Holly Gabrielle #4 Any excuse to take her shirt off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
does anyone think the reason she's choosing so many medic morning routine is because she is still bitter that she wasn't "good enough" to get in and uses this to compare herself to those who did - and finds reasons why she's better than them? "oh he drinks coffee ooh that's disgusting I could never! ooh I've left the dishes to be washed like he does but I would always wash mine"
Increasingly I wonder if a lot of the choices Holly has made have been based on the prestige, as she really doesn’t seem to have a lot of passion for anything that she’s doing. That or she makes safe choices so that her opinion of herself isn’t challenged. I never got the impression that she was particularly passionate about medicine, but let’s face it, getting into medical school is objectively a tough thing to do and would have been a prestigious thing to succeed at - but to me, the fact that she didn’t even try again or try anywhere else (or at least, she didn’t share that she did) doesn’t seem to me like the actions of someone who really, really wants to be a medic. And honesty, she is just far too immature for medicine, and I can’t see how she’d cope with having to touch and confront body-shapes that differ from her ideal.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
does anyone think the reason she's choosing so many medic morning routine is because she is still bitter that she wasn't "good enough" to get in and uses this to compare herself to those who did - and finds reasons why she's better than them? "oh he drinks coffee ooh that's disgusting I could never! ooh I've left the dishes to be washed like he does but I would always wash mine"
I think more because they’re probably pretty popular and people would be more inclined to click on them than a random person’s routine.

Reactions: 2
just confused why she feels the need to get herself so worked up over absolutely everything?

like the morning routine video, she says she’s anxious about not waking up to the 7:15 alarm..... but what’s the worst that could happen if she doesn’t? She doesn’t get a video filmed? It’s not like she has any lectures that morning. She gets herself so so worked up over stuff it’s so strange.

oh and then there’s hollys innate response to coffee. It annoys me now. Like we get it, you don’t drink coffee (or alcohol or eat animal products or have any semi-decent snacks or treats) but who gives a tit???? If you’re going to complain that much about having it then don’t have it??? Also, instant coffee is gonna be worse than anything else, so she’s putting herself through hell by not giving proper coffee a chance.

Reactions: 22
What struck me was she made a fuss about not wanting to a watch a vlog where he was stitching something (haven't seen it but I'm assuming it was suturing practice on fake skin stuff?). Hun, why did you apply to medicine if you can't even deal with watching something as tame as that? You know in medical school you have to suture real skin, take blood, and dissect human cadavers?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
So, this was the first video of holly I’ve watched in a long time and purely because I like Nasir (guess she got me with her stupid click baiting 🤭).
And it was absolute torture. She has gotten so obnoxious and unlikeable. Who does she think she is?!

Holly.
If you are complaining about the routine the whole time, then don’t do it? Stop pretending like your behaviour/life is soo much better? Not drinking coffee or not having had a relationship is not a personality trait nor does it make you any better?! Why the duck did you apply to Med school if you can’t watch him doing stitches on A DUMMY?! wtf 😂 and ps: your hair looks like that because you are probably quite severely malnourished

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Increasingly I wonder if a lot of the choices Holly has made have been based on the prestige, as she really doesn’t seem to have a lot of passion for anything that she’s doing. That or she makes safe choices so that her opinion of herself isn’t challenged. I never got the impression that she was particularly passionate about medicine, but let’s face it, getting into medical school is objectively a tough thing to do and would have been a prestigious thing to succeed at - but to me, the fact that she didn’t even try again or try anywhere else (or at least, she didn’t share that she did) doesn’t seem to me like the actions of someone who really, really wants to be a medic. And honesty, she is just far too immature for medicine, and I can’t see how she’d cope with having to touch and confront body-shapes that differ from her ideal.
Yeah I don't think medicine would have been right for her. You have to deal with a lot of unpredictability in medicine, and I don't think she'd like that. It seems like she likes to learn everything perfectly with no room for error, have her work very structured and medicine isn't like that. Plus medicine has a lot of social interaction and a BIG emphasis on teamwork... oh and I can NOT imagine her even being remotely comfortable with taking a sexual history!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
As anyone watched Emily's video talking about finding her 'vegan' boyfriend, I cant believe she is mid twenties she seems so immature and acts like its her first boyfriend in school

