Holidays #2 - 2022 roundup and plans for 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone been to Antigua and when is the best time to go for hot weather but least amount of rain. I know with the Caribbean that’s a catch 22 as hot = humid = rain

Has anyone been to Antigua and when is the best time to go for hot weather but least amount of rain. I know with the Caribbean that’s a catch 22 as hot = humid = rain
I've been in August with family( just before hurricane season) ....weather was brilliant, lovely warm and sunny the whole time (not sure if this is normal weather for that time of year but it was perfect)
I think we had 1 torrential downpour the whole fortnight we we there( but it was still warm!) ...it frequently will rain for maybe an hour anywhere in the tropics , usually mid afternoon and then brightens up again ...but hey it's the tropics and what you expect- just have a cocktail or read your book and wait for rain to pass!

Reactions: 1
I’m on holiday now (in the airport waiting for my flight to the next place I’m going) and I did an activity on my first full day here (Wednesday) and now I can barley walk. My legs hurt - someone asked me why I was walking strange yesterday. I also hurt my coxis hurts if I sit or go to stand so this will be a fun flight. Had a massage last night hoping it’ll help. I just hope it’ll get better soon so I can enjoy my time and do more activities

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So my legs finally got better after 5 days but now I have a bad cold 😭😭 been in bed the last 2 days. Went to the pharmacy yesterday for more paracetamol and nearly fainted, had to lie on the floor to feel better.
On the 18th I’m meant to be doing a 3d2n boat trip to my next destination. I don’t know if I’ll be able to 😭. Not sure whether to cancel it I think I get 50% cost back and cancel my next hotel and just stay here until I leave.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
@Former_Antelopee oh no! I hope you feel better soon and manage to enjoy at least some of the rest of your trip. The boat trip sounds like a lot, maybe best not to put yourself through that if you aren't up to it.

@Shinythings that does sound like a good idea!

Reactions: 2
Seeing as we're well into 2023 now, shall I start a 2023 thread?
Yes please😀
---
Would anyone advise what the optimum time to book a Ryanair flight is. Friend and I want to do a city break in early June to Gdańsk or Wrocław in Poland.
The price has gone up and down over the past two weeks that I’ve been monitoring it, by as much as £30!
found some wonderful cheap accommodation and wondering whether to book flights now or hold off for a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.