Hunters & Heels

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Argh, she really is the ultimate sales person isn't she? So sly, like a dodgy over friendly estate agent. I really can't believe people can't see her for what she is. I know instagram doesn't portray reality, but she's so unrelatable it's unreal. I just feel so sorry for the people who compare their lives against hers and feel bad about themselves.

Reactions: 8
I still like this account as i like looking at pretty pictures (🙈😂) but it really is getting a bit silly now. Its been pouring all day in England and up posts a picnic in a poppy field? In long grass. No one would sit there apart from for 5 mins for a photo. Its just a bit silly.

Reactions: 7
I still like this account as i like looking at pretty pictures (🙈😂) but it really is getting a bit silly now. Its been pouring all day in England and up posts a picnic in a poppy field? In long grass. No one would sit there apart from for 5 mins for a photo. Its just a bit silly.
Yet another ad that’s why. She didn’t sit there for any longer that it took to photograph it. 🙄

Reactions: 4
I don’t mind Lauren as I see her as purely a saleswoman & the account as one big (pretty) ad . However ... I have to comment on the birthday party 🤔🙄😬 Were all kids told to wear beige and cream ??? Was there a kiddie dress code?? Or did Lauren shove out of shot any child who’d innocently turned up in a Toy Story T-shirt or a Liverpool strip 😂😂😂 Was it even a real birthday party , or just a photo session for the ‘gram ? Maybe the real party took place in a soft play somewhere- hope so!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don’t mind Lauren as I see her as purely a saleswoman & the account as one big (pretty) ad . However ... I have to comment on the birthday party 🤔🙄😬 Were all kids told to wear beige and cream ??? Was there a kiddie dress code?? Or did Lauren shove out of shot any child who’d innocently turned up in a Toy Story T-shirt or a Liverpool strip 😂😂😂 Was it even a real birthday party , or just a photo session for the ‘gram ? Maybe the real party took place in a soft play somewhere- hope so!!
And that cake - three their birthday cake. How unrealistic!

I often think they must have clothes for the eldest at their house so he matches. It will come as a shock when they will only wear sportswear!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It’s just a cheap advert for a wine company no-one has ever heard of.

That latest advert should include the disclaimer “everytime you drink this wine your dress rides up and exposes your thighs” 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I thought the exact same thing. All staged for the gram I’m sure!

Reactions: 3
723CFE01-3E30-4BE9-9247-CB123CA02680.jpeg

Is nothing #ad/gift free sacred??

Here kids have a tin with the tiniest packet of wild flower seeds, they will hardly fill a small pot but there is a tiny leaflet in it too. You can fill the tin with other items but we didn’t”

• Wow
Reactions: 2
The more i watch Lauren's stories about her kids, the more i scoff. Those cute boys, all dressed in white, cream shirts and chinos courtesy of joules (shirts easily steam clean by that philips steam cleaner btw). And their treat days out are to the local farm shop picking vegetables for dinner, expertly cooked by Col?? Just a slight variation on their walks in the fields, posing in meadow fields. I cant even do a round in Tescos with my kids, never mind a lush day out at a farm shop.

One day, her kids are going to want to wear Paw Patrol tshirts and go to soft play. Then what would she 'gram about? Can you imagine her crawling about soft play in her white romantic The White Company midi dresses?? 😂😂 I even wonder if she owns any ratty jogging bottoms and tshirts? She just lounges out in twc cashmere jumpsuits with a glass of rose. Life is bliss as Lauren. Its all nice, but i know it cant be real.

Reactions: 8
Her latest post…I just can’t…surely this isn’t real? I feel it’s venturing into parody territory now. Hashtag bloody gifted.

Imagine if someone bought the boys a Disney or pj masks top as a present 😂

The more i watch Lauren's stories about her kids, the more i scoff. Those cute boys, all dressed in white, cream shirts and chinos courtesy of joules (shirts easily steam clean by that philips steam cleaner btw). And their treat days out are to the local farm shop picking vegetables for dinner, expertly cooked by Col?? Just a slight variation on their walks in the fields, posing in meadow fields. I cant even do a round in Tescos with my kids, never mind a lush day out at a farm shop.

