How much disposable income have you got after bills?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if this is already a thread that's been made but was just curious to compare my DI after bills to other people-

I'm 24, and after bills including things like my contact lenses and gym I have £752.50 left, I then put £352.50 into savings to round down my disposable left to £400. Just interested to see if this is average or not! I also don't have children so I am fortunate that this is money just for me, haha..

Reactions: 3
Roughly speaking I have about £1100 after mortgage and bills. Currently paying off a holiday too which is another £200 gone every month until July. Not sure how I spend the remaining £900 to be honest but I always manage it. I should really start being more strict and actually sit down and work out my finances.

My husband and I combine bills/income and at present after household expenses we have a disposable income of around £7500 - that is before we put money in to our children’s savings accounts.

I have just quit my job as we are planning a move to the States as my husband has been offered an amazing. Job opportunity, however we do have the security that we have no mortgage and we both received trust funds so we are able to been extremely flexible when it comes to money/life style.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Between us we have around £1500 after bills including phone contracts, contact lenses, basically non-household bits. Partner works full time, I work part time/self employed and we have 2 children.

Reactions: 1
Roughly speaking I have about £1100 after mortgage and bills. Currently paying off a holiday too which is another £200 gone every month until July. Not sure how I spend the remaining £900 to be honest but I always manage it. I should really start being more strict and actually sit down and work out my finances.
This year I started a spreadsheet for gas,electric,food shopping(including eating pot) and diesel for the car-it has been quite the eye opener to say the least! Our food bill is ridiculous considering it is just me my husband and an almost one year old!

As for our disposable income-I couldn’t tell you but at the moment it’s not much because I’m at the end of maternity and it is set to get worse as I am pregnant with number two so we are both reducing our hours

When we moved out, me and my husband agreed to pay the bills in a way so that what we had left each- disposable income- was the same. It didn’t make sense to us to necessarily split the bills and one of us be left with more money as we then couldn’t both pay for things such as a holiday as easily.

After bills I have about £1400 left for myself. In all honesty I don’t know where it goes 😂 we don’t have kids but we do enjoy holidays, weekends away, etc..

When we moved out, me and my husband agreed to pay the bills in a way so that what we had left each- disposable income- was the same. It didn’t make sense to us to necessarily split the bills and one of us be left with more money as we then couldn’t both pay for things such as a holiday as easily.

After bills I have about £1400 left for myself. In all honesty I don’t know where it goes 😂 we don’t have kids but we do enjoy holidays, weekends away, etc..

That makes sense, and me and my fiancé were the same when we lived together. He is in the RAF and away for 8 months at the moment, so our own money is very much our own at the moment and we don't have any joint accounts. Since being together from 17 he's always earned more than I have and when we moved out at 19 we originally split everything 50/50 but he started to pick up a few more bills as he had a lot more disposable income than I did. Made me feel better as although he was paying more towards the house I wasn't scrimping until the next pay check. Very fortunate to both have big pay rises since and I don't think I'd even want to work out his disposable income!

-£275 this month🙃

Roll on pay day on Friday but I’ll be up tit creek again by Monday.

Reactions: 10
Wow, I’m shocked people have so much disposable income I’ve got myself in a right mess with debts so my outgoings and income are about the same if not on the worse side of ideal

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Wow, I’m shocked people have so much disposable income I’ve got myself in a right mess with debts so my outgoings and income are about the same if not on the worse side of ideal
along all these threads I’ve found peoples financial situations really fascinating. Each month collectively we bring home about £4300ishhh(depending on my overtime/training pay) and I always felt pretty comfortable with that, it’s more than most of our friends our age. But it amazes me that people have posted saying thats what just one of them earn!!! Or that they save a few grand a month or have a few grand spare after bills...i try not to obsess over money but it does fascinate me sometimes

Reactions: 8
along all these threads I’ve found peoples financial situations really fascinating. Each month collectively we bring home about £4300ishhh(depending on my overtime/training pay) and I always felt pretty comfortable with that, it’s more than most of our friends our age. But it amazes me that people have posted saying thats what just one of them earn!!! Or that they save a few grand a month or have a few grand spare after bills...i try not to obsess over money but it does fascinate me sometimes
Can I ask your age? Just as you said it’s more than most your friends your age and just interested to see how it compares to me!

Combined we have about £15,000 left every month but that's before putting money into my kids savings and solicitor fees (ongoing divorce 🤦🏻‍♀️)
Have a company so slightly different to most id imagine.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
We tend to spend one of our wages and save the other. So that's spending roughly £1500 a month and saving that much too. We're trying to live wisely now and cut our mortgage down as we plan to have children soon.. and with our job it wouldn't be possible for me to stay working there (they expect too much!)

Combined we have about £15,000 left every month but that's before putting money into my kids savings and solicitor fees (ongoing divorce 🤦🏻‍♀️)
My husband and I combine bills/income and at present after household expenses we have a disposable income of around £7500 - that is before we put money in to our children’s savings accounts.

I have just quit my job as we are planning a move to the States as my husband has been offered an amazing. Job opportunity, however we do have the security that we have no mortgage and we both received trust funds so we are able to been extremely flexible when it comes to money/life style.
I don't know what you two do for a living, but I'm in a wrong job! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Phew, someone on my wave length 🤔 I pretty much only break even most months unless I work overtime - which I do whenever possible just to help pay for treats etc.
It's my own fault as I have debts I'm paying off but I have a home, food and heating etc and run a car so I'm not complaining too much. Money isn't everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Crikey, nowhere near as much as some of you! I tell you what though, I'm happy for all of you doing well like that. Good on you!
I spent a lot of time when I was younger, wishing things were different and that I was better at everything, what a waste.
I'm old now and I'm in a different mindset. I'm all about that I'm safe where I live, and warm and full. I'm surrounded by mostly, happy kids and pets. And if you've got more than me, but you're decent to me then awesome. Let's have a chat.
If you've got a lot less than me, ok no probs, if you're decent to me, I'm decent to you. Fancy coming round for tea? (It's probably something crap like pasta bake 😂)
But come on down.
So, after bills, including cars and pet expenses it's around £600. £300 of it is saved. Other £300 is kids extra curricular activities and family holidays. Extra curricular arent too bad atm, because middle one has taken to school based clubs which are lovely (and free.)
That's coming out at £70 at the mo, excluding replacement uniforms, goggles etc..but that's not every month.

Reactions: 8
Partner and I have about £2k after we’ve paid bills, topped up savings and child’s savings.

We have pocket money accounts we split the remainder into so roughly about
£1k each... I spend every bit of mine on stuff as I’m a serial spender and he barely touches his, hence why we split it and don’t pool it.

I dread to think how much better off we’d be if I could stop spending so much money on tit.

Holy heck that’s more than my partner earns in a year!!! Good for you though!

I’m nowhere near as much as others - currently around £500 a month but that’s because I don’t have to pay bills, rent etc. I try and save a good whack so I’m hoping I don’t have a big shock when I move out but I think I still will 😂