Honeymoon money as a present - how much would you give?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few years ago my cousin got married. I was not part of the ‘bridal party’ as in bridesmaid or anything, but I attended her hen which was abroad and cost me about £600, I stayed in the hotel before and after her wedding as it was quite far which cost me another £200, and I gave £150 as a wedding present as they asked for money for the honeymoon.

Since the wedding I’ve heard from her about 3 times.. I feel like she used me to make up the numbers now and in future I’ll be more careful about what weddings I spend a lot of money on 🙃
What is it with these people who expect you to fork out hundreds of pounds just to attend their wedding. Honestly some people want it all, the fancy wedding a hundred miles away from where anyone lives, a hen weekend abroad, honeymoon in the Maldives paid for by guests giving money etc. I couldn’t imagine asking guests to spend so much just to celebrate my wedding. When I eventually get married I probably won’t even have a hen do but that’s because I have no friends😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
What is it with these people who expect you to fork out hundreds of pounds just to attend their wedding. Honestly some people want it all, the fancy wedding a hundred miles away from where anyone lives, a hen weekend abroad, honeymoon in the Maldives paid for by guests giving money etc. I couldn’t imagine asking guests to spend so much just to celebrate my wedding.
I know right! I’m not married but it I was to get married I wouldn’t expect anything from my guests and I’d like to keep the costs down. All that money for one day seems mad to me! I’m sure one of my cousins bridesmaids said she demanded they all had their nails done but didn’t pay for them 😅 honestly these people 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3