How to deal with ass kissing coworkers.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought I’d ask about your thoughts on this since it’s bothering me big time... I’ve got one or two co workers that kiss our deputies and managers arse big time.. It’s horrific! It’s really really bothering me! They sit around drinking tea all day and nobody says anything but as soon as the unpopular people have a cuppa they get belted! I have to say that the ass kissers are always creeping up to our boss, like baking stuff for the department etc.. As soon as our manager asks: Can anybody help they are the first ones to scream: HEEEEERE!! 🤢🤢🤢

There are people in my department that have been there for over 7 years and still don’t kiss ass! I really don’t get it? Why do it?

Reactions: 2
Ewww you get them everywhere, I remember them where I used to work, I've spotted them at interviews too and hubby has them where he works I've even witnessed one at his work it was 🤢🤢🤢

I personally think the managers know exactly what's going on and probably think its pretty funny. Try to ignore them and stay true to yourself.

Reactions: 2
Yes it can be annoying. Especially when you can tell they are trying to be desperately competitive. I worked with someone same age, same level of experience and capability would almost launch themselves out of their chair when boss would say casually to the team (10+ in a room) anything like "does anyone know how t change the print settings on Excel". It became so prolific that this person always beat you to the punch. Made me feel bad at first as we were both employed at the same time so it was easier to feel like we were being directly compared all the time. I felt conscious that the boss would think I didn't know anything or didn't care to offer. But then I started to see the eyebrow raising and eyerolls from other older longer serving members of the team when it kept happening so I guessed I was fine in the shadows anyway. From what I know of the person, they used to be fiercely competitive with their sibling.

It is sickening to see it though, especially in team meetings when suck ups essentially parrot the manager in from of everyone as if you needed to hear it twice.

I've just learned to keep on with doing a good job and let the good feedback from colleagues speak for me. I'd hate to be a suck up.

God I work with two people like this
today alone we where asked the other day to make some mini muffins as a fund raiser-one almost fell off her chair in her haste to put herself forward
roll on to this morning and hers had to be the best-and loads of them (they where foul and didn’t sell-but they did look pretty)
i just roll my eyes
shes lazy takes all the credit for others work/ideas and just wants to slide up the ladder but doesn’t want to work for it
thankfully some of us are moving to another store and she’s going to move with them
the other has kids (which is fine-most of us do)
but hers are better at everything than ours are
shes better than us all (she’s really not-she has a shady past and would sell her kids if it mean moving up the ladder-and she’d sell her granny if it got her up another rung)
she sucks the bosses balls like it’s going out of fashion
all cos she wants his job
which isn’t going to happen cos he’ll never leave his job-he gets paid for doing duck all
we all have their measure…
I think they do it cos outside of work they are nothing but inside of work they both think they are god
they really ain’t

• Sick
Reactions: 1
Ewww you get them everywhere, I remember them where I used to work, I've spotted them at interviews too and hubby has them where he works I've even witnessed one at his work it was 🤢🤢🤢

I personally think the managers know exactly what's going on and probably think its pretty funny. Try to ignore them and stay true to yourself.
Omg my manager loves the brown nosing 😩 she takes full advantage of those people. I’m always glad if I don’t work with the ass kissers cause it literally makes me sick.. If I hear their voice it makes me roll my eyes 😂😂 It’s all arsekissing nothing else.

Yes it can be annoying. Especially when you can tell they are trying to be desperately competitive. I worked with someone same age, same level of experience and capability would almost launch themselves out of their chair when boss would say casually to the team (10+ in a room) anything like "does anyone know how t change the print settings on Excel". It became so prolific that this person always beat you to the punch. Made me feel bad at first as we were both employed at the same time so it was easier to feel like we were being directly compared all the time. I felt conscious that the boss would think I didn't know anything or didn't care to offer. But then I started to see the eyebrow raising and eyerolls from other older longer serving members of the team when it kept happening so I guessed I was fine in the shadows anyway. From what I know of the person, they used to be fiercely competitive with their sibling.

It is sickening to see it though, especially in team meetings when suck ups essentially parrot the manager in from of everyone as if you needed to hear it twice.

I've just learned to keep on with doing a good job and let the good feedback from colleagues speak for me. I'd hate to be a suck up.
Oh you can definitely tell this person at my work is competitive. She started a good year after me and is constantly trying to out do me in every possible way.. I book on a course and zoooom guess who tries to book on the same course and do it better, smart arse is!

God I work with two people like this
today alone we where asked the other day to make some mini muffins as a fund raiser-one almost fell off her chair in her haste to put herself forward
roll on to this morning and hers had to be the best-and loads of them (they where foul and didn’t sell-but they did look pretty)
i just roll my eyes
shes lazy takes all the credit for others work/ideas and just wants to slide up the ladder but doesn’t want to work for it
thankfully some of us are moving to another store and she’s going to move with them
the other has kids (which is fine-most of us do)
but hers are better at everything than ours are
shes better than us all (she’s really not-she has a shady past and would sell her kids if it mean moving up the ladder-and she’d sell her granny if it got her up another rung)
she sucks the bosses balls like it’s going out of fashion
all cos she wants his job
which isn’t going to happen cos he’ll never leave his job-he gets paid for doing duck all
we all have their measure…
I think they do it cos outside of work they are nothing but inside of work they both think they are god
they really ain’t
Yep me co worker is exactly the same, maybe it’s the same person 😂😂 Lazy as f** but constantly trying to put do it, in my job we aren’t allowed to wear jewellery except a wedding ring, guess who wears two rings and has their hair down? Yep her! Other unpopular people get told off straight away! It’s disgusting!!! One of my work colleagues that’s been there for over 15 years has quite a few course badges on her uniform, guess who has exactly the same badges after just 1 year working at the place? Yep arsekisser!!! I joke with her now and again and she tells me to shut up 😨 Then after my shift tries to hug me 😡😡😡

Last edited:
  • Sick
I think some people just like to be helpful BUT there is a fine line.
The thing that annoys me more than anything is when somebody takes the credit fir your hard work and you can’t say anything because if you do YOU will look like the asshole.

I think some people just like to be helpful BUT there is a fine line.
The thing that annoys me more than anything is when somebody takes the credit fir your hard work and you can’t say anything because if you do YOU will look like the asshole.
Don’t get me wrong but there’s a line between helpful and kissing ass... We have some absolutely amazing staff where I work, very helpful always doing things but they don’t suck up to management! These people get overlooked so so often. I’m always doing the dirty work but that never gets seen and it’s really getting up my nose! Without wanting to come across as childish but it’s starting to wind me up! It’s unfair to the hard workers! Especially since we are rarely off sick and the if we are we have a valid reason, we don’t stay at home because of a little cough or a cold!