everyone can be that model type that these dresses look good on. it just looks bad.

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 8.08.38 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yeah, I love a big float-y dress in the summer but the more structured fabric dresses like the one Alix is wearing aren't great because they dont allow any of your shape to show through.

Very 'Anne of Cleaves'
I'm no fashion expert but I think that look went out in the 16th century 🤦

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think she's definitely trying to imitate Brittany Bathgate in a lot of ways. Her instagram content, her home and her fashion choices. The difference is, Brittany is quite talented and also tiny, so can just about pull off those huge oversized looks. Alix just looks pathetic and it's painfully obvious that she's trying to be something she's not. I wonder what her boyfriend thought when she came out wearing that on her birthday - mine wouldn't stop laughing :ROFLMAO:

Example -
View attachment 166616
Yes she aspires to the aesthetic of others like above but shes not realising she needs to cherry pick to suit her body shape. I like the Emma Hill shot from the street timeless aesthetic but I have adapt or discount a lot of what they wear as I’m 5ft7 size 14 not 5ft9 size 8

Reactions: 8
There's so much fabric in that dress. I could curtain my whole damn house with it, and still have some leftover to upholster a chair.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Eh, I don't hate the dress but I'm a fan of the Cecilie Bahnsen aesthetic. Brittany Bathgate loves that brand too and over the last couple of years the style has started to trickle down to mainstream fashion brands.
It's not about showing off your figure (and looking big is often the point). Body con dresses are more popular but in the fashion crowd it's not necessarily what's considered cool.

The way she styled the dress though is a little too on the nose so Alix ends up looking like tried too hard but I wouldn't mind wearing the dress!

Eh, I don't hate the dress but I'm a fan of the Cecilie Bahnsen aesthetic. Brittany Bathgate loves that brand too and over the last couple of years the style has started to trickle down to mainstream fashion brands.
It's not about showing off your figure (and looking big is often the point). Body con dresses are more popular but in the fashion crowd it's not necessarily what's considered cool.

The way she styled the dress though is a little too on the nose so Alix ends up looking like tried too hard but I wouldn't mind wearing the dress!
I’m wondering if she had taken photos in a more open space (like Bathgate above) if the dress would look better. She just looks so crammed in among the stool, dresser and couch. And maybe if had been shot from farther away? The dress is just very overpowering for such a little cramped space among a similar color scheme.

Reactions: 7
God I’m so happy to read these comments, that dress needs to be burned with fire!

She actually has a lovely figure, when she posts things like yoga time-lapses in her gym wear I think she looks stunning (I can’t figure out a non-creepy way to say that 😂 but you know what I mean) but she insists on drowning herself in fugly beige/cream tones, square clothes, and just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse, out comes the human blancmange 😱

I guess if she feels good in it, who are we to judge? But it’s sad to think she might be deliberately trying to hide her shape when she has a gorgeous figure. I think her fashion sense has got even worse since the breakup, maybe because she lost a lot of weight at one point and now she’s put the weight back on she seems to be trying even harder to hide her shape.

Reactions: 5
God I’m so happy to read these comments, that dress needs to be burned with fire!

She actually has a lovely figure, when she posts things like yoga time-lapses in her gym wear I think she looks stunning (I can’t figure out a non-creepy way to say that 😂 but you know what I mean) but she insists on drowning herself in fugly beige/cream tones, square clothes, and just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse, out comes the human blancmange 😱

I guess if she feels good in it, who are we to judge? But it’s sad to think she might be deliberately trying to hide her shape when she has a gorgeous figure. I think her fashion sense has got even worse since the breakup, maybe because she lost a lot of weight at one point and now she’s put the weight back on she seems to be trying even harder to hide her shape.
Well it's deliberate because this shape is cool and trendy in the fashion sphere right now. And you can feel good about your body and prefer to dress it in this type of silhouette! Maybe she is trying to hide her body and maybe she isn't. Maybe the fact that floaty, loose silhouettes are trendy is convenient for her body confidence, or maybe she just likes them.
But it's like people expect her to wear tight body con clothing just because you think she has "a gorgeous figure". She can dress however she likes. I'd rather she wear stuff like this than squeeze herself in too tight clothing that's bursting at the seams.

Reactions: 4
But it's like people expect her to wear tight body con clothing just because you think she has "a gorgeous figure". She can dress however she likes. I'd rather she wear stuff like this than squeeze herself in too tight clothing that's bursting at the seams.
I think she could pull of these dresses, but his one is a bit too oversized for her. There is oversized but with structure like Brittany Bathgates dress and this pink dress. Brittanys dress looks good because the shoulders fit properly, the fabric looks light and flowy. The pink dress on the other hand looks like its made out of a heavier material, and is a bit too oversized, so it "drowns" Alix in fabric. The color is loverly on Alix, maybe a different styled smock dress would have been better.

Reactions: 2
The dress is hideous but lets not pretend she didn’t wear that with a tag on and returned straight after the pics were taken.

• Haha
After following her for many years, sadly I am going to unsubscribe. The black and white editing, the sombre background music and her dull demeanour are just too depressing to watch anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
No disrespect to the BLM movement,
but her new vlog is crammed so full with fake wokeness,
the “I haven’t planned this” clearly scripted speech, the fake angst 🤦‍♀️

half way through the goodreads stolen book reviews I gave up.

Edit: went back and she’s drooling over a 100ml 40 quid oil and 40 quid candle.
So woke.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
No disrespect to the BLM movement,
but her new vlog is crammed so full with fake wokeness,
the “I haven’t planned this” clearly scripted speech, the fake angst 🤦‍♀️

half way through the goodreads stolen book reviews I gave up.

Edit: went back and she’s drooling over a 100ml 40 quid oil and 40 quid candle.
So woke.
It was very uncomfortable viewing. In fact I turned it off. No sincerity at all!

It was very uncomfortable viewing. In fact I turned it off. No sincerity at all!

it was an embarrassing level of virtue signalling, all that was missing was tears,

it’s taken her 4 weeks to write that speech and cut and paste a few Goodreads reviews to her iPhone notes,
She should stick to dressing up in birthday dresses that look like toilet roll holder holders from the 80’s

297CAFD1-4DEE-46A0-BE1B-4D30EC4E4A39.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.