Hunters & Heels #6 Buy Lauren McDermott

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes but importantly brackets ‘with no obligation to share’! What are these businesses doing - gifting trips to influencers with no obligation to share!!?! What is the point of gifting it then?! No money is worth what she is doing - selling her privacy and soul - and it is quite a vulgar process, pitching to brands, etc. But they literally make loads of money- I don’t know why BB keep her on tbh!!
I thought exactly this too. Surely sharing it with her followers is the whole point!! Why else would you give an 'influencer' a free stay instead of some struggling, deserving family who couldn't have afforded it themselves? Mind boggles.

Reactions: 11
I thought exactly this too. Surely sharing it with her followers is the whole point!! Why else would you give an 'influencer' a free stay instead of some struggling, deserving family who couldn't have afforded it themselves? Mind boggles.
Imagine things weren't gifted and they just made it up they were lol. ( not just Lauren, I mean anyone on Instagram, I bet someone has faked a gift / ad)

Reactions: 4
How does Ad-Press invitation (with no obligation to share) even work?? Surely if it’s a #Ad then it’s an advert or if it’s a #press invitation then it’s something that the company want in the press (I hate it when influencers imply they are press btw)

My personal thought is it’s her Mums friends business, she’s wrangled a freebie and said she will share it to her sheep!

Reactions: 9
Knew it would be a freebie ! Never pays for anything does Lauren. The boys are getting older now, so why is she still dressing them matchy matchy? Lauren looks and acts older than she is, but what age is Col? When I see them together, he looks like he’s Lauren’s father - definitely older. Does anyone know?

Reactions: 10
Sounds really super meany but Colon aint no prize is he, he's aged loads. Laur left her pretty fit husband for this??

And no idiot would pack a floral floaty dress and heels to a weekend break in the welsh moutains unless you were at a 5* spa resort, you take a rain mac, walking boots/trainers and jeans!

Sounds really super meany but Colon aint no prize is he, he's aged loads. Laur left her pretty fit husband for this??

And no idiot would pack a floral floaty dress and heels to a weekend break in the welsh moutains unless you were at a 5* spa resort, you take a rain mac, walking boots/trainers and jeans!
Col definitely isn’t no prize. He’s gained loads of weight. Probably all the alcohol they consume as well as being a ‘foodie’! It’s not about how you look though, personality is everything. I can’t comment on that because I don’t know him but the bits I do know I don’t like (cheating past, selling your kids privacy and safety for anything free etc)

Lauren is on the beg for hiking boots now! She never stops. These influencers, once they get a taste of freebies, they become so entitled. You are NOT famous Lauren. You are a money grabbing, opportunistic CHEAPSKATE though.

Reactions: 14
Lauren is on the beg for hiking boots now! She never stops. These influencers, once they get a taste of freebies, they become so entitled. You are NOT famous Lauren. You are a money grabbing, opportunistic CHEAPSKATE though.
Now that gardening season is over, do you reckon her next hobby/lifestyle choice is going to be Lauren The Outdoorswoman? I'm thinking free Barbour, Patagonia, Osprey... God help us REAL outdoorspeople who make do with a trusty pair of Peter Storms.

• Haha
Yes but importantly brackets ‘with no obligation to share’! What are these businesses doing - gifting trips to influencers with no obligation to share!!?! What is the point of gifting it then?! No money is worth what she is doing - selling her privacy and soul - and it is quite a vulgar process, pitching to brands, etc. But they literally make loads of money- I don’t know why BB keep her on tbh!!
It’s a legal thing… if there is an obligation to share then Lauren will be asking for payment in addition to the stay as she needs to declare tax etc. If they do it ‘asking for nothing in exchange’ then she can write it off as a ‘genuine gift’ and the brand is quids in too.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Absolutely, also saw several instahuns showing off their free clothes from Joules, free sofas etc on instagram this weekend. It makes me cross that they are so entitled with everything going on in the world at the moment. I came across this article the other day - an influencer raised millions on go fund me to evacuate people from Afghanistan - this is the type of influencing that I support, not someone getting more free stuff https://apnews.com/article/africa-business-afghanistan-dcf861df931aa3a5441609adaf639b57

Reactions: 8
I walk/hike a lot with my dog and the twee, fashiony Joules would never be on my list for technical gear. I need waterproof, wind proof, layerable, sweat wicking features in clothing, boots with great ankle support, long distance comfort, easy to get on and off, waterproof but breathable. Joules is the sort of thing worn by walkers who go up Snowdon ‘for a nice walk’ once a year on NY Day, in the worst weather, totally unprepared and have to get rescued.

Reactions: 14
I walk/hike a lot with my dog and the twee, fashiony Joules would never be on my list for technical gear. I need waterproof, wind proof, layerable, sweat wicking features in clothing, boots with great ankle support, long distance comfort, easy to get on and off, waterproof but breathable. Joules is the sort of thing worn by walkers who go up Snowdon ‘for a nice walk’ once a year on NY Day, in the worst weather, totally unprepared and have to get rescued.
We have a dog and quite honestly I don’t care what I look like as long as I don’t get wet or cold. Usually there are other dogs off leash that have on occasions jumped up with muddy paws. So I don’t wear anything expensive. Everything has to be washable too 😂

Reactions: 7
We have a dog and quite honestly I don’t care what I look like as long as I don’t get wet or cold. Usually there are other dogs off leash that have on occasions jumped up with muddy paws. So I don’t wear anything expensive. Everything has to be washable too 😂
AMEN!

Reactions: 4
“Go on Archie, put your arm around your brother while you drink your milkshake!” Who does that?!
My two have never ever done this, despite being really close. They probably only got the milkshakes as a bribe to take that perfect photo to show how perfect they are as a family. Wait till those boys get older! They dress like their father!

Reactions: 5
Joules are just worst for this. Gifting, gifting and ironically always to people who need gifting least.
Middle / upper class with a charming life preferably a cottage or a county home, having a wonder round NT properties. Lauren comes to mind.

Has anyone come across a woman called Pippa Armstrong. Literally her whole wardrobe is gifted Joules and Joules just keeps on giving. She so smug and has the most annoying plummy accent-most definitely put on. She is not a big account so no idea how Joules are justifying this.

I used to buy a lot of Joules for a whole family. I’m really put off spending my money with them.

Reactions: 9
Joules are just worst for this. Gifting, gifting and ironically always to people who need gifting least.
Middle / upper class with a charming life preferably a cottage or a county home, having a wonder round NT properties. Lauren comes to mind.

Has anyone come across a woman called Pippa Armstrong. Literally her whole wardrobe is gifted Joules and Joules just keeps on giving. She so smug and has the most annoying plummy accent-most definitely put on. She is not a big account so no idea how Joules are justifying this.

I used to buy a lot of Joules for a whole family. I’m really put off spending my money with them.
Never heard of Pippa and just checked - its the usual UK instahun attire - fairfax and favor, boden, joules etc. You are right about Joules, they are the worst. I remember when they hosted Laura Ad and GSDIH at the Chelsea flower show a few years ago.

Reactions: 5
Did Joules not get called out for the lack of diversity in their gifting? I don’t follow them but I’m assuming that hasn’t changed

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.