Home Educating Children - share ideas, ask advice and support

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there a thread on here where those of us temporarily home educating our children can share ideas, ask advice and get support?

Reactions: 4
I have a year 1 child, we have a few work books that never got used from last summer but ive ordered some more on amazon.
Today we've been on one bike ride, about to set off on another. Have done baking, i got him to write down what ingredients he thought we would need and then weigh/measure everything out, also has drawn a 'blueprint' for how he wants the buns to look when they're decorated.
Maths and phonics have been done via workbooks. Some art with a giant roll of paper and stamps.
He will read as normal at bedtime and we will read to him.

Does anyone know many hours we should be doing of maths and phonics?
Im really interested to hear how other peoples days have looked for any age child.

We do it when they want to I have a son in year one and another in reception so it's similar work we tend to make it fun and not too serious sometimes they wana do it for so long you end up being bored hehe sometimes they don't wana do it which is OK so we try and do it via play what my kids can't do it art for some reason they hate it so much no drawing no sticking no colouring it's so annoying any tips?

There is 1000s of lesson plans, work sheets and teaching ideas here for all ages.
This website is used by UK schools for their resources.
Some are to pay for some but you don't really need to as it is really easy to screenshot and print them.

Reactions: 2
This may be useful for some

There is 1000s of lesson plans, work sheets and teaching ideas here for all ages.
This website is used by UK schools for their resources.
Some are to pay for some but you don't really need to as it is really easy to screenshot and print them.
Thanks for this.

Reactions: 1
I used the schoolrun subscription service for the whole of primary - it was well worth the cost and had the curriculum completely covered. BBC Bitesize is superb for KS3+

Reactions: 1