How much do you spend on food shopping?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pre-lockdown around £60-70 a week for 2 adults and a 3 year old. Now hovering around the £100 mark. My husband is furloughed and he would usually be working away a lot and eating on company expenses. And my son got breakfast and lunch at nursery every day. So I can see where the jump has come from. Although we're saving a fortune in nursery fees and fuel for 2 cars commuting every day so I guess not a huge issue. I do still cringe when I see the total on the scanner though!!!!

Reactions: 2
i will be spending a whole lot less now that the 18 year old eating machine has moved out.😂

• Haha
Guys I have been brave this week and decided not to do our weekly food shop. We have lots of stuff at home that we can use to make meals. We have meats in the freezer, tinned tomatoes and sweetcorn etc. I just can't be bothered to queue at Asda or other shops for hours. Also we always buy a little extra each week so we have food at home that we can cook creatively lol.

We spent £100 last weekend for 2 people which has lasted us this week and will take over next week. Fingers crossed!

I spend about £50-£60 a week for two adults. We both do shift work so have a lot of our meals seperately (lots of pasta, rice, noodles when we are at work as its easy) but if we are home together a lot during the week then we spend more as get nicer dinners & more fresh ingredients. We actually spent more before lockdown but we were going shopping every couple of days & would just get things on a whim.

I should keep track more on what I spend, at the moment I split my shop between so many places over the month. Lidl, Aldi, Morrisons, Asda, Mark & Spencer’s, Home Bargains, B&M and Amazon. I try to think I do this because I know the best prices of each item I need/ like to buy. I probably spend around £100 a week on 2 adults and a baby. This includes baby stuff, alcohol, cleaning products and toiletries. Definitely a lot more since lockdown.

I probably won’t be very helpful as I still live with my parents but mostly sort my own breakfast lunch and tea as we prefer different things entirely :) and I spend about £30 per week on food :) I’m quite a cheap skate so tend to do a lot of pasta / pizza things like that 😂 then probably about £10 on cat food taking it up to around £40 as I have two of my own cats xxx

And that’s in morrisons which is where I work so I get the discount

I feel like a cheapskate now lol
No more than £30-40 a week for 2 of us and we eat really well! We don’t eat meat but have fish a lot and lots of veggie meals. No alcohol

Since lockdown we've spent loads more on food. I meal plan weekly and we never stray from it. Each week has a fish night and 2 veggie nights. Recently in Aldi I've been £80 a week and pre lock down the most was £50, 2 adults and a 16 year old.

About £150 a week. Pre lockdown an additional £300+ approx eating out, but food is our luxury and pleasure.

2 adults + 1 child £120 a week Aldi plus maybe £30-£40 top up tesco. Does us brekkie, dinner & tea with fresh ingredients plus household stuff. Every couple weeks will top up candles and cleaning supplies £30 maybe?
Also around £60 per week feeding 2 large dogs on raw