Hunters & Heels #6 Buy Lauren McDermott

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
✨ no fancy recipe, just freshly grated chocolate into milk warmed on the Aga ✨

What happened to cadburys drinking chocolate and heating milk in the microwave? 😂
The Aga is really crucial, you know. It tastes so much better than on your bog standard Hotpoint. And only real plebs use the microwave. Honestly 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The Aga is really crucial, you know. It tastes so much better than on your bog standard Hotpoint. And only real plebs use the microwave. Honestly 🙄
I think it's hilarious! I have an AGA and can't be bothered with extra dishes so I just use a mug that can go in the microwave 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've always loved the idea of an AGA - but then I watched someone I follow on IG explain how she cleans & maintains hers and went 'Actually, maybe I've happy with my ordinary oven & stove top' 😅

Reactions: 5
I've always loved the idea of an AGA - but then I watched someone I follow on IG explain how she cleans & maintains hers and went 'Actually, maybe I've happy with my ordinary oven & stove top' 😅
They are crazily expensive to live with. We had one and ended up having it taken out and replaced with a dual fuel range cooker when we had our kitchen done.

Reactions: 4
She doesn’t even own it I bet .. will come with the rented cottage I’m guessing

Reactions: 6
She doesn’t even own it I bet .. will come with the rented cottage I’m guessing
This is the ridiculous part for me. They chose to rent a poky, dark place that doesn't have enough bedrooms for them, clearly due to what she regards as Instagrammable features such as an AGA, inglenook fireplace etc. Those are not the choices upon which I would base my children's happiness in their home... 🤔🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 14
They are crazily expensive to live with. We had one and ended up having it taken out and replaced with a dual fuel range cooker when we had our kitchen done.
Absolutely. We had an old gas one in a previous property which was a nightmare to run with service costs etc. We now have an electric one which you can easily turn on and off and is much cheaper to run but the oven works as well as the old gas one without the hassle. Also a lot easier to clean as it cools down completely when you're not using it.

Reactions: 4
Absolutely. We had an old gas one in a previous property which was a nightmare to run with service costs etc. We now have an electric one which you can easily turn on and off and is much cheaper to run but the oven works as well as the old gas one without the hassle. Also a lot easier to clean as it cools down completely when you're not using it.
Ours was oil [burns £50 notes]

Reactions: 5
"rory had his nativity today. It was lush."

It was lush?! Lush?! Wtf, if she misuses the word lush again im going to send a glitter letter to her house, see how she likes that! What an idiot. Who uses adjectives like this???

• Haha
Reactions: 13
No disrespect to people who rent but as two adults with what appears to be a sizeable disposable income I can’t see why they wouldn’t be in a position to buy? Unless they’ve been bankrupt before and can’t get a mortgage?

Reactions: 7
No disrespect to people who rent but as two adults with what appears to be a sizeable disposable income I can’t see why they wouldn’t be in a position to buy? Unless they’ve been bankrupt before and can’t get a mortgage?
I don’t think they do have as big an income as it appears. It’s all smoke and mirrors. Most of hers and the boys clothing is gifted/ad and lots of the interiors stuff is too. Or maybe she is so busy spending for the gram that ther is no chance of saving for a deposit!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I don’t think they have a lot of cash - between wanting to have that expensive looking house in a certain area and Col paying maintenance for his son - fair enough they get gifted plenty of trips and stuff but it doesn’t really translate to the sums you’d need to buy and maintain the type of country manor they’d want. Let’s face it she’s not going to move into a large, practical 1960s ex-council house is she!

I would guess they have a very healthy income, but influencing is an industry that’s in decline as businesses start to notice the poor return on their investment.

I imagine Col’n’Laur keep some gifted income off the books, such as clothing and holidays, though it would still reduce their actual outgoings.

But mostly, as a previous poster has mentioned, the type of property in the location they’d want in order to keep up appearances, is probably out of reach for effectively first home buyers.

It’s possible they do own houses, but they have stayed living in their rented one as it is ‘the brand’. It wouldn’t be on brand to buy a 1960’s do-er upper. I even think the act of moving house would go against the ethos of her brand. The whole; my life is so perfect, I am deliriously happy, aren’t you all so jealous of me? Kind of vibe. If she moved house it would show that she’s an actual human with real life inconveniences and difficulties. She isn’t trying to be relatable, she’s aspirational. Her whole brand is based on the envy of other people.

Her whole brand is based on the envy of other people.
This is what I find so abhorrent about her. You can see that she desperately wants women to envy her and that is her brand. Why would anyone want that? Why would anyone purposefully want women to feel devalued and less?

This is what I find so abhorrent about her. You can see that she desperately wants women to envy her and that is her brand. Why would anyone want that? Why would anyone purposefully want women to feel devalued and less?
money.

but also, she’s a narcissist.

money.

but also, she’s a narcissist.
True. This is what always makes her account stand out against other influencers. They might be annoying, but the modus operandi of her account is devaluing women, making them feel like less via her smug and narcissistic posts (genuinely never seen another influencer love themselves more than her when she is posing and swishing 😱)...

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.