Hunters and Heels #4 the ultimate ad bore, keeps it a secret she was married before

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh the boys have got puddlesuits on! First time they’ve had a public airing! Hi Lauren 👋
Pretty sure Olly is wearing a kids Schoffel gilet too (about £99 for a child version) and surprised she hasn’t tagged them so they can send her freebies! Perhaps it is just one the imitation ones Aldi had in a while ago 😂😂!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ooh the boys have got puddlesuits on! First time they’ve had a public airing! Hi Lauren 👋
Don't forget the tracksuits too!!! 🤣🤣 It really made me laugh. Her efforts at appealing relateable just now really tickle me, is that wrong?! 🙈

Also, all the references to "our" garden really, probably irrationally, pissed me off. I am just so sick of her pretending to be something she is not. It is someone else's garden that you are tidying up. You are merely the temporary caretakers of it. Why not be honest with your followers and say that it is rented... 🤷🏻‍♀️ Ah, because it would spoil the fake illusion of your life Lauren. Yes, I see what you did there... 😉🙄

Reactions: 6
Don't forget the tracksuits too!!! 🤣🤣 It really made me laugh. Her efforts at appealing relateable just now really tickle me, is that wrong?! 🙈

Also, all the references to "our" garden really, probably irrationally, pissed me off. I am just so sick of her pretending to be something she is not. It is someone else's garden that you are tidying up. You are merely the temporary caretakers of it. Why not be honest with your followers and say that it is rented... 🤷🏻‍♀️ Ah, because it would spoil the fake illusion of your life Lauren. Yes, I see what you did there... 😉🙄
And also that big empty space above the fireplace needs a big mirror or something
In that picture today the house looks really old fashioned and not in a good way. It looks old and manky. As for them out doing the gardening then back in to an old stove cooked hot choc and a board game. duck off. Poor kids prob just want to sit on their mums phone and play games like normal kids do.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
And also that big empty space above the fireplace needs a big mirror or something
In that picture today the house looks really old fashioned and not in a good way. It looks old and manky. As for them out doing the gardening then back in to an old stove cooked hot choc and a board game. duck off. Poor kids prob just want to sit on their mums phone and play games like normal kids do.
They can’t because she is permanently on it!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
We rented for many, many years before we could afford to buy. When we rented, the whole family definitely called the garden "our" garden - why wouldn't we? It would sound incredibly odd to refer to it as "[insert name of landlord/landlady]'s garden". Our landlady always said to us "it's my house, but it's your home", which I think is a lovely sentiment.

There may be many reasons to criticise Lauren, but there's nothing wrong with referring to the garden of your rented property as "yours" while you live there and call it your home.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

What a strange comment.

Tenants are responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of a garden like pruning plants and cutting grass. They can put their own plants in containers. Of course they can refer to it as our garden .

People who own property are also merely caretakers for the duration of their stay ,although they ( subject to local authority restrictions) can usually design their garden how they want .

Reactions: 8
What a strange comment.

Tenants are responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of a garden like pruning plants and cutting grass. They can put their own plants in containers. Of course they can refer to it as our garden .

People who own property are also merely caretakers for the duration of their stay ,although they ( subject to local authority restrictions) can usually design their garden how they want .
I don't believe it is a "strange comment" at all. Those who have been on this thread from the beginning will know the shock of finding out she rents, precisely because of the way she misrepresents herself and her life. It is highly relevant to the topics discussed over the past year plus.

Reactions: 10
I don't believe it is a "strange comment" at all. Those who have been on this thread from the beginning will know the shock of finding out she rents, precisely because of the way she misrepresents herself and her life. It is highly relevant to the topics discussed over the past year plus.
I agree. Its most definitely not the fact she rents that anyone has issue with, its the way its just omitted as it doesnt fit with the little image of her oh so perfect family life in the countryside . her little image she projects day in day out is actually fake.

