How much do you spend per month?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes in envelopes

Then for example I will pay my car insurance on my credit card and use the money in envelope to pay cc bill

Reactions: 2
I am another fan of 0 based budgeting. So I give myself anywhere between £100 - £150 for the month. Unfortunately most of that has ended up on take aways and expensive skincare as my rosacea has made a come back.

Mine is all based online. I spend on my reward credit card and move the money manually out of pots.

Reactions: 1
I envy all of you that are so good with your money. I am absolutely terrible. I should be in a strong financial position but money has always blown a hole in my pocket. I've also always had a 'we could all die tomorrow' outlook rather than saving for a rainy day. Tbh, with Covid happening I sometimes wish I'd done even more. I love eating out, going to the cinema, going to the theatre, going to expensive gigs and getting good seats. I don't have regrets because I've done so many amazing things but it means I don't have the financial security I should and will probably never be able to retire.

Reactions: 9
After paying mortgage, bills, petrol, subscriptions, gym, holiday savings etc I have 300 I have in a separate bank account. Currently saving 100 a month for a holiday so that gives me 200 fun money which I usually spend on skin care and clothes when needed. I have a Monzo account so holiday and Xmas savings go into locked pots so I can't access it til a certain date

After paying mortgage, bills, petrol, subscriptions, gym, holiday savings etc I have 300 I have in a separate bank account. Currently saving 100 a month for a holiday so that gives me 200 fun money which I usually spend on skin care and clothes when needed. I have a Monzo account so holiday and Xmas savings go into locked pots so I can't access it til a certain date
Sorry to jump on your post. I've seen so many people talking about Monzo recently, is it worth swapping banks to them? Everyone seems to have such good things to say! I'd not really heard of it before, until it seemed every man and his dog had it!

Around 500. On everything I need and transfer the rest into savings or buy myself treats hehe.

Sorry to jump on your post. I've seen so many people talking about Monzo recently, is it worth swapping banks to them? Everyone seems to have such good things to say! I'd not really heard of it before, until it seemed every man and his dog had it!
I still have my main Santander account for bills mortgage etc and have the Monzo as a second account. I plan to swap soon but need to pay my overdraft off first lol. I really rate Monzo tho, easy to set up and the app is brilliant. Can use it abroad too and draw money out free upto a certain amount

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I still have my main Santander account for bills mortgage etc and have the Monzo as a second account. I plan to swap soon but need to pay my overdraft off first lol. I really rate Monzo tho, easy to set up and the app is brilliant. Can use it abroad too and draw money out free upto a certain amount
That's great, thank you!