One day, her kids are going to want to wear Paw Patrol tshirts and go to soft play. Then what would she 'gram about? Can you imagine her crawling about soft play in her white romantic The White Company midi dresses?? 😂😂 I even wonder if she owns any ratty jogging bottoms and tshirts? She just lounges out in twc cashmere jumpsuits with a glass of rose. Life is bliss as Lauren. Its all nice, but i know it cant be real.
Well.... I don't own jogging bottoms or crappy t shirts. And we definitely don't go to soft play unless it's a party! We are super rural so a good day out for my kids is literally a walk and a swing over the river. I don't like the endless ads but I don't think it's fair to say every mum HAS to be a hot mess either 🤷‍♀️ I

Safe to say that im a hot mess momma, sweats and soft play! Definitely no white midi dresses and country walks for me and my crew. @Downtoearth your life sounds idyllic but please tell me you do your walks in muddy wellies, and you leave the romping in fields with glasses of rose to lauren...

Reactions: 1
Latest post 🙄 Yeah cos everybody looks like that after they’ve wrangled the kids into bed!!! I don’t mind the perfectly staged #ads if that’s what she does but why the totally disingenuous captions. You haven’t just wafted into your garden like that after doing the bedtime routine. It’s all smoke and mirrors and it’s designed to exploit vulnerable mums who aspire to this totally unrealistic lifestyle so they fork out money for candles (by a brand she’s employed by) and dresses and champagne and caprese salads they don’t need to feel good about themselves 🤥🤥🤥

Reactions: 5
Latest post 🙄 Yeah cos everybody looks like that after they’ve wrangled the kids into bed!!! I don’t mind the perfectly staged #ads if that’s what she does but why the totally disingenuous captions. You haven’t just wafted into your garden like that after doing the bedtime routine. It’s all smoke and mirrors and it’s designed to exploit vulnerable mums who aspire to this totally unrealistic lifestyle so they fork out money for candles (by a brand she’s employed by) and dresses and champagne and caprese salads they don’t need to feel good about themselves 🤥🤥🤥
Totally with you on this and this is what I find abhorrent about the instamums. I really couldn’t care less about what freebies they get, to me nothing free is worth the price of my children’s privacy and safety.

But this idea that ‘this’ is what life should look like is a deliberate strategy to undermine the confidence of mostly women and specifically mothers. It portrays this easy, but oh so polished lifestyle of expensive clothes, luxury holidays, curated homes and impossibly happy children. It screams at you, ‘why don’t you live this prefect life, what’s wrong with you?’ And then ‘but buy the rose wine / Joules wellies / Philips steamer - and you too can have a piece of the fantasy’.

It’s so wrong, it’s plays on the very usual insecurities that many mothers have.

If anyone here is reading this and feels that wobble, that sense that they should be as groomed and. Glossy as Lauren, please remember this:

You are doing a great job, you are juggling a lot, Instagram is a fabrication and you are absolutely enough’

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Safe to say that im a hot mess momma, sweats and soft play! Definitely no white midi dresses and country walks for me and my crew. @Downtoearth your life sounds idyllic but please tell me you do your walks in muddy wellies, and you leave the romping in fields with glasses of rose to lauren...
Yes we tend to wear wellies (all Hunters though 😂) or horse stuff as the kids ride while we walk the dog. Definitely no white dresses in my wardrobe and my husband isn't a great cook either. My point was a bit that I think it's all relative. I don't find Lauren's non-Ads TOO irritating because I know my own life would be considered more "aspirational" than hers (if I showed it on IG).

My husband is a bit more than a car salesman for one thing 😉😂

I can deal with the "look how lovely life is" crap because so much is obviously fake (like Archies mum in the wings... Puts a downer on the perfect nuclear family a bit). It's the ads that are really driving me bonkers.

• Sick
I don’t see any harm in that. A step mother is still a mother. I’m a step parent, my step children have a step parent on their mums side and my older child has a step parent. Every one has a hand in parenting them all it’s a team effort and I think that should be celebrated rather than criticised
I’m a step parent and wouldn’t go there personally. I know all the trials and tribulations of how hard step parenting is and respect that but if my husband and I split and he got a new girlfriend and she referred to herself as my kids mum. I’d kill her 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.