How does twitter work?!!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am new to twitter and having problems understanding how it all works. I did try and google first but it didnt help!

So I have sent a tweet to an airline. It is showing on my side but my tweet Is not showing up on their twitter page. When I view tweet activity, it says x amount of people have seen it and interacted with it. But how can they if it is not there?!! I don't have any followers as it is a new account.

Can someone explain it slowly for me?!

Thank you!

Did you tag the airline in the tweet?
They should be able to see it if you have.
I haven’t used twitter for years so can’t be much more help sorry!

I am new to twitter and having problems understanding how it all works. I did try and google first but it didnt help!

So I have sent a tweet to an airline. It is showing on my side but my tweet Is not showing up on their twitter page. When I view tweet activity, it says x amount of people have seen it and interacted with it. But how can they if it is not there?!! I don't have any followers as it is a new account.

Can someone explain it slowly for me?!

Thank you!
People can see your tweet if you've hash tagged a subject #Tattle for example. Also if they are following you. If your account is on private only people you follow and they follow you can see the tweet. Don't have it on private. It takes awhile to get the best from twitter. Once you get some followers and you follow people. Your timeline gets better.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Make sure your account isn’t set to private, if it’s an open account make sure the product your tweets, in the privacy settings are turned off.

• Heart
Also if you follow someone who retweets loads of tweets.. You can turn of that persons retweets. You can mute people. You can mute subjects. You will get more notifications when you hash tag. Especially on trending subjects. If you are watching Britain's got talent for example. You want to comment... Hash tag #BGT after your comment. Don't get into twitter rows. Just ignore them. They hate that on there.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
People can see your tweet if you've hash tagged a subject #Tattle for example. Also if they are following you. If your account is on private only people you follow and they follow you can see the tweet. Don't have it on private. It takes awhile to get the best from twitter. Once you get some followers and you follow people. Your timeline gets better.
Thank you so much!! Yes it makes perfect sense now why people will see it of a hashtag is used.

Will it have to be approved to show up on their timeline? As I thought it would appear instantly.

Make sure your account isn’t set to private, if it’s an open account make sure the product your tweets, in the privacy settings are turned off.
All open! All I want to do is moan at an airline! X

Thank you so much!! Yes it makes perfect sense now why people will see it of a hashtag is used.

Will it have to be approved to show up on their timeline? As I thought it would appear instantly.

It wont appear on their timeline, it’ll only appear on yours. Their timeline is for what THEY tweet/reply to, etc. Hope that makes sense!

As long as you have tagged them in it, they should see it. Or DM (private message) them :)

• Heart

Your tweets will only appear on someone's timeline if they follow you. But when hash-tagged people can find your tweets. If they are searching that subject. I tweeted GMB today. Anyone searching GMB would be able to see my tweet. Sometimes someone that follows you retweets your tweet on to their timeline. So someone may comment to you that way.

Twitter is very good for contacting companies. If I need to contact my energy supplier or bank. You can get instant help. I think it's really good that way. They will send you a private message.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
It wont appear on their timeline, it’ll only appear on yours. Their timeline is for what THEY tweet/reply to, etc. Hope that makes sense!

As long as you have tagged them in it, they should see it. Or DM (private message) them :)
So simple now! Thank you so much. I feel very silly!

Your tweets will only appear on someone's timeline if they follow you. But when hash-tagged people can find your tweets. If they are searching that subject. I tweeted GMB today. Anyone searching GMB would be able to see my tweet. Sometimes someone that follows you retweets your tweet on to their timeline. So someone may comment to you that way.

Twitter is very good for contacting companies. If I need to contact my energy supplier or bank. You can get instant help. I think it's really good that way. They will send you a private message.
Thank you for your help! X