How the world could change to be better after coronavirus

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How about some positive changes that may come about post coronavirus?

Citizens wage to replace almost all benefits. Saving all that bureaucracy and with the coming automation so many jobs will be lost and something will need to be done to keep society running along. For many people there's not really a safety net as unless you have children you're given a pittance. Something needs to be done about working tax credits as it destroys aspirations and discourages people from getting promoted or doing more hours.

Seeing houses as homes. Property is ridiculously overpriced and seen as an investment vehicle. It's only kept up high as interest rates are near zero and they've invented schemes to keep it high. It's crazy people that were lucky enough to buy at the right time are encouraged to remortgage then pump into buy to let. It's a Ponzi scheme and causing missery.

Modernise the NHS. It isn't the envy of the world and most other westen European countries have far better health services. People need to accept times have moved on since it was founded. This refusal to ever accept any changes to it is destroying it. People are quick to say any changes will make it like the us system when that's the worst system that no one wants and instead we could look to system closer to home like the French one.

Just a few ideas to make the world a better place :)

Reactions: 13
Keep fuel at a lower price.

Where I live diesel is currently 110 and petrol is 104. Whilst there isn’t such a demand for it at the moment as people aren’t doing the car journeys they usually would, it clearly shows that fuel doesn’t need to be at such a high price as it was a few weeks ago. One garage was selling diesel at 135.

Reactions: 3
I think fuel is a complicated supply chain and crashed due to Saudi Arabia flooding the market. I believe oil is cheap for them to extract it just sucking up from the sand. Heavy crude in Venezuela or North sea oil is much more expensive to extract and supply I believe.

Petrol has fallen to 103.9 here. I filled up the tank at 118.9 and since then the car has not moved and won't be anytime soon 😂

Everyone washing their hands properly 😂 The amount of people that I used to see not wash their hands after using toilets was shocking o_O

• Heart
Reactions: 23
People being far less materialistic and the end of the influencer fad promoting shiz no one really needs

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I think it may change a lot of parents attitudes towards homeschooling and hopefully contribute towards ending this constant academic pressure on kids... Also I'm hoping the working classes that have sustained this situation will band together and demand better treatment, money etc. This has proved that life shouldn't be about working yourself to the bone and we shouldn't accept it as so.

Reactions: 8
I saw this on Instagram... a lot to think about. This could seriously effect the future

View attachment 101352
Yes to number 1, we were told our job could never be done from home (call centre but admin based, rarely on the phone). We've also been told since we've been working from home that a lot of trust has been placed in us. Sums it up really, surely you start from a place of trust till proven otherwise!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
The end of needy, fame hungry influencers, who would sell their soul to any brand #gifted

• Heart
Reactions: 25
People not touching me . I also think the way gps will change the way they practice . A lot less waiting rooms full of people ( there is at my surgery ). I hope they keep the protective screens up for shop works . My husband works in a petrol station, and says it’s something they have always wanted .
More people washing their hands and less D&V bugs .

Reactions: 8
I really do believe that people will realise that they don't need so much of everything.

I'm in a location where everything is locked down for non-essential workers - although non-essential workers can venture out for exercise, to the supermarket if they must, and to the pharmacy as well as medical appointments - and life really does feel much better. Most (definitely not all) people can work from home or make their situation work in some way, and lots of people I've talked to (on the phone and Skype) have said maybe this isn't such a bad thing after all.

From my perspective the air definitely feels cleaner, the world seems quieter, and there seem to be more birds out and about.

My thoughts are with those battling this awful illness though, and I really hope the gurus find a cure soon.

A&E waiting rooms are empty!

People are only going if it is an actual emergancy and not because they have had a sore toe for 6 weeks that needs looking at urgently even though it's 3am...
It's not full of drunks who have been in fights/fallen over/passed out at the weekend.

I do hope that no one has suffered at home longer than they should or even died because they were too scared to go to A&E though but I doubt we'll ever really know that.

I know someone who was due to fly to Ireland for a meeting, when Ireland went into lock down they couldn't go so did the meeting over Skype from the office in Manchester instead. Why wasn't that the case in the first place?
Saves money and is better for the environment. I hope this makes companies think twice about this type of thing and letting more people work from home, reducing the amount of cars on the road.

Reactions: 7
A&E waiting rooms are empty!

People are only going if it is an actual emergancy and not because they have had a sore toe for 6 weeks that needs looking at urgently even though it's 3am...
It's not full of drunks who have been in fights/fallen over/passed out at the weekend.

