How organised are you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just curious how organised you all are. Are you a Marie Kondo type or just throw it in a draw kind? I must admit I am a bit organised but no way near Marie Kondo standards although I have put my cereal in glass jars. :giggle:

I'm pretty organised, I like things to have a home. But, our garage and sheds are a state at the moment and there's a few things chucked in some cupboards as we haven't sorted them yet, or don't know what to do to sort!

I've watched some Marie Kondo, and This Girl Can Organise etc, I'm not sure I could ever live like that...

If I ever had a pantry though (if we ever have the money to convert the garage, we're bloody having one!), then I would totally have all the labelled jars, neatly stacked boxes/tins etc 😍

Reactions: 2
Very disorganized but trying to be better.

I cleaned out my airing cupboard and binned 90% of it the other day and I keep opening it to be in awe of how amazing it is empty.

Slowly clearing out the loft to not use it at all and it's funny how much better it makes me feel knowing there's less stuff in it. Going forward I'm not going to be storing anything I don't use regularly. My dream is to have so little stuff I could just move out in half an hour :D

Reactions: 7
I’d say I’m pretty organised. We have 2 boys, work full time and don’t have a cleaner #firstworldproblem I’m sure I’ll survive ;) so to keep on top of things ,as the original poster commented, I like things to have a home, although I don’t decant cereal into glass jars or use a labelling machine

My downstairs is show home standard most of the day, I'm always tidying and cleaning it and doing regular declutters. The storage isn't organised but everything has a home and nothing is overflowing. It has an extension so is bigger than upstairs.
My upstairs is a TIP, x2 box rooms, plus my room is small, landing and bathroom small. Theres 5 of us and there's just too much stuff! Clothes everywhere , storage systems full to bursting. It looks like a teenagers bedroom from the landing into every room

However today, all 5 of us are sorting it! Lots of tip runs. Can't wait for it to be zen like and only take 30 mins to sort out rather than a whole day!!

Reactions: 1
I'd say I can only be organised in one area at a time. Either kids/ home or me. These days I'm most organised with the kids followed by my home then me. I'm going back to my career in september when my youngest starts school and I'm worried it will end up being a priority over my children.

Not very...i'am in regards fo housework etc ( 4kids and pets) but paperwork and stuff I'm awful..procrastination is my middle name!

Last edited:
Not very...i'm in regards fo housework etc ( 4kids and pets) but paperwork and stuff I'm awful..procrastination is my middle name!
Me too I always joke that I should to go to pracrastinators anonymous but keep putting it off ha ha

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I used to be a organised person but lately I've let things slip I used to write lists everything had a place I couldn't go bed without the house tidied,I really need to sort myself out and get back into my old ways for my sanity

I'm very organised but I have a pretty calm life and I only live with my boyfriend who is the same. I am one of those people though that just gets things done straight away because if I don't it'll never get done!

I'm about 80/20 I'd say. The majority of the house is clean, tidy and organised but there are a few cupboards that could definitely do with sorting out. ESPECIALLY the airing cupboard 🤦‍♀️

I'm very organised. I love cleaning and tidying cupboards and drawers etc., in my house everything has a place as I hate clutter.
Every so often I de-clutter our wardrobes, the airing cupboard and kitchen cupboards.
I find keeping the house organised, clean and tidy very therapeutic.

I’m reasonably organised. Is it just me or do those Organised Mum Method/Mrs Hinch type accounts give give anyone else the creeps? There’s a bit of a Stepford Wife/Instagram perfect/Fake idea of what life should look like. Shouldn’t we be smashing up the patriarchy instead of polishing everything and putting all our dry goods in pretty jars?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m reasonably organised. Is it just me or do those Organised Mum Method/Mrs Hinch type accounts give give anyone else the creeps? There’s a bit of a Stepford Wife/Instagram perfect/Fake idea of what life should look like. Shouldn’t we be smashing up the patriarchy instead of polishing everything and putting all our dry goods in pretty jars?
Yes! I haven't ever looked at TOM but Mrs Hinch appears to live in a showhome and that's not reality. I also dislike the cleaning for a woman type thing. 🙄

Reactions: 4
Yes! I dont like either for different reasons!

Absolutely this! So long as my house is clean that beats decluttering and decanting and showroom style. I don't want it perfect i want it tidy and hygienic that will do for me.