Reactions: 9
As anyone watched Emily's video talking about finding her 'vegan' boyfriend, I cant believe she is mid twenties she seems so immature and acts like its her first boyfriend in school
Is she still with the climber guy Dan who she talked about getting coil for? I'm surprised Holly hasn't started going to the climbing sent been the competitive sister she is! You'd think if Emily was a regular user of dating apps Holly would know more about them and not act like a clueless idiot in her dating app video

Reactions: 3
I tried to watch it but Emily makes the most disgusting mouth noises when she talks (especially becuase she was eating brownie batter at the same time!) so I gave up. When I was snooping on her ig the other day she had a poll asking if people wanted a video on how they met, hunny it is not that big of a deal. Like you say, it feels really immature to be making such a big fuss about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Is a 'vegan boyfriend' made out of soy instead of flesh? 🤔 *sorry I'll see myself out*

But yeah about Holly's video - it was so nice to see her have a nutritious breakfast for a change, with protein in it! Even though it was only cause she was following this routine which she clearly hated. Also I'd go crazy if I, at 23 years of age, was "not allowed to eat upstairs in the house" and had to face angry parents for not doing the washing up immediately after breakfast. Idk how she puts up with living in that house and then tells her viewers about how Truly Happy she is living at home and how she doesn't want to move out like?? why??

Also yeah the coffee think that was remarked upon already was a big throwback to Cambridge Holly devoting half a video to explaining how she "doesn't need to rely on stimulants like some other students do" because she is "eating a nutritious vegan diet that gives her all the energy she needs for studying". I'm paraphrasing but that actually was one of my first big WTF moments when watching Holly's videos.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
can now understand why Holly did that dating app video except instead of actually giving it a chance and going with the flow she made fun of it all. all while her sister had found a boyfriend through it. i see a bit of insecurity there Holly.

Reactions: 12
One thing I noticed about Emily's video is that she didn't mention anything about her boyfriend other than that they ate the same food??? I didn't hear anything outside of the fact that they're both vegan, like the same foods, and both drink herbal tea. Lmao if I was describing my bf I'd be saying about how we had the same sense of humour or we had similar family values, etc, but hers is purely about food and it's so weird!!!

Then again, she doesn't seem to have a sense of humour at all, which is a large part of what is 'off' about their family tbh. Be a bit edgy and have a proper belly laugh, jesus christ. I'd die if I was in a relationship with her lol, where is the chaotic energy?

Reactions: 21
can now understand why Holly did that dating app video except instead of actually giving it a chance and going with the flow she made fun of it all. all while her sister had found a boyfriend through it. i see a bit of insecurity there Holly.
Yeah definitely this, and probably also cause Holly's role in her dysfunctional family is to be the funny quirky family clown so everytime she interacts with her family for a video she needs to be super hyper and weird/funny

Reactions: 5
Then again, she doesn't seem to have a sense of humour at all, which is a large part of what is 'off' about their family tbh. Be a bit edgy and have a proper belly laugh, jesus christ. I'd die if I was in a relationship with her lol, where is the chaotic energy?
Oh my god you have hit the nail on the head! I feel like when they do have a proper belly laugh it's at the expense of someone else acting stupid, or just superficial humor (like farts and silly faces). I can't imagine them watching a good comedy show

Reactions: 10
I tried to watch it but Emily makes the most disgusting mouth noises when she talks (especially becuase she was eating brownie batter at the same time!) so I gave up. When I was snooping on her ig the other day she had a poll asking if people wanted a video on how they met, hunny it is not that big of a deal. Like you say, it feels really immature to be making such a big fuss about it.
I think she breathes really heavily, it drives me crazy!

