How to find the result of a sentencing?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I recently found out someone I used to know had been accused and pleaded guilty to a crime (sexual assault). I’m so confused about what is public record. Is their any way I can find out what their sentence was? The only thing I found was a newspaper report saying they admitted to it and was bailed last year.

I recently found out someone I used to know had been accused and pleaded guilty to a crime (sexual assault). I’m so confused about what is public record. Is their any way I can find out what their sentence was? The only thing I found was a newspaper report saying they admitted to it and was bailed last year.
I’m not 100% but if you know the court they went to it might have it on the their records?

Reactions: 2
I’m not 100% but if you know the court they went to it might have it on the their records?
I know this is an old post, but wanted to say that if you know what court they were at, you can find out via that website. It think it’s called court rolls, and you can search by date. In some cases (not your friends I wouldn’t think) it’s a closed court, so you probably wouldn’t find out anything. Sadly I heard an awful story about a guy I was at school with. A quick search and it was all there confirmed

Reactions: 1
I know this is an old post, but wanted to say that if you know what court they were at, you can find out via that website. It think it’s called court rolls, and you can search by date. In some cases (not your friends I wouldn’t think) it’s a closed court, so you probably wouldn’t find out anything. Sadly I heard an awful story about a guy I was at school with. A quick search and it was all there confirmed
thanks so much! Funnily enough I was thinking about this again yesterday and then you replied! I’ll have a look for the court rolls

thanks so much! Funnily enough I was thinking about this again yesterday and then you replied! I’ll have a look for the court rolls
If you know the date of the court case or conviction and have the persons name and the court, you should be able to get the information.

You can usually find the court listings online for your local one. Google the court and the Law Pages lists each day.

The Court Serve website is good for daily court listings and this type of thing. You just have to sign up with your email address..

If you know the date of the court case or conviction and have the persons name and the court, you should be able to get the information.
You can usually find the court listings online for your local one. Google the court and the Law Pages lists each day.
The Court Serve website is good for daily court listings and this type of thing. You just have to sign up with your email address..
Thanks guys, I had a look on the Law Pages but it only goes back to April 2021. Court Serve didn’t allow me access to old stuff either.

Maybe I’m being completely stupid!

Obviously I won’t say the name and exact date but it was Sheffield Crown Court and sentencing was set for Aug 2019. Any ideas?

If it was big enough to make local news and their name isn't John Smith or similar then a Google search of just the name and "sentenced" often works.

ETA although you have probably already tried this

If it was big enough to make local news and their name isn't John Smith or similar then a Google search of just the name and "sentenced" often works.

ETA although you have probably already tried this
I did indeed, sadly nothing!
Only goes back one year unfortunately.

Ive emailed the local paper that first reported that he’d plead guilty (they had no follow up because he was sentenced on a different day). Fingers crossed.

Hello lovely. You can always email the court and ask? They might put you through to someone else or give you a number but it’s worth a shot. My sister was killed by a drunk driver so I know the courts can be horrendous. Sending love to you x

• Heart
Hello lovely. You can always email the court and ask? They might put you through to someone else or give you a number but it’s worth a shot. My sister was killed by a drunk driver so I know the courts can be horrendous. Sending love to you x
Thanks for the advice, so sorry about your sister ♥

• Heart