Hollife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thoughts on this one? So bitter whenever she gets thumbs downs on her videos. Moans about not earning enough money and that revolution won’t add her to there blogger pr database. Now a video saying she wants to quit youtube cos of thumbs downs, and for not having many subbies. She has 6k. Woe is me is real.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yes totally agree with you. She said that the thumbs down doesn't bother her as it's interaction either way but then why mention it. Also if someone comments on her videos that she slightly disagrees with, she gets all defensive. I was subscribed to her as she was funny sometimes and easy to watch but had to unsubscribe as there was too much negativity.

Reactions: 3
I loved her at first but now? Urgh.
Moans about thumbs downs on videos, moans about not getting views. I watch most of her videos but mainly the hauls/testing videos. I dont bother with the make up videos where she does a bold look with a palette (im more natural, neutral make up)
I dont like how she throws around "quitting" all the time. She makes it seem so hard to do but im sure if she went out and got a proper full time job (which she says youtube is) then she would find that hard.

Reactions: 4
Omg I agree with you!!! She’s so jarring, like keeps going on about not having enough views and that she wants to quit, quit then!
She used to seem like such a down to earth real youtuber and someone who id want to be friends with but over recent weeks she just seems to continue going on and on about quitting YouTube! I mean I get that it must be hard putting your soul into something that’s not giving you what you want back, but instead of threatening to quit why wouldn’t you just quit???

She often only gets 4 dislikes and obsesses over them, they are always outweighed by the number of likes but she always focuses on the negative. Her videos usually get a reasonable amount of positive comments/feedback and she rarely interacts/like these comments which is silly because positive engagement is important for smaller channels to help with getting "loyal" viewers. As soon as there is any type of criticism (or even suggestions she tries certain products - I've seen her be offish to these too) she's on it instantly being defensive, I find it alienating. If she wants more views then constructive criticism is what she needs to pay attention to.
YouTube isn't her job, it's a hobby. I watch YouTube after work as a distraction from my own actual stressful job that pays my bills. I don't want to watch someone moaning about their own "job" problems.
Her expectations for her channel are unrealistic. Her make up skills are poor to average (as are mine) but i enjoy her reviews. She seems to think she's entitled to earn money from YouTube and is "overqualified" (how?!) For entry level jobs, it's bonkers and the stress and "anxiety" she then radiates in her videos because she's not making the money she's decided she deserves is really off putting. Most small youtubers have jobs and quit if this comes financially viable. She's decided not to get a job and then acted like it's a situation she's helpless in.
If she got a job it would help her AND her channel. I think if she wasn't dependent on her husband paying her way in life and was able to be able to have money of her own to spend money (I can't afford it is her catchphrase) her videos would be more enjoyable, it would take away the stessyness. I'm interested in make up not constantly hearing about her bank balance

Have to agree. First of all, I noticed a lot of other smaller Youtubers, whose subscribers' count has been in a standstill, rarely or never complain about numbers like that, they just keep creating content and doing their best, without constantly reminding their audience that their channel isn't growing as rapidly as they had imagined. At this point I'm surprised she isn't getting more negative feedback, given the unnecessary drama outbursts she herself created and documented online. Or perhaps, she's been quick to block/delete such comments..

There's absolutely no need to post about any type of private breakdowns one may experience and then subsequently fish for attention and sympathy like that. The constant fishing for sympathy is quite frankly, off-putting.
Everybody has issues, there's really no need to indirectly beg for attention like that. All the attention-seeking tweets and references in the YT community tab are downright cringe-inducing and I can't help but feel second-hand embarrassment.
Next up, the money and again, everything being about numbers... Do the viewers have to know how much a Youtuber spent on a haul?
No, they don't. But she just shoves unnecessary information in her viewers' faces, low-key guiltripping them into liking the video and leaving stellar comments.. fml.

Never came across a Youtuber who guiltrips their audience like that. I'm sure there's others, but this is quite enough of an example for now.
She would have to take a hint on some social cues as she appears lost&uninformed on her social platforms. Fishing for attention with large brands, fishing for attention with some large influencers and then crying because she's not been chosen as a representative or received PR.
You just don't do that.. What kind of an image of yourself are you portraying.. Not a very stable, reliable, serious or adult one for sure.
I'm just still surprised she doesn't realize that is not the right way to go about running a beauty channel and building some sort of career in that field.

Not to mention, everything just screams internalized cotradiction. So, you advertise yourself as "honest, relatable, down-to-earth" and whatnot, but you sure do pull everyone's sleeve and strive to get a pass into the world of influencers&large brands. So which one is it? Do you follow the beat of your own drum or do you follow blindly and sell yourself for some PR? She's lowkey got her mind set on being a big influencer, and all the perks that come with it, but she insists on being true&relatable. Also, she's doing Youtube for fun, now, but is still complaining about views, likes and numbers; then she claims she enjoys her privacy and the next minute wants to air all her laundry for people to see and soothe her ego.
Girl, what?

