Hunters & Heels #6 Buy Lauren McDermott

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The sad part about all of this is, if Instagram didn’t exist those boys would be allowed to wear whatever they liked, and Col would be allowed to take whatever backpack he wanted on a picnic.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Ok is anyone going to talk about her poor boys now looking like mini adults,? Like young men I see around, it is that coat, polo neck and trainers look

Why are her children never look like children? Don’t get me wrong I always think it’s ok not to dress your children in Paw patrol / Peppa pig and various merchandise sold.

Personally I’ve always avoided that if I could with mine ( apart for some pjs ) but you can still dress your children in some lovely clothes, maybe some colour and have them looking like children not like these mini adult men. I find it so strange and odd how she dresses her boys. I think she thinks it’s how you look posh.
These outfits are so awful - they look like mini ‘geezers’ fresh off the set of Eastenders! Lauren has totally misunderstood that the type of people she aspires to being would never dress their children like this. They look so chavvy / new money. I like Reiss but not like this please!!

Her boys are never wear anything that is what I would class as casual, fun or comfortable. It’s always the drab, nude colours, shirts, woollen jumpers, smart shoes, stiff coats or anything that is gifted. They are her little props/ accessories. She uses her boys. I think she’s a horrible woman for doing so. She is super pretentious too. She’s all fur coat and no knickers. She’s playing at being posh and wealthy, but I don’t think they really are. She’s trying to reach out to a certain audience, because she knows they will spend money. Lauren is clever and smart, but I don’t believe for one minute she’s all that smiley, sweet as candy that she makes out to be. She is faking it at life and at the expense of her two little boys.
Yes - imagine at school on Monday- what did you do over the weekend? Olly - I got dressed is some clothes I was given because I am soooo special and lucky and my mum is famous and never pays for anything! Once we were all dressed up we went for an autumnal walk and held hands and looked adoringly at mummy and we all had to smile and laugh a lot whilst Daddy took photos of us as we were having so much fun!! Then we sat in a pub and mummy took pictures of all our food, she takes photos of us all the time because she loves us so much and then shares them with thousands of people because we are so gorgeous. Everyone always wants to know what we are doing, eating, wearing, what our bedroom looks like, because we are so special and people are jealous of us. The more we do it the more people give us presents so mummy says we should do it more and more. Mummy even asks people to send us stuff and we have to give pictures in return.
Lauren there is something sooooo wrong with this! Fair enough pimp your own life out for money but leave your poor children out of it! We do not yet know the emotional effects this over sharing will have on young lives yet - although we do know the impact on mental health for teenagers and young adults because of social media. Is it really worth it? Everthing is so exposed and contrived, its not reality,

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
These outfits are so awful - they look like mini ‘geezers’ fresh off the set of Eastenders! Lauren has totally misunderstood that the type of people she aspires to being would never dress their children like this. They look so chavvy / new money.

That is exactly it. Her children don't even look 'posh'. They look like Essex play boys / widos... 😭

• Haha
Cheesy leaks !!! None of these influencers can spell, it’s ridiculous

Cheesy leaks !! None of those influencers can spell, it’s ridiculous

Last edited:
  • Haha
This is the saddest Christmas list I’ve ever seen for a child.

“What did you get for Christmas, Alfie?”
“ Scalextric! What about you, Ollie?”
“A personalised popcorn bowl”
Isn’t it awful! So boring. All for the aesthetics and money, and she thinks that her wealthy audience will buy these items. Well I am part of her target audience and I am definitely not buying any of these. I have a nephew the same age as Lauren’s eldest son, and he’s having Marvel Lego sets and chocolate! If I bought him a personalised popcorn he’d more than likely look at me in a way that says ‘what is this’ ?, then he’d swiftly plonk it down and move onto the more interesting presents. Where’s the nerf guns, switch games, action figures, fun games & cool reading books etc Lauren? 😂 The gifts for men are boring too. My husband wouldn’t like any from her list, but then my husband is nothing like old man Col. She’s so pretentious and old before her time. She even dresses her kids like little old men. Let them have fun with toys and clothes!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
If this is what Lauren is like in her 30’s, I wonder what she’ll be like in her 60’s?

You know those adults recreate childhood photo pictures? If Ollie and Rory do one when they’re 40+ it won’t be hard for them to recreate the outfits they’re wearing now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Jesus christ, those poor kids. I wonder if they have a secret stash of brightly coloured plastic toys hidden away in a wicker basket somewhere that Lauren must never find out about.

I can appreciate a beautiful wooden toy as much as the next insta hun but my kids would be mortified if I filled their stocking with that bland old crap.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
If this is what Lauren is like in her 30’s, I wonder what she’ll be like in her 60’s?

You know those adults recreate childhood photo pictures? If Ollie and Rory do one when they’re 40+ it won’t be hard for them to recreate the outfits they’re wearing now.
I‘m predicting a divorce when she’s 50 and then she’ll do a full 360 and start dressing like an 18 year old and trying to relive her wasted youth. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Lauren’s feed and stories really give me the ick at this time of year, SO much consumerism it’s disgusting. It’s been a hard couple of years for so many people, it would be nice to see an influencer just focus on fun free things to do as a family that are festive, or recipes or cheap homemade gifts.
But then I suppose she wouldn’t get her free tit, I wonder if she’s aware she’s influencing people to get into debt to mimic her lifestyle?

Reactions: 21
Lauren’s feed and stories really give me the ick at this time of year, SO much consumerism it’s disgusting. It’s been a hard couple of years for so many people, it would be nice to see an influencer just focus on fun free things to do as a family that are festive, or recipes or cheap homemade gifts.
But then I suppose she wouldn’t get her free tit, I wonder if she’s aware she’s influencing people to get into debt to mimic her lifestyle?
I think she is fully aware. How could she not be? It is an inevitable consequence from the consumerism she promotes and positively glorifies. Most importantly, it is clear from her behaviour, that she absolutely doesn't care.

She's constantly doing "free" things though. The walks in the country fields, wild swimming in see through white dresses, pressing flowers for cards, making wreaths with cuttings from the garden, baking/ cooking with berries from the woods, making wrapping paper with gifted stamps.....

But she's still fecking annoying 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She's constantly doing "free" things though. The walks in the country fields, wild swimming in see through white dresses, pressing flowers for cards, making wreaths with cuttings from the garden, baking/ cooking with berries from the woods, making wrapping paper with gifted stamps.....

But she's still fecking annoying 😂
All of those things are to sell those exact items though. Those 'scenes' are packed full of consumerism. Expensive outdoor clothing, expensive gardening clothing, expensive outdoor coffee cups, the white dress, the flower press, the wreath making workshop, the expensive stamps etc. etc. On it goes, the sales merry-go-round of Margot's family life. Everything is calculated and purposeful to make as much cash as possible from her family life.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
In reality she was probably sat on her phone replying to comments, the kids were fighting over their tablets, refusing to eat their dinner. I would love to be a fly on the wall and see her when she’s not so ‘Mary poppins’
Someone locally posted previously and said seeing her out to eat with her family is exactly as you have described!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Now I'm no fashionista, but my Nanna could have styled those trousers better!! Why has she rolled them up like that?! With those boots...maybe if they were skinny jeans, but not Barry Manilow flappy white trousers 😂😂 I'm absolutely creased!
These outfits are horrific! 😱🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.