Any normal person with nothing to prove would just say gonna do some gardening today. It had to be 'OUR' garden so she could get the 2 boys in the photo which was basically an ad for the puddlesuits. Its all so contrived.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I agree. Its most definitely not the fact she rents that anyone has issue with, its the way its just omitted as it doesnt fit with the little image of her oh so perfect family life in the countryside . her little image she projects day in day out is actually fake.

Any normal person with nothing to prove would just say gonna do some gardening today. It had to be 'OUR' garden so she could get the 2 boys in the photo which was basically an ad for the puddlesuits. Its all so contrived.
Exactly! We couldn't care less that she rents. It is the fact that she parades her 'country house' for all to see, as though she could ever afford to live there and live that lifestyle. She lies by ommitting to mention that she rents. It is all smoke and mirrors and deceit.

She could own Hampton Court Palace but she’d still be a twit. Couldn’t give two hoots whether she owns or rents it’s the misrepresentation that irks me.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Exactly! We couldn't care less that she rents. It is the fact that she parades her 'country house' for all to see, as though she could ever afford to live there and live that lifestyle. She lies by ommitting to mention that she rents. It is all smoke and mirrors and deceit.
But she can afford to live there - evidently, she already does. Renting is often much more expensive than simply paying off a mortgage.

I just don't get this snobbery regarding owning a property, who cares? Of course she has every right to call the garden theirs, because it's their home - regardless of whether they're paying a landlord/landlady or a bank/mortgage provider in order to live there.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
But she can afford to live there - evidently, she already does. Renting is often much more expensive than simply paying off a mortgage.

I just don't get this snobbery regarding owning a property, who cares? Of course she has every right to call the garden theirs, because it's their home - regardless of whether they're paying a landlord/landlady or a bank/mortgage provider in order to live there.
Why does she pretend to own it though?

• Heart
The only issues I have with her renting is that A) she hides it and B) they chose to move so far away from Archie. At least Cheshire was closer (and the house nicer IMO) but nope, Lauren needed to be close to her free nanny, sorry, I mean her mum.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I found this on her website ...... did she lose a baby ? It’s about leaving Cheshire to move to Ledbury

But all that said… The pull of home, is why we’re moving. We miss Wales. Ollie has the most beautiful relationship with my parents, who really do take the most amazing care of him. With another baby on the way, we want them to grow up close to their adoring family. Of course we have dear friends and precious family in Edinburgh too, we really are quite torn between Scotland and Wales. Thats why we moved to Cheshire, to be between both. In reality, we’re now near neither.

We want to be able to ‘pop over’ for Sunday lunch, without the hassle of weeks of planning. We want to help my grandparents settle into their new house, to make every family party, nights out with friends… Yep… We’re ready to be back where it all started.

Almost the exact same time we found out we were expecting baby number 3, the opportunity came up at work to transfer to the South and Midlands Region. As difficult as it was to leave my excellent team whom I’ve loved working with so much. We took the leap. So, in less than a weeks time, we move house!

We’ve found a lovely little gem of a country cottage in Herefordshire. 400 years old, its all wood burners and beams. Over 2 hours from here, very close to lovely Ledbury and just a short drive to Cheltenham and the Cotswolds. But the best bit….only 20 minutes from Wales!!

It’s with mixed emotions that we’re currently packing up this home. The boxes are taking over and I’m feeling all kinds of emotions. I know I’ll be stroking these walls until the day we leave, absorbing all their stories and precious memories. I pray that we’ll be just as happy in our new home, and that the boys will love it too.

I found this on her website ...... did she lose a baby ? It’s about leaving Cheshire to move to Ledbury

But all that said… The pull of home, is why we’re moving. We miss Wales. Ollie has the most beautiful relationship with my parents, who really do take the most amazing care of him. With another baby on the way, we want them to grow up close to their adoring family. Of course we have dear friends and precious family in Edinburgh too, we really are quite torn between Scotland and Wales. Thats why we moved to Cheshire, to be between both. In reality, we’re now near neither.

