How long did it take for you to conceive your first baby?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure if I ever wrote on here after I concieved. I used to follow this thread.

It took me two years to concieve my first. Currently 25 weeks.
Found out I had endometriosis just before too which I was totally devestated about. TTC is so so hard.

So for those of you feeling awful a year or so in, I hear you. I was there. But i got there, and I'm sure you will all too.

Sending love to you all ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It's now been 13 months TTC. I've to do a blood test and I've been prescribed folic acid for 3 months (which I've already been taking). I've also been referred to the fertility clinic.
I've cried everyday since Sunday, when I knew my period was coming (sore breasts, low mood). When it finally arrived on Tuesday I just felt numb. I suppose reality is hitting now, with the referral... I was also told I'd need to lose 3 stone, otherwise I won't be eligible for IVF on the NHS. You'd think that'd be a good motivator for me to lose weight - but no, I've been eating more. I'm punishing myself, I think.
My husband and I have spoken about adoption as a possible route, and I'm honestly considering not going ahead with any potential fertility treatment. It's all so draining, so negative. We just want a family. Why does everything have to be so hard?

Hey I haven’t posted on here for a while but it took me over 5 years to make our baby I spontaneously ovulated only one of my ovaries works I was on the ivf route but then covid then I found out I was pregnant this sounds like a silly thing to say but I ovulated really close after my period not when I thought so it was a huge surprise try testing a few days after your period as I wasn’t aware that I was ovulating at strange times x

Reactions: 1
How long did it take for everybody’s period to come back after coming off contraception? I had my implant taken out nearly a month ago after having it in for 7 years and my period hasn’t made an appearance yet.. makes it very difficult to track ovulation etc when I don’t know where my cycle is at

How long did it take for everybody’s period to come back after coming off contraception? I had my implant taken out nearly a month ago after having it in for 7 years and my period hasn’t made an appearance yet.. makes it very difficult to track ovulation etc when I don’t know where my cycle is at
About 6 weeks after having the implant out. Are you using ovulation test sticks?

About 6 weeks after having the implant out. Are you using ovulation test sticks?
interesting. No I’m not, I don’t want to get myself down that rabbit hole because I know I’ll become obsessive, I would consider doing it after a few months of not conceiving

interesting. No I’m not, I don’t want to get myself down that rabbit hole because I know I’ll become obsessive, I would consider doing it after a few months of not conceiving
Wait until you get the first period and then start tracking the days between that and the next period - they can be all over the place for the first few months so you might want to use the opk’s to check that ovulation is happening between periods one & two, just for peace of mind that everything has started back up, even if your periods are a bit up and down for a few months.

Mine was 3 months after having the coil out, they say it can take up to 3 months. It is annoying to have no idea what is going on but try not to stress about it your body is probably adapting to not being in contraception after so long. I wouldn’t track ovulation until you’ve had a period

1st child two months, 2nd first month, 3rd 6 years and 4 miscarriages (3 early, one at 18 weeks) was trying for another (my 4th) for almost 5 years finally gave up this month, had enough, finally come to terms with it and to tell you the truth I have a huge sense of relief - no more checking for ovulation, peeing on sticks, symptom spotting etc. Feels like I can actually now get on with my life, I now feel I have wasted so much of my life waiting for something to happen. It was all I ever thought about. And now I have so much more free space in my head, sounds stupid but it's true.

Wish you all lots of luck.