Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My god another asmr video
Wtf

this isn’t content

Just checked the view on that original asmr vlog. Only 38k views, with 440k subscribers. That’s pretty shocking!

Reactions: 2
Everything beige is backkkk.
God, I was so annoyed at her showing the new fancy coffee machine she bought and her 'not able to do latte art' with milk that had zero foam to it...
It's really not that hard to learn how to froth milk with your new expensive machine and its not cute acting incompetent on social media.
Honestly how does she make a living?
I'm sure she's a nice girl but she's so bland and all the images she shares on her stories are just beige and soulless.

Reactions: 4
What on Earth is that outfit!! Those dull tones, those granny sandals please, it’s boiling out what’s wrong with showing a bit of skin!
I went back through her Instagram a while ago and my god the difference between her now and 1/2 summers ago is astounding, she was always boring but my god looking at her grid now sends me to sleep 😴

Reactions: 3
She seems depressed? The lack of colour - any colour, the weight gain (all 3 of them) the voice, doing nothing aside from tarting up a rented property 😴😴😴😴 it's a waste of time and money, ofc the landlord is ok with it, THEY should have done the jobs themselves for their tenants. Not the walk in closet, but the painting for sure. I'd prefer more of the batch plant based cooking, running, moon and hanging out with her bro and sue ( zoom hangout) over this alex 😯

Reactions: 5
I don’t if it’s depressed or that she thinks being a chilled “cool girl” is more in line with the beige Scandi aesthetic

The likes on her last two photos are really low. But it’s probably because we’ve seen these style of pics countless times on her feed already!

She comes across so lethargic now. Everything’s slow and sluggish and dull. There’s no sparkle. What’s happened?

Plus for the cool girls the 50 shades of beige is a bit “last year” there’s more navy black and white in the mix now as well as the beige, which is a million times more flattering for her figure and skin tone

Reactions: 1
She seems depressed? The lack of colour - any colour, the weight gain (all 3 of them) the voice, doing nothing aside from tarting up a rented
Did they not buy the property, thats the impression I got when I watched the moving vlog 🤷‍♀️

This is the most minor thing, but I wish she wouldn’t keep styling her hair to be poker straight, flat on her head and tucked behind her ears. It really doesn’t suit her - makes her face look huge.

She looks so much nicer with a bit of wave and volume to it.

I don’t if it’s depressed or that she thinks being a chilled “cool girl” is more in line with the beige Scandi aesthetic

The likes on her last two photos are really low. But it’s probably because we’ve seen these style of pics countless times on her feed already!

She comes across so lethargic now. Everything’s slow and sluggish and dull. There’s no sparkle. What’s happened?
I don't particularly mind the more chilled out, quiet personality she's adopted as of late (it's often a nice change from the more twee influencers!) but I cannot figure out what she does all day. Her videos are so ordinary, boring, and simple - not to mention, she produces just one a week! If she was doing some truly spectacular editing, or videos that showed a need for more planning/prep, I would totally get it, but hers are just run-of-the-mill youtuber type stuff.

I feel like she doesn't quite know what to do. Her heart doesn't seem in fashion or beauty content, so her channel has turned into something of a grab bag, with everything from Animal Crossing videos to ASMR. I imagine that sort of inconsistency would be hard to pitch to sponsors and brands.

Someone here speculated that perhaps she has another job, and I think that must be true. The alternative - that she spends her days wandering her beige home like a sepia toned ghost - is just too depressing to consider.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Is Alix no longer vegan? I thought she was vegan (or plant based) but her recent stories have shown her eating choccies and croissants.

Ahh...she consistently wears things that don't fit her. I'm the last person to say "dress to fit your shape" or "you must only wear flattering things", but when fabric pulls (the linen trouser pockets) or puckers (the dress), it's usually a sign that something isn't fitting properly. Half of it is because she buys cheaply made clothing, but she also either needs to size up or just pass it on by. She has wide hips and needs to focus on hip measurements to get the intended fit and drape. She tries to hide the fact things don't fit - quickly scanning past the pockets for example - so she clearly knows it.

I wonder if she's starting to size out of Topshop, H&M, Arket et al straight sizing.

Did they not buy the property, thats the impression I got when I watched the moving vlog 🤷‍♀️
Nope, rented. They'd only been dating for a few months when she moved to London to rent a flat together. She said they met on the old Tinder 🔥🔥🔥

• Wow
Ahh...she consistently wears things that don't fit her. I'm the last person to say "dress to fit your shape" or "you must only wear flattering things", but when fabric pulls (the linen trouser pockets) or puckers (the dress), it's usually a sign that something isn't fitting properly. Half of it is because she buys cheaply made clothing, but she also either needs to size up or just pass it on by. She has wide hips and needs to focus on hip measurements to get the intended fit and drape. She tries to hide the fact things don't fit - quickly scanning past the pockets for example - so she clearly knows it.