I do hope that no one has suffered at home longer than they should or even died because they were too scared to go to A&E though but I doubt we'll ever really know that.

I know someone who was due to fly to Ireland for a meeting, when Ireland went into lock down they couldn't go so did the meeting over Skype from the office in Manchester instead. Why wasn't that the case in the first place?
Saves money and is better for the environment. I hope this makes companies think twice about this type of thing and letting more people work from home, reducing the amount of cars on the road.
I agree that less people are showing up to A&E for non-emergencies, but I feel like the NHS will need to be better funded and organised to sustain this. I tried to make an appointment with my GP a few weeks ago, which has a stupid system of needing to phone at 8am to get an appointment on the day. After a week of not being able to get an appointment despite phoning on the dot, I asked to pre-book an appointment as the issue wasn’t urgent. The receptionist told me the earliest was in 8 weeks time!

So while I don’t condone going to A&E for minor issues, I can understand why some people get frustrated and show up, and I imagine a lot will do the same again when they’re not worried about catching a potentially fatal virus. That is unless the government learns its lesson and funds the NHS better - I’ll be shocked if they don’t!

Reactions: 4
People appreciate seeing their friends and family and spending quality time with them.

People will realise life is not all "go go go" and we should take a step back and reflect.

I think a lot of people have realised the value of exercise and this will continue.

I really hope the community/society feeling of togetherness will continue and people will be kinder to one another.

This is a personal one for me. I want to learn never to take anything for granted and really try and enjoy every moment for what it is. Life can change in the blink of an eye and so drastically!

Reactions: 7
Have people noticed any positive changes now things are beginning to open up again?

I prefer the idea of pre-booking attractions (I'm not very spontaneous and like to plan everything in advance). I like the idea that there are only limited number of tickets so hopefully places won't be too crowded.
I think this will be helpful for the organisations too ,as they know how busy they will be and can have staffing and catering to suit demand.

Reactions: 5
I think 2020 will end up being one of my best years. It's made me stop, take stock and realise what is important. Its made me set boundaries that were very much needed and made me be honest with others. I was always scared to do so but everyone has been fine with it. I've appreciated a quieter pace of life. I like that places are having to be less crowded. I've lived how me and my neighbours have gotten to know each other better and the sense of comaradarie we have.

I did like how unselfish the majority of people were and I hope this continues.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I think 2020 will end up being one of my best years. It's made me stop, take stock and realise what is important. Its made me set boundaries that were very much needed and made me be honest with others. I was always scared to do so but everyone has been fine with it. I've appreciated a quieter pace of life. I like that places are having to be less crowded. I've lived how me and my neighbours have gotten to know each other better and the sense of comaradarie we have.

I did like how unselfish the majority of people were and I hope this continues.
I wish they would stay unselfish... too many are out and about and crowding beaches now it is hot. They have been told and reminded so often,so crowding beaches and other places seems selfish to me.

Reactions: 1
It’s interesting looking back at this thread a few months later, now that businesses are reopening.
I do think that people are taking stock of what they have and slowing down their pace of life a little.
I may be in the minority but I like pubs limiting their numbers and queuing to go in. once I am in, I have a seat and it’s not rammed.
I would like to compare answers in a few years when the pandemic is (hopefully!) over.

How the world could change for the better after coronavirus:
1. People will be more hygienic and actually wash their hands after using the toilet.
2. People won’t come as close to you, it’s nice for your own personal space back.
3. People will be less materialistic, mainly because they’re losing their jobs and can’t afford the same stuff they used to!
4. People will appreciate family/friends/loved ones more. Being away from the ones you love makes you realise how valuable time is when you’re with them.
5. Spending less, being in lockdown has made me realise that I spend far too much money on tit I don’t need, I now only go shopping when I NEED to.
6. Healthier, being without takeaways has made me realise I don’t need them and it is better to have home cooked meals. I’ve also been on long walks which I never used to do.
7. Realising hobbies, I’ve noticed things I enjoy doing and have got back into them.
8. It’s been like a holiday, I had a baby at the end of September and I’ve only in the past week gone back to work. I’ve had nearly a year off work and it feels like therapy, it feels like my brain has been refreshed. I feel like my whole outlook on life has changed. I appreciate things more and don’t take things for granted.

this list is mainly what benefits me but I’m sure others can relate to some I’ve listed.