Then, she doesn't care about PR one day, but the next day she's crying about not being noticed by brands...
Personally, I have no interest in watching confused individuals, emotionally unstable individuals, and people who fail to keep their tit together. Everybody has issues, people deal with those issues, they seek a therapist, they get help and support. I understand people struggle with a lot and they try to overcome their struggles, but dude, this is overall too much and it's unnecessary.
I want to have fun and try some makeup, I don't need someone bitching about how they're broke and then literally scolding their viewers for not praising the video enough. wtf seriously.

Then posting a question about how many people have actually seen the video and guiltripping people into watching it because "she spent so much time filming and editing". Like, what..
Unfortunately, there's just people who shouldn't have a social media corner\online beauty corner because they're not skilled at managing it.
And I'm afraid she's not. I doubt her attitude will ever change, so I don't see much improvement happening :\
Must say I also didn't appreciate all the drama around quitting Youtube. That was just another cry for attention and an attempt for people to beg her to stay. What kind of twisted logic is that..

And then the job seeking, we didn't need to know that, there was no need to advertise every move.
Then dissing entry-level jobs and regular jobs.. Refusing to take a regular position into consideration. There was no need for that.
How do you expect to magically find some fantasy job all of a sudden..
I'm just always shocked at some people.

I noticed once she mentioned something about her mental age being about 17... first of all, why would do want anyone to know that, it's embarrassing since you're way past your 20s; and lastly, that would explain a lot of that displayed immaturity.
I get the feeling most of her audience are teens anyway.
Given the other Youtubers she often praises as her role models are freaking kids who play with makeup, I'm getting an idea of what her thought process might be like.

I will second what's already been said, I too noticed she gets incredibly defensive about everything on her channel.
The craziest thing was asking for video suggestions, and then when people did, she just scolded them LOL, man that was wild.
What would you like to see? NO not that how dare you demand content 😂
Lastly, promoting promiscuity is a no-no in my book. Anyone can do whatever they like, and nobody's a saint, but identifying female empowerment with loose promiscuity and advertising unprotected sex with random partners, is straight up facepalm worthy.
All the advocacy and social justice she's trying to carry out in her tweets is another cry for attention. I don't want or need to hear about people's vaginas because they think it makes them cool.
There 's some serious growing up to do there

Reactions: 2
Wow. I thankfully missed the vaginas. I tried to ignore the discussion about miscarrying her unplanned pregnancies and how she never wants kids any way. I thought that could be a very sensitive topic for a lot of people.... and I'm here for the makeup!

I hope she takes this on board. She's been quite open about wanting more views and subs, and the comments above are what's stopping the channel from growing. But i think you're right it is an attitude thing which is unlikely to change.

Reactions: 1
Noticed she deleted all her videos because of "online hate" but she's started up her channel again under the pseudonym Holson. I don't know if the thread name can be changed pretty sure she changed her channel name so her threads couldn't be found because her blog is still under hollife (anyone else read it as ho-life) \o/

She's been back after six months, and has been posting for two weeks and she still i) mentions money and how broke she is in every video ii) has an attitude problem, and is far to busy to reply to her comments, and iii) made a video how she hates "insta" makeup and then posts two videos in a row with eyeshadow looks resembling a burger! Oh and she's dropping subscribers like flies!

I feel she may have some mental health difficulties and is genuinely unable to take criticism (constructive or otherwise) in the same way the majority of people can, it deeply affects her. I think this is why she can't get a job, finish uni, doesn't have friends etc. She's not a horrible person, she just obviously struggles with some sort of attention seeking problem and I think we should leave her be.

Anyone seen how she made a whole *theme* on Instagram based on burgers 😎 and her constant need to get involved in Twitter arguments?

Just discovered this thread cos of ukma chat, she did my head in so much but I couldn't bear to block her cos there was always so much drama 😂

• Haha
I'm confused. She seems to be referencing this thread as a sort of continuing attack on her mental health to the point she's not posting for a while but the last comment was almost two months ago. Am I missing something?

also confused, I seen the comment on facebook about how she got completely dragged on tattle and only found this one thread....I mean seriously?

Speaking of that group tho we neeeeeeed a UKMA thread! Specifically on that bloody Sophie Jemma “no filter” Rose! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Speaking of that group tho we neeeeeeed a UKMA thread! Specifically on that bloody Sophie Jemma “no filter” Rose! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Tattlelife is for chatting about people who monetise their life online as a business (ie influencers, youtubers, instagrammers) so speaking of normal people in a facebook group would be against the rules of the site

Tattlelife is for chatting about people who monetise their life online as a business (ie influencers, youtubers, instagrammers) so speaking of normal people in a facebook group would be against the rules of the site
Fair enough! She’s trying to get there bless her 😂 not quite yet

I feel like we can get one started now she’s making money from Instagram honestly I’ve got her blocked on everything now she’s such an over sharing wet paper bag

Here we all go….

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.