Housebywhitehorns #2 Sarah Battle begs while Barry sells the kegs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting point you have made about others being triggered yet it seems that you are maybe triggered by criticism of Sarah. You’re right - it is her job now. But like anyone who puts themselves in the public eye by virtue of their job, then their performance is open to critique. Politicians, health experts during the pandemic, TV/radio personalities, members of the public going to the papers/radio show with a story, Instagrammers, etc, all have been subject to commentary whether good, bad or indifferent. When it comes to sales/marketing big companies have been criticised for missing the mark on ad campaigns - check out Gillette’s toxic masculinity ad campaign. So if someone is doing their job in the public eye and we as observers are not connecting with them or their message then we reserve the right to discuss and critique. Fairly simple trade off I’d say.

I agree - totally unrealistic. I find her totally tone deaf - it appears that middle class privilege is hard to hide. I saw her stories one day where she was promoting her fundraising for the homeless and the very next story directly after was that she had bought a jar of Chanel face cream 😬 🤦‍♀️
Nail on head. I’d say she spent the best part of €500 on hair and eyebrows this week. Is that normal or relatable for Sarah’s followers...highly unlikely!

Reactions: 6
I dunno, I'd say the same girl is quite unhappy. To be so busy trying to portray a perfect life, perfect image and not just living it must be exhausting. She definitely gives off I'm better than you vibes, it's as if in doing so somehow she'll feel better.

I've got small children and I don't have time to read or watch her stories because they are so long and rambling, I've no idea how she has time to make them 😂

Reactions: 7
I dunno, I'd say the same girl is quite unhappy. To be so busy trying to portray a perfect life, perfect image and not just living it must be exhausting. She definitely gives off I'm better than you vibes, it's as if in doing so somehow she'll feel better.

I've got small children and I don't have time to read or watch her stories because they are so long and rambling, I've no idea how she has time to make them 😂
And I have zero kids, and I don’t have time for dressing up, posing and pouting, swimming in the sea. Just about managed a hair appointment a month ago 🤦‍♀️. Where does Sarah get the time for all this...with 5 kids and a wall to build? 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 4
And I have zero kids, and I don’t have time for dressing up, posing and pouting, swimming in the sea. Just about managed a hair appointment a month ago 🤦‍♀️. Where does Sarah get the time for all this...with 5 kids and a wall to build? 😜
She’s perfectly superhuman aka hidden nanny and cleaner to allow her time for talking shite into the phone!

• Haha
I th

I absolutely think this comes from a place of unhappiness. It's like she needs everyone to know what she has. Yet shes never happy with her lot sure the day she got her hair cut she had extensions planned. Did she not say that she changed her wedding dress the week before she got married?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
And leave the kids out. They might be cute and all that but they don’t need their lives plastered on the gram. They are not part of “the business”

Changed her mind about her wedding dress...are you serious?!! She’s high maintenance for sure.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So funny @Lighthouse2028 🤣🤣🤣
What I’m thinking though, is how the fcuk do you get a new wedding dress within a week?!!!
Oh ya i dunno i couldn’t figure it out, sometimes i think she says things so people will be like oh sarah you header, you craaaazy when in fact she probably had it picked out weeks before do ya get me?

Reactions: 2
Oh ya i dunno i couldn’t figure it out, sometimes i think she says things so people will be like oh sarah you header, you craaaazy when in fact she probably had it picked out weeks before do ya get me?
She would have had to...sher no way in hell you would get a wedding dress at such short notice.

Reactions: 1
OMG...those shorts ... completely shapeless and wrinkled. And those ugly sandals...€200 😳
Yep... Like what bleeping person has time to be dressing up and modelling if you could call it that. Thats not advertising thats just i think im fabulous.

Plz the bracelets look like a child made them... For a child!!!!

