How much do you spend on food shopping?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So looking through some of the other threads I’m worried my spending isn’t normal on food shopping every week 🙈

We’re obviously spending a lot more in lockdown as we’ve gone from both having breakfast and lunch in work and eating out on weekends, to eating 3 meals a day at home. But I’m spending between £100 and £130 a week for 2 adults - usually £70ish in Aldi and £30-60 in Tesco (before lockdown it was £70/£80 a week and a LOT more on eating out). It does usually involve wine and beer, and I do cook a lot of new recipes from scratch with nice ingredients but I think that might be a lot! I’d be really interested to know how much you all spend?! Xx

Reactions: 4
Interesting topic, I now spend a lot more on groceries but given that coffees and meals out have drastically reduced i bet is still lower than before.
We’re a family of 3, before I used Asda but as it’s impossible to get a slot I had to use Ocado (preggo so don’t want to go to supermarket).
It’s a lot more expensive and our bill per week is around 140. We do throw the odd small toy/book/bubbles on the basket For my little one and I have to get all the toiletries too (before we’d probably go to boots once a week but now has to go all under Ocado).
I love grocery shopping, I am so boring 😜

Reactions: 4
About the same as you which is also for 2 adults. We buy a lot of fresh food, multipack cans of Pepsi max and things like that for the fridge, cat food, fresh meat. It all adds up. We could probably spend less but we’re lucky in that we don’t need to limit our spending so we just buy what we want and cringe at the till haha

Reactions: 1
We’re having a nightmare, used to speak around about £60 a week in Aldi but since lockdown started we’re probably up to about £120 a week between Aldi and Sainsbury’s/Waitrose/M&S. We are drinking (a lot) more though 😬 That’s not including me deciding that we need to support local businesses so having the odd takeaway or buying beers etc from local bars that have opened as bottle shops. Nothing is going to waste though and we’ve both lost a bit of weight so have no idea what’s going on 😂 Same as above we are fortunate we don’t have to watch our money and we’re not going out anywhere so literally just chucking in what we fancy and being either pleasantly surprised or a little bit horrified when we get to the till.

[QUOTE="Pegsypog, post: 1451952, member: 34823”
[/QUOTE]
Me too, before lockdown I loved nothing more than a wander round the aisles of Waitrose

Interesting topic, I now spend a lot more on groceries but given that coffees and meals out have drastically reduced i bet is still lower than before.
We’re a family of 3, before I used Asda but as it’s impossible to get a slot I had to use Ocado (preggo so don’t want to go to supermarket).
It’s a lot more expensive and our bill per week is around 140. We do throw the odd small toy/book/bubbles on the basket For my little one and I have to get all the toiletries too (before we’d probably go to boots once a week but now has to go all under Ocado).
Been thinking about it...I think it’s more 170/180 actually as we do stop for fruit and veg at the greengrocers often

About 180 a week. Thats for 2 adults, 6 y/o and 10m old.
That's inc baby formula, nappies, wipes and all hygiene and cleaning products too.
We do normally always have a take away. Always have nice snacks and cans of pop too 😬 Oh and lots of fresh fruit too.

We spend on average £90 a week for 2 adults and a 2 year old. Split between Aldi and Tesco.

• Heart
For the two of us we’re spending a bit more on “proper food” weekly. I’ve also been getting a fresh fruit and veg box from a local place. However, our take away and eating out habit was out of control. Combined with my extreme daily coffee at work/out and about habit we’re saving a lot of money.

Being the weirdo I am I’ve did us an I&E early
In lockdown. From all the £ we’ve been saving on food, coffees, rubbish snacks and travelling to/fro work I’ve been able to get a decent amount of savings started and make monthly overpayments to mortgage.

fully appreciate this is an extremely privileged and fortunate position to be in. I work in public sector in a very safe organisation, however, I’m glad we’ve got the savings behind us now as my partner has had mandatory pay cuts and is on consultation for redundancy. 🤷🏻‍♀️🙄 It can all change so fast these days.

Reactions: 5
During lockdown we have been doing about £90 weekly food shop, with a top up at about £30. Only had one takeaway during lockdown, and that included most toiletries & cleaning stuff.
before lockdown it would be £50/60 weekly, with about £20 top up. We nornally ate out once or twice during the weekend too. And I had lunches provided for me at work.

About 180 a week. Thats for 2 adults, 6 y/o and 10m old.
That's inc baby formula, nappies, wipes and all hygiene and cleaning products too.
We do normally always have a take away. Always have nice snacks and cans of pop too 😬 Oh and lots of fresh fruit too.
We are two adults, 2 kids and 2 extra kids every other weekends and 1 night/day during the week. We spend around £200 a week. We always have plenty of fresh fruit & veg and snacks! I’m hoping it will massively reduce once we aren’t at home 24/7

We budget £450 a month for the food shop for 2 adults, a toddler and a baby (we dont buy formula) that includes nappies toiletries cleaning stuff etc.... we try really hard to stick to it normally but may go a little over.

It doesnt include takeaways or any meals out.

Since lockdown it's been more like 600 some months as we are eating more in the house and drinking more too!

Split usually between Tesco and morrisons and occasional aldi for kids bits and bobs

About 100 a week at Asda for one adult, a 4yo permanently hungry boy and a cat. Pre lockdown it was probably about 60 but we’d have takeaways and we’d eat breakfast and lunch at work/school.

Before lock down or now ?

My ALDI shop this week was £170 . 😮 Didn't even know it was possible to spend that much in there. I didn't even buy any middle aisle shite

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Pre lockdown about £80 a week in asda. Now I'm forced to use tesco I spend about £110 a week. Will be going back to asda asap!

• Haha
Oh my God. I am mortified- 2 adults and we spend £240 per week. We eat very fresh ingredients but I honestly don't know where it goes. We eat out a lot too - so it can be even more. I am glad this is anonymous as I am aware how ridiculous this is!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
If you can afford it and you’re not wasting anything don’t feel guilty....we could spend a lot more but I do try to reign it in a bit 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3