How much do you spend on food shopping?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Two adults, I shop fortnightly and spend £100 a month split between Aldi and Iceland with extra bread and milk when needed

Reactions: 1
Yeah you’re right - no take always either so £ for £ it all evens out I guess. Still feel I’ve got shares in the company though. Thankfully back down to about £160 a week now. God I miss popping to the shops for a mooch around after work 🥺
That's what I miss too, just stopping off somewhere on the way home to have a wander whilst it's fairly quiet. I'm working from home, have been since mid march so after work now I wander round the garden thinking about all the things I'd like from all the shops I'd like to wander round 🤷

• Heart
Reactions: 4
2 adults 2 kids under 5, we used to spend 60 a week, now spending between 70-100.

This thread has made me feel much better about our shopping bill lately, as we seem to be at the lower end of spending.

Family of 5 plus 2 dogs. Only cook from scratch, obviously lots of fruit and veg, we don’t drink alcohol but we are suckers for snacks!

Before lockdown usually £65-75 a week.

Now more around £90-100. The highest was £125 with dog food and toiletries.

My eldest usually has school dinners twice a week which is £5, and my husband usually buys lunch every day so about £20 a week. So really our bill change just takes that in to account, plus the extra snacks needed since nobody is going to grandparents after school while I work.

Family of five and spending about £120 a week, which has gone up by about £30 a week. That includes nappies, wipes, cleaning products etc. We are drinking a little more than before lockdown but only a few beers each a week nothing major. We couldn’t afford to eat out or get coffees out before lockdown so that hasn’t changed for us. We always take packed lunch to work so that’s not changed either. I talk to people and they say how much they are saving. We aren’t at all, if anything we are spending more because I’m sure the cost of groceries has increased. It makes me realise that actually we are very frugal and good with money compared to most.

Reactions: 3
We spend between 40-60 a week for 2 adults at Aldi. Although has crept up to 55-70 since lockdown. Does anyone else feel prices have gone up?
We spent about the same as you in Aldi or Lidl, definitely noticed the price has jumped up a bit!

Reactions: 2
We are a family of seven, three adults and four children and spend roughly £60 in sainsburies, £20 at off license, £20 a coop and might have one takeaway a week or fortnight. We cook from scratch almost everyday and we also do a meat order for £54 a month and fruit and veg a fortnight for £26 x

Reactions: 2
£150 per week for 2 adults and a 3 and 4 year old. Spend it at a supermarket and butchers for meat

About £130 a week Ocado, with a top up of about £30. We’re a family of four. Definitely spending more since lockdown and all meals eaten at home.

We spend around £250 at Aldi & Tesco per month for 2 adults including alcohol (I need gin and wine during lockdown). We are both working from home so are eating all meals at home. I think it helps that I am veggie and my partner eats very little meat so that helps keep the cost down.

Before lockdown I got a weekly shop delivered from Tesco it would be £80-£100 per week, I’d probably spend another £20 on fresh fruit and bread in the week. I also spend £4 a week with the milk man.

Now I’m doing a click and collect at Asda which is about £120-£140 a week and then nipping to Tesco for whatever hasnt been supplied or subbed this is usually £30-£60. Still getting milk from the milkman so £4.

The jump has been a lot but we’ve saved in other ways with being home so it balances out I guess.

We spend around £300 a week for 2 adults and 3 children but we tend to make everything from scratch and my children eat fruit and vegetables like it’s going out of fashion so we always need a constant supply of that.

So family of 4 we would spend about £75 before lockdown just on food , now it’s well over £100 then I spend like £60 a month of cleaning stuff 🥴 and I’m constantly buying bread and milk from the shop😩

I spend roughly £50 every ten days for 1 full time adult, another part time adult and part time child 😁. Always Aldi

• Wow
for 3 adults, 2 Cats ours has been averaging £90 on the main shop, £16 veg/fruit/salad box then about £30 meat/milk bits we forgot each week.
It's def gone up during lockdown as we arnt shopping around as much

I always found those weeks pre-lockdown where I would go Sainsburies where only food is bought, I could get it under 50 quid for 2 adults. But any week where all the household products plus toiletries run out....it can almost double. And then there's the homeware section :eek:

Pre lockdown an average week would be about 75 pounds for 2 adults ( with not many toiletries). During lockdown it has been local Co Op stops and buying some stuff like bulk jams, crisps, flour, fizzy pop etc online, so easily over 100. Am working my way up to going to the supermarket now.

£50/60 ish a week... 2 adults, a dog and a 5 month old...but we buy the dog a massive bag of food which normally lasts a few months, little one is only formula at the moment so expect that to go up when he’s on solids...plus that doesn’t include all our meat because we bulk buy at the butchers every couple of months so really if you were to add that in it’d be more

It's getting OUT OF CONTROL. Pre-Corona it was £100 a week at Morrisons, though granted my breakfast was provided at work and we both ate out for lunch.

Somehow we (2 adults and a dog) are now managing to spend £160 a week at Aldi. We are drinking and snacking a fair bit more, but still... £160...at Aldi... I don't know how.

2 adults I used to spend £40-£50 a week but often bought lunch or coffees out. We are both key workers but taking everything with us and am spending around £60-£70 a week. I shop in Aldi £50ish but get individual fruit, salad, veg box once a fortnight at £10 each.
My sister is a family of 4 and spending £170 a week so will be pleased to know she isn’t alone.