I wonder if she's starting to size out of Topshop, H&M, Arket et al straight sizing.
it’s frustrating, I’m far from a body shamer but there again I’m far from a body positive particularly when someone is v obese. I believe in trying your best in terms of exercise and diet and dressing for what you have but right now Alix is dressing for an 8-10 tanned 22 year old

shes v tall and with her bust/hips/tum im 5ft7 and am exactly a 14 and don’t have the hips/tum that she has so I’m guessing, in order for clothes to sit nicely, she needs a 16 to fit nicely

but this is recently gained weight, she looked like this for years and dressed as badly back then, then she went through tit times bless and must have lost a good stone plus making her probably a 12/14, but I think she’s struggling to accept her current situation and still want to wear things that no longer look right

I can’t believe these ASMR videos are a thing 😖🤢 hearing someone’s saliva clicking and moving around their mouth as well as their breathing. It honestly makes my stomach turn!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
it’s frustrating, I’m far from a body shamer but there again I’m far from a body positive particularly when someone is v obese. I believe in trying your best in terms of exercise and diet and dressing for what you have but right now Alix is dressing for an 8-10 tanned 22 year old

shes v tall and with her bust/hips/tum im 5ft7 and am exactly a 14 and don’t have the hips/tum that she has so I’m guessing, in order for clothes to sit nicely, she needs a 16 to fit nicely

but this is recently gained weight, she looked like this for years and dressed as badly back then, then she went through tit times bless and must have lost a good stone plus making her probably a 12/14, but I think she’s struggling to accept her current situation and still want to wear things that no longer look right
You must have a warped outlook on woman’s bodies, she isn’t a 16, when she was at her skinniest she was wearing a size 8, I know this because she was selling lots of bits on Depop which she’s previously worn. She clearly lost more than a stone, and I would say maximum size she is now is a 12/14, she has put weight back on which is a good thing IMO because she looked too skinny before as she is obviously taller and has big hips etc

Reactions: 7
The asmr thing is a bit off bran for her, I think she would be more successful if the made a separate asmr channel. People are not going to sub for a asmr video one in a while.

She has a a voice that works well with asmr, so it could be something new for her- some of the channels are doing amazingly with that kind of content.

I use noises/amsr like library ambiance videos, nature sounds, people wishing as a backdrop when I am working, thats mostly because of my tinitus, its either background noises or my ears ringing.

If she's only renting, then shed spending a lot of money on a rented accommodation which is a bit silly in my opinion. I hope she's put the money fro the house sale (maybe I am just imagining, but did she not own a house with her ex and sold it) and invested it smartly or put it aside.

They moved in quite quickly together, not sure if I would have got rid of my own space to move in with a tinder find like that, but the seem to be doing well together.

• Heart
Is Alix no longer vegan? I thought she was vegan (or plant based) but her recent stories have shown her eating choccies and croissants.
It is possible to get plant based versions of these, but she said before she was only strictly plant based in her own home. At least she tries with that and i appreciate she isn't preechy about it. Catch more flies with honey (agave*) and all that 😉

Weigt gain is a pain, i think she's gone back to her previous size and a few more pounds. When your wardrobe is a big as hers that is depressing. Now she has 254 pairs of white and cream jeans that don't fit. 😯

She'd benefit from tape in extensions and soft waves. Lastly moon needs more exercising at home, lady you have a garden. Use it. Please.

You must have a warped outlook on woman’s bodies, she isn’t a 16, when she was at her skinniest she was wearing a size 8, I know this because she was selling lots of bits on Depop which she’s previously worn. She clearly lost more than a stone, and I would say maximum size she is now is a 12/14, she has put weight back on which is a good thing IMO because she looked too skinny before as she is obviously taller and has big hips etc
A size 8 my word at 5ft9 that’s model size like Shot from the Street who is v slim, I’ve watched Alix for 5 years and she’s never looked like Lizzie, but I take it on board that I may be out with my sizes, I think cos I’m comparing with the sizes I wear and I prefer a looser fit

Hang on maybe I’m getting her confused with someone else and she isn’t that tall, if that’s the case I take it all back, height makes a massive difference with dress sizes

Just watched her latest video and she definitely need to size up in most of those items in particular the cream linen trousers... they are pinching all over. It’s not a bad thing to just size up! I’m soooo over this meh aesthetic though... it’s just so blah

This is ridiculous she looks like she’s wearing a potato sack

Attachments

Last edited:
A size 8 my word at 5ft9 that’s model size like Shot from the Street who is v slim, I’ve watched Alix for 5 years and she’s never looked like Lizzie, but I take it on board that I may be out with my sizes, I think cos I’m comparing with the sizes I wear and I prefer a looser fit

Hang on maybe I’m getting her confused with someone else and she isn’t that tall, if that’s the case I take it all back, height makes a massive difference with dress sizes
I have no idea how tall Alix is, but just to say, given my experience working with models, most models are smaller than a size 8. Also, a lot of them are not as tall you’d think - agencies lie about height. 5’7 becomes 5’9. I am tall and I was taller than about 60% of them.

Back to Alix, I think she has a lovely figure, but she absolutely needs to size up. I can understand being in denial about that though -I’m sure many of us have gone through something like that, gaining weight and not wanting to admit it to ourselves. I def have! I wasn’t doing hauls on YouTube though, so it didn’t matter. I feel like influencers need to have more self-awareness than the average person. If they appraised themselves more accurately, Tattle probably would be a lot quieter.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.