how concerned should I be that he might have spread it to us?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi my fellow tattlers I have a stupid question but figured there’d be some Covid experts here 😁

A guy at work has let us know today that his son has tested positive for covid, I think he’s 9 or 10. The guy has tested negative. They took the test this afternoon.

So my question is, how concerned should I be that he might have spread it to us?

Reactions: 2
Not concerned at all. He's negative so you haven't been in contact with a positive Covid case. Carry on as normal. Even if he becomes positive, if your last contact with him was more than 48 hours before he became positive, you'll still be ok. 👍

Reactions: 3
Hi my fellow tattlers I have a stupid question but figured there’d be some Covid experts here 😁

A guy at work has let us know today that his son has tested positive for covid, I think he’s 9 or 10. The guy has tested negative. They took the test this afternoon.

So my question is, how concerned should I be that he might have spread it to us?
not concerned. If they’ve taken LFT tests (sounds like it is if they’ve got the results from a test this afternoon) it’ll need confirming with a PCR test until which they should all isolate. might still not be covid, he should be
with his son until they get the results of the PCR.

Reactions: 2
not concerned. If they’ve taken LFT tests (sounds like it is if they’ve got the results from a test this afternoon) it’ll need confirming with a PCR test until which they should all isolate. might still not be covid, he should be
with his son until they get the results of the PCR.
Not concerned at all. He's negative so you haven't been in contact with a positive Covid case. Carry on as normal. Even if he becomes positive, if your last contact with him was more than 48 hours before he became positive, you'll still be ok. 👍
Thank you both. He did say he was going to go for a pcr test to confirm his negative diagnosis.

I’ve had both jabs so not too worried for myself but we went round the inlaws last night and I’d hate to have given them something.
But it sounds like I needn’t worry 🤓

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you both. He did say he was going to go for a pcr test to confirm his negative diagnosis.

I’ve had both jabs so not too worried for myself but we went round the inlaws last night and I’d hate to have given them something.
But it sounds like I needn’t worry 🤓
Please don't worry, you'll be fine. I guess your in laws are both double jabbed too? Hope he stays negative and his son is fine too 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 1