Home Schooling show offs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone peeved at all the home schooling chronic flexers out there at the moment. The ones who’ve completed google classroom by 9am, written a journal by mid morning, baked a cake by noon, designed a poster for their window to motivate their community by mid afternoon and so on. My sons being looked after by you tube and Disney+ whilst myself and husband are working at 150%, gotta keep the essential services going (we work in sex health and social housing) although let me tell you people are not happy that we can’t provide full services.... probably the same people who are flexing all over social media about the home Ed they’re doing with their kids...... also they’ve probably got spare rooms full of pasta and bog roll too #justsaying sorry I’m on a rant now. by the way I e got time to write this today because I’m technically on annual leave today, however leave during COVID means checking your emails 4 times an hour

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Anyone peeved at all the home schooling chronic flexers out there at the moment. The ones who’ve completed google classroom by 9am, written a journal by mid morning, baked a cake by noon, designed a poster for their window to motivate their community by mid afternoon and so on. My sons being looked after by you tube and Disney+ whilst myself and husband are working at 150%, gotta keep the essential services going (we work in sex health and social housing) although let me tell you people are not happy that we can’t provide full services.... probably the same people who are flexing all over social media about the home Ed they’re doing with their kids...... also they’ve probably got spare rooms full of pasta and bog roll too #justsaying sorry I’m on a rant now. by the way I e got time to write this today because I’m technically on annual leave today, however leave during COVID means checking your emails 4 times an hour
And they laminate everything 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
OH I'M HERE FOR THIS 👀 🍿

They're always "so proud" and doing daily social media updates of how wonderful it all is.

None of them seem to have proper jobs.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I've printed a schedule but only because of the teenager! Lots of breaks, I'm not a teacher , I'm a parent losing my tit big time . I'm also quite relaxed about it all despite the school bombarding us with stuff ! They'll do what they can & that's it .

Reactions: 8
I bet they've organised their cupboards. :giggle: and all the kids colouring pencils are colour coordinated

• Haha
Reactions: 9
As long as mine reads & writes a bit each day I don’t mind. I’m working f/t from home & husband away working. Our 10 year old has so far watched most of little Britain, come fly with me, stranger things & every shark film going 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I'm a special needs teaching assistant but not working as I'm in my third trimester. Home schooling is a nightmare. My son has autism, and despite it being my job, I cannot get him to do anything. We managed 1 piece of English work but only because I bribed him with doritos. He literally had his right hand in the crisp bag and left hand writing 😂 I made them a scavenger hunt for our dog walk so they had to read that 😂 my 6 year old is slightly easier but honestly they just play or watch TV. I thought we'd manage more than we have so far but it's hard to get them motivated to do school work when they arent physically in school.

Reactions: 10
I've done the rainbow thing but that is the easiest wihout rows. I've had a few breakdowns alone in the bedroom. Hate Google classroom and not doing it any more. Doing the best I can not easy especially with one laptop between 2 kids and no garden 😔

Reactions: 6
I think a lot of parents meant well but I’ve seen loads of pictures of mini classrooms and full on time tables and it’s mad, realistically how long will you keep it up for? I made a loose plan that went out the window on day 2. You’re not teachers and you don’t need to recreate school at home. Bit of reading bit of maths here and there is all that’s needed. Every child in the country is in the exact same position, no one’s going to be left behind.

I think some are putting pressure on themselves to suddenly become home educators and the ones showing off don’t help. Everyone needs to chill out. What kids need most right now is love, stability and fun, not parents who are trying to be something they’re not for social media. Do what works for your children whether that’s a routine, no routine or somewhere in the middle (Probably most of us?), not what keeps you up with the Joneses on Facebook.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My sister in law is driving me mental! We have a daily diary posted to Facebook if all the activities they have done. She posted her weekly plan last night, and a picture of all the work she had pulled together. She admitted tonight she is struggling with the balance of work, school and normal life and that she and her son are having daily tiff’s and lots of tears! He is 8. A friend, who is also a teacher, commented very politely to say that maybe she needed to back off a little. That she wasn’t a teacher and he isn’t in his natural teaching environment. That the day was far too structured and the expectation was more than he could cope with. She isn’t having any of it, she has to be perfect. My niece, who is 15, has adapted very well and just gets on with it. She can’t understand why he won’t!
I daren’t tell her that we don’t start until 10am and are done by 2.30pm with a 45 minute break 😂😂

Reactions: 6
We have a group chat for the parents , just to communicate lost pe kits or I’ve got little johnnys jumper. There’s a few on there , just make it fun guys ! We have done all the assigned work by 12 . Afternoon is fun educational crafts , baking and secluded walks .
Me over where 12 pm still out pjs arguing with my six year old , that’s it’s not homework and we have to do it . While my 4 year old runs riot and I catch my 2 year old drawing on my wall.

Reactions: 7
Oh my god, I could be friends with all of you! I reckon all our kids will be fine and not precocious little feckers with laminators.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
My child’s been fed and had a bath today .... I’m winning!! Anything else is a bonus, we’ve just played board games, done jigsaws, bit of YouTube, she’s got autism so clothes aren’t on the agenda either, pjs all the way, and no real meltdowns

Reactions: 12
Your doing a fab job!

Reactions: 3
Oh my god, I could be friends with all of you! I reckon all our kids will be fine and not precocious little feckers with laminators.
It's full on basic here.... I don't even own a printer 😔😁😁. Anything I need printing I do at work..... But obviously I'm not actually there now for a while! I'm having to handwrite the worksheets 🙄

Reactions: 3
We are all doing our best, if we can get through this tit with our health, both mental and physical, income, home , family and friends in tact we’ve done bloody amazing.

Reactions: 7