I agree it must be exhausting to show up each day just to maintain engagement and do it by portraying this lifestyle that anyone with half a brain must know is staged. By staged I mean that she clearly has a lot of help either paid or from family but is not transparent about that.
I don’t find her in any way authentic or genuine from the on camera persona she presents. I get the sense that she’s not a woman’s woman by the way she portrays her lifestyle, as it only serves to make those who are more easily influenced feel inadequate or that they are not coping as well at life. I worked with a particularly narcissistic woman once, who always portrayed the perfect life and was always needing validation but we heard rumours that all was not well at home so you just never know what is going on in someone’s life.
A big turn off me has been the rampant over consumerism demonstrated by Sarah - she must be hoarding massive amounts of stuff or she’s not using the items at all and therefore being less than candid. So rather than being “influenced” to buy from those brands she promotes, it has the reverse effect and it turns me off those brands completely. I favour those brands that have not succumbed to the Instagram shopping channel.
I’m not against Instagrammers as such. There are still great examples of creativity and some lovely accounts run by people with great personalities and who come across so well and I really enjoy those. Unfortunately, Insta has also bred a sort of cabal of Irish InstaMams whose sole purpose is to sell sell sell with little integrity shown and they have become an embarrassing cliche, telling us about the most banal aspects of their life.

And leave the kids out. They might be cute and all that but they don’t need their lives plastered on the gram. They are not part of “the business”
Totally agree! Despite well documented concerns about children’s inability to give informed consent to having their image publicly available and the importance of affording them a clean digital footprint, the InstaMams do not appear to give a damn. Emma (the lake house) recently had her two little girls modelling for a Tesco campaign. This woman is a teacher!!! She is pregnant as is Ruth (house of goose) so I expect that we will be seeing lots of the newborns and associated ad campaigns soon. I have noticed that Caroline (ahousebythetrees) has been showing her children a lot less which is to be commended.
The current trend of using kids in ad campaigns by Instagrammers should be way more regulated. Traditional child modelling is much more regulated in terms of hours spent shooting, impact on schooling, money earned going to children’s accounts. Using your children to earn money is morally questionable in my opinion.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I agree it must be exhausting to show up each day just to maintain engagement and do it by portraying this lifestyle that anyone with half a brain must know is staged. By staged I mean that she clearly has a lot of help either paid or from family but is not transparent about that.
I don’t find her in any way authentic or genuine from the on camera persona she presents. I get the sense that she’s not a woman’s woman by the way she portrays her lifestyle, as it only serves to make those who are more easily influenced feel inadequate or that they are not coping as well at life. I worked with a particularly narcissistic woman once, who always portrayed the perfect life and was always needing validation but we heard rumours that all was not well at home so you just never know what is going on in someone’s life.
A big turn off me has been the rampant over consumerism demonstrated by Sarah - she must be hoarding massive amounts of stuff or she’s not using the items at all and therefore being less than candid. So rather than being “influenced” to buy from those brands she promotes, it has the reverse effect and it turns me off those brands completely. I favour those brands that have not succumbed to the Instagram shopping channel.
I’m not against Instagrammers as such. There are still great examples of creativity and some lovely accounts run by people with great personalities and who come across so well and I really enjoy those. Unfortunately, Insta has also bred a sort of cabal of Irish InstaMams whose sole purpose is to sell sell sell with little integrity shown and they have become an embarrassing cliche, telling us about the most banal aspects of their life.

Totally agree! Despite well documented concerns about children’s inability to give informed consent to having their image publicly available and the importance of affording them a clean digital footprint, the InstaMams do not appear to give a damn. Emma (the lake house) recently had her two little girls modelling for a Tesco campaign. This woman is a teacher!!! She is pregnant as is Ruth (house of goose) so I expect that we will be seeing lots of the newborns and associated ad campaigns soon. I have noticed that Caroline (ahousebythetrees) has been showing her children a lot less which is to be commended.
The current trend of using kids in ad campaigns by Instagrammers should be way more regulated. Traditional child modelling is much more regulated in terms of hours spent shooting, impact on schooling, money earned going to children’s accounts. Using your children to earn money is morally questionable in my opinion.
👌👌To all of this.

A family friend knows her mum, she said she is over in the house the whole time helping - nothing wrong with this but Sarah likes to let on she is super mum doing it alone

A family friend knows her mum, she said she is over in the house the whole time helping - nothing wrong with this but Sarah likes to let on she is super mum doing it alone
Oh sure absolutely she is.
But I feel today's little dig about the twins 1st visit to her house was for our benefit 😂

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.