Holidays with friends when you have a boyfriend

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she wants to try for a baby with a guy who “isn’t sure” he wants to be with her and who’s mother seems to do all his talking for him? She’s an idiot.

if she’s your best friend then talk to her. Have a full & Frank conversation about everything- forget the holiday, it’s never going to happen but try to talk to her about this ridiculous notion of having a child with this guy. Are they even in a position to have a child? Do they live together? Do they both work? Do they have support from family? Do they BOTH genuinely want to have a child together? She just sounds absolutely ridiculous.
Yeah they have been together for 11 years and have a house together! I want to talk to her about it but unfortunately she just flies off the handle and doesn’t read or listen to my voice clips! What I don’t understand is he has put her through hell and all that but he hasn’t got any crap from her, it’s all me!

Yeah they have been together for 11 years and have a house together! I want to talk to her about it but unfortunately she just flies off the handle and doesn’t read or listen to my voice clips! What I don’t understand is he has put her through hell and all that but he hasn’t got any crap from her, it’s all me!
cut your losses. Sometimes you just grow apart from people and you have to let people go on their own path. It sucks, but if it’s just constant crap like this she’s throwing at you then what do you do? Leave her to it. You go and forge your own path, meet new people, do your own thing.

Reactions: 3
It’s a shame to lose a friendship. However I wouldn’t want to be friends with this person. She’s expecting you to wait until the time is right for her to go on a dream holiday. (I’m guessing long haul?) and that won’t happen any time soon if she’s so desperate to try for a baby.
& The fact it seems like their relationship is in tatters she should know herself that having a baby with this man is not the right thing to do and won’t fix the relationship.

Definitely cut your losses. This stress and upset is not worth it. Go with another friend and have a great time!

Yeah she seems selfish, I've learned over the years you grow out of friendships. I know it's sad but she will come crawling back, when she is left high and dry by him and has a sprog. Will you want her at that stage?I wouldn't

Reactions: 1
Sounds like she doesn’t know what she wants. She doesn’t want to lose him so wants to have a baby (disaster but let’s not go there) but she also doesn’t want you to go on the holiday without her. So she’s saying “we’ll do it one day” (with a baby yeah not gunna happen) in the hopes that you won’t go anyway. She basically wants you to put her life on hold for her while she and her bf figure out what sounds like a tit story of a relationship. My advice is to do what you want, you can still be there as a friend if you want to but tell her that you’re going on the holiday with or without her so the ball is in her court.
also it sounds like she’s kicking off with you cause you’re not saying what she wants you to say which is “I’ll put my life on hold and not go on my dream holiday for you”

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Maybe just let your friend chill for a bit. She will figure her tit out at some point. She prob just needs a little time to figure things out for herself. A baby is big decision and seems a bit spur of moment.

Meanwhile you should plan your dream holiday for yourself and go. You don't have to miss out cos she doesn't want to go anymore.

Just go on your holiday, either buy yourself or with another friend. Don't be putting your life on hold for this friend. If she has a baby there's no chance she will do anything with you never mind go on a big holiday.

Reactions: 4