How much do you spend on your food shop?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
and what supermarket do you go to?

I spend between £25-£30 a wk depending on what I need eg if I need wash powder, cleaning products etc. It varies where I shop depending on what I want because some shops don't sell everything.

A lot less now I’ve started meal planning, no more wasted food as well so it’s great. I mainly shop in Aldi or Lidl and spend approx £45 pounds a week for us all- forgot to say there’s 3 of us

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
£60-£80 a week for 2 adults 2 young kids. I shop from Sainsburys and do it online. I find ordering it online helps me stick to a budget a plan the weeks meals. Then when the meals are on the list I add things like bread, milk, fruit and treats.

Reactions: 1
I work for Tescos and get 10% off however from March/ April i will get 15% for a week after payday). I have 3 children and can easily spend £80 a week minus discount. As i work nights too we quite often get free food if its gone past its use by date and it hasnt been sold so we do save some money. I don't find any supermarket to be cheaper than others, every supermarket has items cheaper than their competitors.

Reactions: 3
I shop online it ranges between £80-£100, and then a £20 top up in the week.
I know it could be significantly less but my husband is a brand bleep 🙄

edit to add that I shop at Tesco’s but I do Waitrose when they send coupons! We’re a family of four and a cat 🐈

• Haha
We spend between £90-£130 per week for a family of four.

I meal plan and shop offers etc but we are big foodies and enjoy cooking so we tend to spend quite a bit on food.

We spend between 30 and 50 a week depending on what we need. That's for 3 of us and mainly shopping at lidl.

$100-$150/57 GBP - 85 GBP a week, it really just depends. If we need laundry detergent, etc, then it can add up to more.

I'll shop in Aldi, Lidl, Asda and the NHS food discount store. I meal plan for all meals, some weeks it'll be £50 sometimes more. We are a family of 3 L, my daughter is 16 now. We all take lunch to school/work also.

£90-£110 per week. 2 adults, 2 children. Kids have allergies, so we go through quite a lot of alternative milk. Dairy free yogurt too. Youngest gets lunch at nursery, the rest of us have packed lunches made at home.

I probably could spend less if I needed to. I buy things like cans of fizzy in bulk at the cash and carry for the adults to take a can to work for lunch etc to save us spending at work.

I tend to get one online order from Morrisons or Tesco. I then buy a few different bits and bobs from Aldi & Lidl. I go to Costco every one or two months.

£15-£20 a week - I live alone, I don’t eat meat at home & I take lunch to work also. I mainly shop at Aldi/Sainsburys and anything I can’t get from there I get from Waitrose as it’s within walking distance of work. I meal plan to avoid waste & one weekend a month I’ll batch cook a few meals for the freezer. This spend doesn’t include any cleaning/household products.

Reactions: 5
There are four of us eating as adults (or more than adults actually for my teens) and I I typically spend between £70-80 a week at aldi, and then another tenner on topping up plus DH will buy stuff from his budget at either waitrose/sainsbo that I can't get at aldi. I make many things from scratch, including all our bread etc, so I dont know why it is so much - I think because my family expect a lot of food and dont like the cheaper options.

Asda - 90 pounds on 19th Jan
Tesco - 85 pounds today (2nd Feb)
Tesco in the mean time - 30 quid
Two adults and pets

honestly we was about £130 a week in Tesco last year and getting 4/5 bags full (no joke)
I know shop locally butchers green grocer and for biscuits crisps I do Lidl and it’s not even £50 a week.

• Wow
I do a weekly online order delivered on a Monday and it’s normally around £90, then do a top up for the weekend... normally around £30. We are 2 adults and 1 toddler. Normally shop at Tesco or Waitrose

4 person household here (2 growing teens!)
Used to be about £90-£120 a week. Now budgeting has kicked in we spend £60 a week on food plus £40-£60 a month on laundry/pet food & toiletries. We meal prep every Sunday and don’t waste anything nowadays like we used too. I shop online at ASDA so always within budget. Aldi is so dangerous for middle isle tit 😂

This weekend alone we've spent £110 Ocado, £45 butchers, £20 Tesco and £90 pub lunch (and I went out for dinner Friday £30). This is why I will never have any savings!

• Haha