Reactions: 5
One thing I noticed about Emily's video is that she didn't mention anything about her boyfriend other than that they ate the same food??? I didn't hear anything outside of the fact that they're both vegan, like the same foods, and both drink herbal tea. Lmao if I was describing my bf I'd be saying about how we had the same sense of humour or we had similar family values, etc, but hers is purely about food and it's so weird!!!

Honestly as a vegan of a quite a few years now I completely!! understand the importance of food in a relationship, I wouldn't be able to date a massive meateater that would cook steak everyday ^^'
but hobbies, interest, way of thinking, love language are all more important!!! my bf is an omni and I've expressed my preference/boundaries (I can't stand "open" meat in the fridge due to smell etc) and over time I also introduced him to vegan food he likes so we've found our balance that way - which I think you would get to if you focus on the relationship first and veganism second - someone who loves you and respects you truly would make compromises to make you feel more comfortable

Reactions: 7
Yeah I don't think medicine would have been right for her. You have to deal with a lot of unpredictability in medicine, and I don't think she'd like that. It seems like she likes to learn everything perfectly with no room for error, have her work very structured and medicine isn't like that. Plus medicine has a lot of social interaction and a BIG emphasis on teamwork... oh and I can NOT imagine her even being remotely comfortable with taking a sexual history!
As flawed as Holly is, I think she eventually realized she was a poor fit for medicine. Nowadays she doesn't go on and on about the rejection and how she's better off without med school. (Looking at you there, Jade.)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I couldn't imagine Holly being a medical doctor & being put in a situation where somebody tells her no. Like, where she advises a patient to do one thing, and the patient wants another - sometimes ignorantly, sometimes rightfully so. Or where a patient ranks their priorities differently (when is treating a symptom worth the side-effects of a treatment, that sort of thing).

Her current degree program seems like a great fit in that regard. It's closely related to medicine (and for better or worse, so would have been nutrition), so perhaps her med school application wasn't that far off but just not *quite* the right way to go, but I think a research environment suits her so much better.

During the weird coffee bit of the last morning routine, it also struck me how little Holly has complained to her viewers about doing her entire degree online. She has evaluated parts of her program, which seems completely fine, and might have been a bit dramatic about the exams... but I can't help comparing her to Eve or Jade, who are no less privileged but won't stop leaning on their viewers' reassurance (even though many of their viewers will have had a much more difficult time during covid). Like, as far as I recall the most controversial thing Holly did was do for a run AND take a walk (with her dogs) completely by herself in the fields on the same day. I appreciate that about her tbh

Also completely OT, but I would love to see an "I tried the curly girl method" video, I'm just so curious whether anything would happen with her hair 😂

Reactions: 17
she had that binge eating "disorder" video that was just her eating oats due to being malnourished

Reactions: 10
I couldn't imagine Holly being a medical doctor & being put in a situation where somebody tells her no. Like, where she advises a patient to do one thing, and the patient wants another - sometimes ignorantly, sometimes rightfully so. Or where a patient ranks their priorities differently (when is treating a symptom worth the side-effects of a treatment, that sort of thing).

Her current degree program seems like a great fit in that regard. It's closely related to medicine (and for better or worse, so would have been nutrition), so perhaps her med school application wasn't that far off but just not *quite* the right way to go, but I think a research environment suits her so much better.

During the weird coffee bit of the last morning routine, it also struck me how little Holly has complained to her viewers about doing her entire degree online. She has evaluated parts of her program, which seems completely fine, and might have been a bit dramatic about the exams... but I can't help comparing her to Eve or Jade, who are no less privileged but won't stop leaning on their viewers' reassurance (even though many of their viewers will have had a much more difficult time during covid). Like, as far as I recall the most controversial thing Holly did was do for a run AND take a walk (with her dogs) completely by herself in the fields on the same day. I appreciate that about her tbh

Also completely OT, but I would love to see an "I tried the curly girl method" video, I'm just so curious whether anything would happen with her hair 😂
Yeah I think both Ruby and Holly have actually enjoyed online learning and living at home again, they’ve both massively regressed though

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.