We want to be able to ‘pop over’ for Sunday lunch, without the hassle of weeks of planning. We want to help my grandparents settle into their new house, to make every family party, nights out with friends… Yep… We’re ready to be back where it all started.

Almost the exact same time we found out we were expecting baby number 3, the opportunity came up at work to transfer to the South and Midlands Region. As difficult as it was to leave my excellent team whom I’ve loved working with so much. We took the leap. So, in less than a weeks time, we move house!

We’ve found a lovely little gem of a country cottage in Herefordshire. 400 years old, its all wood burners and beams. Over 2 hours from here, very close to lovely Ledbury and just a short drive to Cheltenham and the Cotswolds. But the best bit….only 20 minutes from Wales!!

It’s with mixed emotions that we’re currently packing up this home. The boxes are taking over and I’m feeling all kinds of emotions. I know I’ll be stroking these walls until the day we leave, absorbing all their stories and precious memories. I pray that we’ll be just as happy in our new home, and that the boys will love it too.
Baby number 3 is Rory. She portrayed herself as a "Mum of three".

She also put up posts about Archie calling her "Mummy". I specifically remember as I really felt for Archie's mum and thought it was disrespectful. That was even before I found out about the affair they had under her nose when she was looking after his toddler at home. 😳 When you know that she was shagging Archie's mum's husband, when Archie was barely a toddler, it makes all of the "mum of three" and "Mummy" stuff seem pretty distasteful (for me anyway).

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
When does she pretend to own it? She's never said that they own it.
Given the number of people on these threads who have been shocked that she rents, she certainly must be somehow duping people into thinking she owns her 400 year old cottage which is all 'beams and woodburners".

In fact, having read the snippets of her blog above, I would point out she managed to write an entire piece all about property and moving without using the verbs "renting" or "buying". That would of taken a bit of crafting and thought. If you think that is coincidence and not purposeful, then I believe you would be in the minority and I think you might be on the wrong thread!

You said yourself that you rented for years before you could afford to buy. That's great. No-one is throwing shade here on renting, as mentioned by quite a few Tattlers above. We are (certainly me) simply sick of the fact she isn't transparent and honest, as with all of the aspects of Lauren's life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I followed her for years and I am pretty sure she only mentioned that their place was rented when they had the floor redone in the dining room, I think it was with B&Q or if it wasn’t that was the brand it made me think of 😂 . She hadn’t mentioned it before.
It doesn’t matter one bit that she rents but I think it is just another aspect of her life that isn’t quite what it seems. She could’ve actually maximised this and made it work in her favour as I think a lot of people would have wanted to see how you can make a rented place feel homely and how you can make it your own.

Reactions: 5
I followed her for years and I am pretty sure she only mentioned that their place was rented when they had the floor redone in the dining room, I think it was with B&Q or if it wasn’t that was the brand it made me think of 😂 . She hadn’t mentioned it before.
It doesn’t matter one bit that she rents but I think it is just another aspect of her life that isn’t quite what it seems. She could’ve actually maximised this and made it work in her favour as I think a lot of people would have wanted to see how you can make a rented place feel homely and how you can make it your own.
Fairly certain that she didn't mention it then. Someone wrote ages ago that she mentioned it once when her following was much smaller (and therefore didn't have quite as much of the Hyacinth Bouquet / Margo aura about her!). That floor DIY was the first thing I thought of when I discovered she rented. I had watched all of that and was flooring my home so was particularly interested. When I found out she rented I wondered why she had made such costly and fairly permanent changes to a home she didn't own. Then I remembered, of course, that she didn't pay for any of it and it was just another day of grabby freebies and advertising her life.

And I totally agree about the value saying she rented would of had and that followers would have been interested. She could have even used it as a selling point! What a pity she is too busy keeping up appearances.

I must be mistaken then. I thought she said on her stories that ‘the landlord was happy for us to change this’ but it could’ve been another change that if I were the landlord I’d have been happy that I didn’t have to pay for or install myself!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.